Jimmy Buffett on Anderson Cooper

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

rmissbrook
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I just heard
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Spiced Rum & Orange Juice

Re: Jimmy Buffett on Anderson Cooper

Post by rmissbrook »

I think that little cough must just be a nervous habit. If you listen to some of the older shows like Sag Harbor/East Hampton/Lulu's you will hear him clear his throat a lot. He's probably not even aware that he does it.

Chicago - June 28, 2014 (bringing 2 Buffett virgins!)

Hugs, Kay

Life is just a water ballet...

captenuta
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with the Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Re: Jimmy Buffett on Anderson Cooper?

Post by captenuta »

I just don't understand why they can't cap the oil rig. If it were in Iraq I bet it would be capped by now.....
This may be a reason they are not capping the leak at this point. If they cap the rig these fissures will open up and gulf could fill with oil. I'm no expert and I am not making excusses for BP and the Government but I think theres a lot more at risk here then we are seeing on the news.

"Another factor that would contribute to positive signs of a large methane gas reservoir would be cracks or fissures appearing on the ocean bed near the capped well opening. The appearance of these cracks is now becoming evident from footage sent up by the underwater robots working on the damaged well.

Fissures of gas eruptions entering the ocean are also being reported further along the outer radius of the drill site. Scientists are still crunching the numbers on the data they have collected over the recently completed 10 day research expedition. More available facts should come to light within the week"

http://www.news4us.com/new-evidence-sug ... ing/22509/
COME ALONG LET'S HAVE SOME FUN,
THE HARD WORK HAS BEEN DONE
WE'LL BARREL ROLL INTO THE SUN,
JUST FOR STARTERS

looking4OPH
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (frozen, salt); drink, repeat

Post by looking4OPH »

So, I watched my DVR'd interview from the other night and Cooper mentioned at the end that there would be more tomorrow (Friday) and Monday. Did anyone watch (or record) it on Friday? Was it a replay or more of the interview? And what will Monday be?

looking4OPH
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (frozen, salt); drink, repeat

Post by looking4OPH »

rmissbrook wrote:I think that little cough must just be a nervous habit. If you listen to some of the older shows like Sag Harbor/East Hampton/Lulu's you will hear him clear his throat a lot. He's probably not even aware that he does it.
He said that he was a little hoarse from the LuLu show during the interview. It was noticeable.

capnbobby
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Bacardi 8 anos

Post by capnbobby »

I enjoyed watching Jimmy on AC360 Thursday night. I thought what Buffett said about dispersants was interesting, namely, that there are scientists who think it's better to allow the oil to wash ashore so that it can be cleaned up. No one is sure about the damage dispersants do, so that is a concern. Buffett also pointed out that we get a very small amount of oil from deep-ocean drilling, another reason, in my opinion, why we shouldn't be drilling for oil in the oceans of our world. And, lastly, Buffett suggested that the ultimate answer might be found in alternative energy sources. In my opinion, we have failed to provide entrepreneurs with sufficient financial incentives to develop clean forms of energy. I hope that this human-made disaster will be an impetus for that to happen.

Fins and sails up!
capnbobby

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

looking4OPH wrote:So, I watched my DVR'd interview from the other night and Cooper mentioned at the end that there would be more tomorrow (Friday) and Monday. Did anyone watch (or record) it on Friday? Was it a replay or more of the interview? And what will Monday be?
Friday's interview was a replay of the second segment of Thursday's show. I thought it would be something different, although Jimmy seemed to say what he wanted to say in the segments that aired Thursday.

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Wondering what the Monday night segment will be then??

KruzinParrots
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Pirates Punch

Post by KruzinParrots »

conched wrote:Can't wait to see more of Jimmy with Anderson Cooper again tonight. He seemed to stumble over his thoughts some, but I guess I can understand his careful choice of words...gave it that much more meaning. Obviously had a super rapport with Cooper.

Linda, I've noticed Jimmy doing that little cough a LOT lately on all the ustream things.
:-? :-? Hope it's just that he needs some water!!!!

NICE JOB, JIMMY!!!!
Loved the interview. We're so proud of JB!!

As for the cough, we're think ing it is probably the weather/allergies. We didn't noticed it at the concerts. Have you??
Find Your Passion and Make It Happen

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

It seems like I've seen Jimmy do that a bit since we've been able to see the shows on ustream.

Jimmy's on again now. Comments about shoveling manure jobs changing to fixing flat tires in reference to jobs disappearing. :D

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture

Post by SunLover »

conched wrote:It seems like I've seen Jimmy do that a bit since we've been able to see the shows on ustream.

Jimmy's on again now. Comments about shoveling manure jobs changing to fixing flat tires in reference to jobs disappearing. :D
From those previews, it looks like it is a new third segment of the interview...

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Yes, SunLover...different stuff.

Jimmy mentioned an app called MoGo for iphones to report wildlife and tarballs, etc. He pulled out his iphone to show the app on his phone. :D

Here is the app at the savegulfwildlife.com

http://www.savegulfwildlife.org/

MoGO is a free iPhone™ app that turns you and your iPhone™ into a ‘citizen scientist’ helping wildlife experts find and rescue oiled birds, sea turtles, and dolphins. The MoGO app allows you to take and submit photos of oiled, injured, and dead marine and coastal wildlife; tar balls on beaches; oil slicks on water; and oiled coastal habitats.

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

Sadly, it did seem like Jimmy was telling the fishers and shrimpers to find new jobs... (regardless if it was caused by the resource "extractors").
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Jimmy also reported that although lots of news got out about the S. W. A. T. boats being taken out of the water, that they found out reasons and worked things out and they are back working again. Was that news reported anywhere. I just saw the news that BP halted their work.

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

conched wrote:Jimmy also reported that although lots of news got out about the S. W. A. T. boats being taken out of the water, that they found out reasons and worked things out and they are back working again. Was that news reported anywhere. I just saw the news that BP halted their work.
I didn't hear that they were back up and running either. But then again, wasn't cnn the only place to report that they were shut down. Regardless glad to hear that they are back in the water.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Although off topic, here's a follow-up story about the S.W.A.T. boat that Jimmy donated to help with the oil clean-up. It says it will be in the water the week of July 19 in the Bon Secour area under the direction of the U.S. Fish Wildlife Service.

The vessel was given to the Friends of the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge, a non-profit organization that supports Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge. The refuge is located in coastal Alabama and is managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
The boat is scheduled to begin wildlife recovery operations during the week of July 19.

Greg Vergari, wildlife recovery operations coordinator, will be selecting a two-person crew trained for the safe recovery of injured wildlife. The crew will follow standard wildlife rescue protocol, which quickly transports recovered animals to nearby treatment centers.

The S.W.A.T boat will be added to the fleet of 14 wildlife recovery boats, and it will work initially around our local national wildlife refuges," stated Vergari. "The crew can inspect habitat conditions for oil contamination while they search for injured wildlife."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/gulf_oi ... my-buffett