Thoughts About The Show in Gulf Shores, Alabama

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: Thoughts About The Show in Gulf Shores, Alabama

Post by RinglingRingling »

Wildh2oskier wrote:
sunseeker wrote: Unfortunately I was there and I was not proud to be a parrothead. ..but my memory is now tainted by the vision of all of those empty beer cups and water bottles ALL OVER THE BEACH! It sickened me that THIS would be the last memory that many would have of "parrotheads". I know- I know- we see it in parking lots all the time. But this was different. Very different. This was the beach...the very beach that we are fighting to save. I picked up what I could and yelled for others to do the same. Some young girl snarked, "they have machines to do that" and a older man said "well they are paying people who need jobs to do this". Yea.....THAT makes a difference...

Yes, I am embarrassed, saddened, and disheartened -
You were disheartend not by parrotheads but rather by the unwashed masses. I ate a going away late lunch at the oyster house yesterday. While I was "cruising the gift shop" I overheard one of the waitresses telling another one how much better "Buffett-heads" tipped.

We came, we saw, we partied, we laughed, we cried (well maybe some of yall did) we got tore up from the floor up and then we threw down. I hauled my cups and burger wrappers to the cans and even went so far as to try and figure out which went in what for recycling. You were right and they were right, they do pay people to clean it up. Each person has to do what they feel is best.
Thank you for coming and thank you for caring. It meant a lot to my neighbors down there.
the irony of this is amazing. In KW we have the reputation as lousy cheap bastards; in Lower AL, we are actually appreciated.

BigR-KyParrothead
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Knee Deep w/ZBB
Number of Concerts: 49
Favorite Boat Drink: Fat Tire

Post by BigR-KyParrothead »

RinglingRingling wrote:
Wildh2oskier wrote:
sunseeker wrote: Unfortunately I was there and I was not proud to be a parrothead. ..but my memory is now tainted by the vision of all of those empty beer cups and water bottles ALL OVER THE BEACH! It sickened me that THIS would be the last memory that many would have of "parrotheads". I know- I know- we see it in parking lots all the time. But this was different. Very different. This was the beach...the very beach that we are fighting to save. I picked up what I could and yelled for others to do the same. Some young girl snarked, "they have machines to do that" and a older man said "well they are paying people who need jobs to do this". Yea.....THAT makes a difference...

You were disheartend not by parrotheads but rather by the unwashed masses. I ate a going away late lunch at the oyster house yesterday. While I was "cruising the gift shop" I overheard one of the waitresses telling another one how much better "Buffett-heads" tipped.

We came, we saw, we partied, we laughed, we cried (well maybe some of yall did) we got tore up from the floor up and then we threw down. I hauled my cups and burger wrappers to the cans and even went so far as to try and figure out which went in what for recycling. You were right and they were right, they do pay people to clean it up. Each person has to do what they feel is best.
Thank you for coming and thank you for caring. It meant a lot to my neighbors down there.
the irony of this is amazing. In KW we have the reputation as lousy cheap bastards; in Lower AL, we are actually appreciated.

most of the locals i talked too were very glad we were in town. almost every waiter/waitress said over and over...thanks for coming down.

the only rudeness i experienced was at the show. luckily, we managed to find a spot about 50-75 yards from the stage with a great group of people who were more than happy to share the beach.

MammaBear
I Love the Now!

Post by MammaBear »

Snowparrot wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
LIPH wrote:Is this place still open?

It was great seeing everyone, most of you again but some for the first time.

Thanks to Charlotte for the VIP pass. I gave my 2 extra tickets to 2 women who said they had 6 people in their group but only had 4 tickets. They asked me what I wanted for them and I said "the next time you hear someone complaining about how rude and obnoxious New Yorkers are, tell them we're not all like that." We are, but they don't know that.

Great show, even without the people who were originally supposed to be there. I missed Sonny Landreth but I'm not a big Kenny Chesney fan. (Is that an oxymoron? "Big" and "Kenny Chesney"?) Zac Brown has a few good songs but I'm not pitching a tent in my shorts waiting to see him play.

Will Kimbrough was on fire on the guitar, great to have him dueting with Jimmy on Nobody From Nowhere. Loved hearing Jesse Winchester do Rhumba Man. Allen Toussaint should be declared a national monument, he's that good. And he's such a classy man.

While he was doing it, I posted on Facebook "Great new version of When The Coast Is Clear." I'm not the sentimental type, but it was wonderful.

I've seen Buffett about 125 times now and at the end of the show I said I was going out on a limb, but this may have been the best show I've seen.

One of the rumors I heard was that Kid Rock was supposed to be there. I'm a little disappointed he didn't show up. How great would it have been to hear Kid and Jimmy doing Cadillac Pu**y or You Never Met A Mother F**ker Quite Like Me?

One last thing, I checked weather.com on my Blackberry during the show. It wasn't just hot, it was mother f**kin' hot. It was 94 and the heat index was 112.

Bye again
Great rundown Larry, thanks. Delete that last line and it'll be perfect.
what SGH said!
Yea..but what about lawyers???

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

sunseeker wrote:Unfortunately I was there and I was not proud to be a parrothead. I was proud of Jimmy for keeping politics out of the show. I was proud of my BN friends old and new. Don't get me wrong - the weekend was fun and the show itself was magical. The best show I have ever been to. I hugged Renee and cried as he sang "When the Coast is Clear". It truly was a very special moment. But after the show...when the light came up - I was sick to my stomach. The beach was trashed. I don't mean to beat a dead horse...but my memory is now tainted by the vision of all of those empty beer cups and water bottles ALL OVER THE BEACH! It sickened me that THIS would be the last memory that many would have of "parrotheads". I know- I know- we see it in parking lots all the time. But this was different. Very different. This was the beach...the very beach that we are fighting to save. I picked up what I could and yelled for others to do the same. Some young girl snarked, "they have machines to do that" and a older man said "well they are paying people who need jobs to do this". Yea.....THAT makes a difference...

Different tailgate/party? Maybe, maybe not. I don't think Jimmy did this JUST to save that one particular beach. Instead, he did this to show everyone that the beaches on the entire Gulf are safe and not overflowing with oil, and that people should still come and spend their money at restaurants and hotels and wherever they can. It was all about stimulating the local economy.

And yes, I think it made a difference, though maybe a small one, that somebody paid people to cleanup after all those nasty "parrotheads" left, since again, that had to be helping the local economy, not hurting it.
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

LivingOutMy2ndChance
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: That's What Livin' Is to Me
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: hmmmmm???

Post by LivingOutMy2ndChance »

As some of you have said, I think this was the best I've ever seen Bubba. I've only been to 24 concerts, but spread over 20 years, I think I've got a pretty good frame of reference.

Many distractions nearly kept me from making the trip ... my daughter's birthday party didn't end until Saturday evening, which necessitated a Sunday morning departure time. I had to be in a meeting Monday morning at 8:30 ... and I live in northeast Georgia. So I knew I'd be driving over, finding a place to park, getting to the beach as quickly as I could, and then hitting the road as soon as possible afterwards for the all-night drive home. I even packed a suit in case I had to drive straight to my office. I almost didn't go, but my husband, who was headed to a different coast, kept saying, "why not ... it's Jimmy Buffett on the beach ... HIS beach ... just go." So I did.

And I kept remembereing what SchoolGirlHeart said about being front and center at the Anguilla concert ...
It was a general admission show... the VIP's were up in the balcony... front row center required pure sweat equity.... many hours standing in the sun....
As fate would have it, there was none of the dreaded traffic on 59 ... I rolled in, parked free at the Winn-Dixie, took the next-to-last seat on the waiting free shuttle, hopped off, had a glass of free Margaritaville tea and waited to have my ticket scanned. Waiting on the gates to open I enjoyed a free glass of water and overheard the end of sound check: Jesse and Jimmy singing Biloxi. That's when I knew I was running for the front. When he yelled out "let 'em in", I just sprinted, flip flops and all, as fast as I could. I ended up on the front row, leaning on the barricade, shaded by the stage and eventually straight across from Mac. It was my 24th show, first time on the beach, first time front row and best show ever! There is just something unexplainable about being so close that you can actually make eye contact, you get that silly gesture or finger pointed at you, you see the energy and emotion Jimmy and the band put into each song ... not to mention having Charleston blow me kisses (WOW) just an awesome experience!!

As far as the line-up goes, I do love our GA boys ZBB, but I think Jesse Winchester and Allen Toussaint and the bonus of Will Kimbrough equaled perfection. If they do release the full concert DVD, I'm the girl in the baseball cap trying not to cry during Biloxi ... it was the moment of the night for me!

Plus I was able to share my other tickets and help friends check the "Buffett Beach Concert" off their bucket list too.

I got a few t-shirt request texts from friends who saw me on CMT but, as you know, they were long gone by the end of show. The good people of Gulf Shores finally let me spend some money on souvenirs and I just floated as I walked the mile or two back to my car, turned onto 59 into light traffic, filled my gas tank, and made my way safely home. Even got a couple of hours' sleep. Just PERFECT!!

So thanks SGH for advice you didn't know you were giving, and thanks Crazy Navy Flyer for confirming my directions en route.

Fins still waaay up,
Robin :)
"Humor is an essential part of our existence" -JB

Summerlover
Fruitcake
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover »

LivingOutMy2ndChance wrote:As some of you have said, I think this was the best I've ever seen Bubba. I've only been to 24 concerts, but spread over 20 years, I think I've got a pretty good frame of reference.

Many distractions nearly kept me from making the trip ... my daughter's birthday party didn't end until Saturday evening, which necessitated a Sunday morning departure time. I had to be in a meeting Monday morning at 8:30 ... and I live in northeast Georgia. So I knew I'd be driving over, finding a place to park, getting to the beach as quickly as I could, and then hitting the road as soon as possible afterwards for the all-night drive home. I even packed a suit in case I had to drive straight to my office. I almost didn't go, but my husband, who was headed to a different coast, kept saying, "why not ... it's Jimmy Buffett on the beach ... HIS beach ... just go." So I did.

And I kept remembereing what SchoolGirlHeart said about being front and center at the Anguilla concert ...
It was a general admission show... the VIP's were up in the balcony... front row center required pure sweat equity.... many hours standing in the sun....
As fate would have it, there was none of the dreaded traffic on 59 ... I rolled in, parked free at the Winn-Dixie, took the next-to-last seat on the waiting free shuttle, hopped off, had a glass of free Margaritaville tea and waited to have my ticket scanned. Waiting on the gates to open I enjoyed a free glass of water and overheard the end of sound check: Jesse and Jimmy singing Biloxi. That's when I knew I was running for the front. When he yelled out "let 'em in", I just sprinted, flip flops and all, as fast as I could. I ended up on the front row, leaning on the barricade, shaded by the stage and eventually straight across from Mac. It was my 24th show, first time on the beach, first time front row and best show ever! There is just something unexplainable about being so close that you can actually make eye contact, you get that silly gesture or finger pointed at you, you see the energy and emotion Jimmy and the band put into each song ... not to mention having Charleston blow me kisses (WOW) just an awesome experience!!

As far as the line-up goes, I do love our GA boys ZBB, but I think Jesse Winchester and Allen Toussaint and the bonus of Will Kimbrough equaled perfection. If they do release the full concert DVD, I'm the girl in the baseball cap trying not to cry during Biloxi ... it was the moment of the night for me!

Plus I was able to share my other tickets and help friends check the "Buffett Beach Concert" off their bucket list too.

I got a few t-shirt request texts from friends who saw me on CMT but, as you know, they were long gone by the end of show. The good people of Gulf Shores finally let me spend some money on souvenirs and I just floated as I walked the mile or two back to my car, turned onto 59 into light traffic, filled my gas tank, and made my way safely home. Even got a couple of hours' sleep. Just PERFECT!!

So thanks SGH for advice you didn't know you were giving, and thanks Crazy Navy Flyer for confirming my directions en route.

Fins still waaay up,
Great story Robin. I had seen a you tube picture collection of the concert and in it was a pic of everyone running for the stage. Made me smile. The determination to be up front does the soul at these kind of shows. That was us in St Barts. We were there way early and had to park ourselves right by the stage for the day. It was so awesome for us to be that close and see expressions of the band etc.

I have always loved Biloxi and would have loved to see JB and Alan singing that together. I imagine I would have had a few tears during that song too. I thought the show was great.

So glad you decided to join the masses and get to mark one off your bucket list. Congrats!!

I have really enjoyed ALL the stories everyone has shared. Glad you all had a great time. FINS UP

It was my first look baby that's all it took

sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: one particular harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: mojito

Post by sunseeker »

RinglingRingling wrote:
sunseeker wrote:
lati2d wrote:I wasn't there but I was never more proud to be a Parrothead.
Unfortunately I was there and I was not proud to be a parrothead. I was proud of Jimmy for keeping politics out of the show. I was proud of my BN friends old and new. Don't get me wrong - the weekend was fun and the show itself was magical. The best show I have ever been to. I hugged Renee and cried as he sang "When the Coast is Clear". It truly was a very special moment. But after the show...when the light came up - I was sick to my stomach. The beach was trashed. I don't mean to beat a dead horse...but my memory is now tainted by the vision of all of those empty beer cups and water bottles ALL OVER THE BEACH! It sickened me that THIS would be the last memory that many would have of "parrotheads". I know- I know- we see it in parking lots all the time. But this was different. Very different. This was the beach...the very beach that we are fighting to save. I picked up what I could and yelled for others to do the same. Some young girl snarked, "they have machines to do that" and a older man said "well they are paying people who need jobs to do this". Yea.....THAT makes a difference...

And just like every other concert you've been to, you think the entire audience "gets it"? I gotta believe that the ones who do were the ones who filled up the trash cans and the dumpsters; the ones who didn't are just like the 20k out 30k at Alpine who are there because they feel the need to spend the day drinking to the point of stupidity "because it's Buffet, an' he does that drinking song"; on comp tickets or tickets they paid some scalper an arm and a leg for because "it's THE event to be seen at" and brag to the folks at work on Monday so they think they have cool points.

If you want to be annoyed, saddened, disgusted, etc., be annoyed and the like at the folks who just showed up to use the occasion of a major event as an excuse to get pants-$hi..ing, bladder-emptying-inside-the-pants drunk on the beach. It wasn't parrotheads making that mess.
I'm afraid it WAS most everyone that made the mess, I was there you were not. I know our little group picked up our stuff as I'm sure a few others did too. But people keep saying there were "35,000 Parrotheads". I say there more like a few 100 of us and the rest were non parrotheads judging by the mess left behind.
gingerbreadman wrote:

Different tailgate/party? Maybe, maybe not. I don't think Jimmy did this JUST to save that one particular beach. Instead, he did this to show everyone that the beaches on the entire Gulf are safe and not overflowing with oil, and that people should still come and spend their money at restaurants and hotels and wherever they can. It was all about stimulating the local economy.

And yes, I think it made a difference, though maybe a small one, that somebody paid people to cleanup after all those nasty "parrotheads" left, since again, that had to be helping the local economy, not hurting it.
And I get just as disgusted at the other shows too. This was just ironic.... I also never said the show didn't make a difference. Because heres the thing - I WILL go back to GS because of the people of LA. They were strong , feisty, sweet, funny awesome people.

It WAS also about the ocean and the beach. That should be apparent from his "one love- one ocean shirt, his changing the lyrics of "When the Coast is Clear" and his shouting of "Save our Gulf"

FYI - I never said parrotheads were nasty....just that I was disheartened that day to BE a parrothead.
There's this one particular harbor.....

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

sunseeker wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
sunseeker wrote:
Unfortunately I was there and I was not proud to be a parrothead. I was proud of Jimmy for keeping politics out of the show. I was proud of my BN friends old and new. Don't get me wrong - the weekend was fun and the show itself was magical. The best show I have ever been to. I hugged Renee and cried as he sang "When the Coast is Clear". It truly was a very special moment. But after the show...when the light came up - I was sick to my stomach. The beach was trashed. I don't mean to beat a dead horse...but my memory is now tainted by the vision of all of those empty beer cups and water bottles ALL OVER THE BEACH! It sickened me that THIS would be the last memory that many would have of "parrotheads". I know- I know- we see it in parking lots all the time. But this was different. Very different. This was the beach...the very beach that we are fighting to save. I picked up what I could and yelled for others to do the same. Some young girl snarked, "they have machines to do that" and a older man said "well they are paying people who need jobs to do this". Yea.....THAT makes a difference...

And just like every other concert you've been to, you think the entire audience "gets it"? I gotta believe that the ones who do were the ones who filled up the trash cans and the dumpsters; the ones who didn't are just like the 20k out 30k at Alpine who are there because they feel the need to spend the day drinking to the point of stupidity "because it's Buffet, an' he does that drinking song"; on comp tickets or tickets they paid some scalper an arm and a leg for because "it's THE event to be seen at" and brag to the folks at work on Monday so they think they have cool points.

If you want to be annoyed, saddened, disgusted, etc., be annoyed and the like at the folks who just showed up to use the occasion of a major event as an excuse to get pants-$hi..ing, bladder-emptying-inside-the-pants drunk on the beach. It wasn't parrotheads making that mess.
I'm afraid it WAS most everyone that made the mess, I was there you were not. I know our little group picked up our stuff as I'm sure a few others did too. But people keep saying there were "35,000 Parrotheads". I say there more like a few 100 of us and the rest were non parrotheads judging by the mess left behind.

FYI - I never said parrotheads were nasty....just that I was disheartened that day to BE a parrothead.[/color]
a) the few hundred that cleaned up, are the ones that "get it", the rest are the one I described.
b) never said you cast aspersions on the ones that "get it", just that you should place the responsibility for the mess where it belongs. If you did what you were supposed to do (clean up after yourself), then you don't bear any responsibility for the mess.
c) pity the poor dumb weasels like the girl in the zebra-print dress, or the drunk guy fouling himself in public. They've reached their evolutionary acme on the emotional and maturity scales. While that won't be as detrimental as evolving with no depth perception in a room full of razor blades, it's sad none-the-less. And make no mistake, they (and the folks like them) are not parrotheads.

sunseeker

Post by sunseeker »

RinglingRingling wrote:
sunseeker wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
sunseeker wrote:

FYI - I never said parrotheads were nasty....just that I was disheartened that day to BE a parrothead.[/color]
a) the few hundred that cleaned up, are the ones that "get it", the rest are the one I described.
b) never said you cast aspersions on the ones that "get it", just that you should place the responsibility for the mess where it belongs. If you did what you were supposed to do (clean up after yourself), then you don't bear any responsibility for the mess.
c) pity the poor dumb weasels like the girl in the zebra-print dress, or the drunk guy fouling himself in public. They've reached their evolutionary acme on the emotional and maturity scales. While that won't be as detrimental as evolving with no depth perception in a room full of razor blades, it's sad none-the-less. And make no mistake, they (and the folks like them) are not parrotheads.
Why are you even debating this with me? This doesn't even make sense that you would argue a point that you NEVER witnessed. And in theory we are saying the same thing. MANY do not "get it" BUT they claim to be parrotheads and unfortunately that is what the world sees....

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

sunseeker wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
sunseeker wrote: I'm afraid it WAS most everyone that made the mess, I was there you were not. I know our little group picked up our stuff as I'm sure a few others did too. But people keep saying there were "35,000 Parrotheads". I say there more like a few 100 of us and the rest were non parrotheads judging by the mess left behind.

Why are you even debating this with me? This doesn't even make sense that you would argue a point that you NEVER witnessed. And in theory we are saying the same thing. MANY do not "get it" BUT they claim to be parrotheads and unfortunately that is what the world sees....
Shannon, your statement about being disheartened by being a parrothead after watching behaviour by those who are clearly not is what is got my attention. I may not have been to as many concerts as you have, but oddly enough, I am willing to bet the behaviour of 10% who "get it" vs. the 90% who are "there for the party" holds true every time. You want to be saddened by the sheer stupidity of the 90%, welcome to my world most days. You want to be disgusted, again.. wtmw. But calling those asshats "parrotheads" is a bit of an insult to people who actually do "get it". And before you go with the "they claim to be..." line, you could claim to be 6' tall, I could claim to be good looking, etc.; it doesn't make it reality.

sunseeker

Post by sunseeker »

Back to the Good VIbes of the show....

caphmobile
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Jet Ski Killer

Post by caphmobile »

sunseeker wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
sunseeker wrote:

gingerbreadman wrote:

And I get just as disgusted at the other shows too. This was just ironic.... I also never said the show didn't make a difference. Because heres the thing - I WILL go back to GS because of the people of LA. They were strong , feisty, sweet, funny awesome people.

It WAS also about the ocean and the beach. That should be apparent from his "one love- one ocean shirt, his changing the lyrics of "When the Coast is Clear" and his shouting of "Save our Gulf"

FYI - I never said parrotheads were nasty....just that I was disheartened that day to BE a parrothead.
I know for sure that there was 200 of us...that's how many wristbands I gave out.
Did think about bringing trash bags with me and wish I had. I had a bunch of drunkin high schoolers in front of me and a crew of STUPID people on the left. They all were not happy with me when I started telling them to pickup their trash. It was so sad cause this is also my beach. Me and the drunkin high schoolers did not get along at all and when everyone else saw & heard what was going on they started in on them about all the beer cups...they still left all that trash [smilie=hate.gif]

There were 200 plus "True Parrot Heads" at this concert and we all wished that folks would do their part.

At my age I've given up the tailgating at all concerts. I only get there in time to walk through to see everyone. In the past while tailgating I'm known as the trash bag lady..I start passing out bags around us and asking folks to please pickup before heading into the concert. Some do and some don't...when I come out from the concert and see what's around I take care of their trash...throwing it in the back of their trucks or piling it up against the doors of their car with trash bags laying there.

We are the only folks that know how to make our world a better place to live.

Charlotte
(MotherHen)

sunseeker

Post by sunseeker »

caphmobile wrote:
sunseeker wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
sunseeker wrote:

gingerbreadman wrote:

I know for sure that there was 200 of us...that's how many wristbands I gave out.
Did think about bringing trash bags with me and wish I had. I had a bunch of drunkin high schoolers in front of me and a crew of STUPID people on the left. They all were not happy with me when I started telling them to pickup their trash. It was so sad cause this is also my beach. Me and the drunkin high schoolers did not get along at all and when everyone else saw & heard what was going on they started in on them about all the beer cups...they still left all that trash [smilie=hate.gif]

There were 200 plus "True Parrot Heads" at this concert and we all wished that folks would do their part.

At my age I've given up the tailgating at all concerts. I only get there in time to walk through to see everyone. In the past while tailgating I'm known as the trash bag lady..I start passing out bags around us and asking folks to please pickup before heading into the concert. Some do and some don't...when I come out from the concert and see what's around I take care of their trash...throwing it in the back of their trucks or piling it up against the doors of their car with trash bags laying there.

We are the only folks that know how to make our world a better place to live.

Charlotte
(MotherHen)
And again Thank YOU Charlotte for making it such a cool experience for those of us here at BN. It was AWESOME to be with my friends in such a cool setting. Actually- I asked some of the clean up crew if I could have a bag to pick up trash - but they just smiled and said "that's my job".

I love you idea of being the trash bag lady - I think I'll start that tradition at the shows I go to as well!!

Again, I don't mean to be such a debbie downer....I was just sad after such a magical weekend with friends....BUT as long as the people of LA welcome us back then all is right with the world! :D

wanderingtoes
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by wanderingtoes »

On that very hot summer day, you literally could see the passion and love of our leader in everything he did. From the moment he stepped on to the stage he was into where he was, the cause, his fans, and all things Coastal. It showed in his performance, he was very good and nothing can ever change "When The Coast Is Clear", if you looked around and saw the expressions of faces with wet eyes, that is what I will always take away. 35,000 are going to make trash, and there were not a lot of options for clean-up. The clean up will happen and the Beach will be as good again as it was that day. Who gets it and who does not is always a debate, but don't let any of this take away from a moment that all PH's could take Heart in the fact, we were represented by our Leader very well on a National basis, and shared what will probably be the highlight of his career. We were all witnesses to a rare moment of goodness, let that be enough.
"I've got a School Boy Heart"

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

sunseeker wrote:
Unfortunately I was there and I was not proud to be a parrothead. I was proud of Jimmy for keeping politics out of the show. I was proud of my BN friends old and new.

Again, I don't mean to be such a debbie downer....I was just sad after such a magical weekend with friends....BUT as long as the people of LA welcome us back then all is right with the world! :D
People of LA ???
Explain.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

Dr.Corona wrote:
sunseeker wrote:
Unfortunately I was there and I was not proud to be a parrothead. I was proud of Jimmy for keeping politics out of the show. I was proud of my BN friends old and new.

People of LA ???
Explain.
Lower Alabama
ImageImage

Anne Bonny
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build / Everybody's Talking At Me
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Coke

Post by Anne Bonny »

I saw bunches of people hauling their trash to the cans. But there were probably just as many leaving theirs too. And blankets. And towels. And in some cases, sweaty clothes.

And I can vouch for most people having clean drawers as they stepped over my head while I was laying on my blanket before the music started. :lol:

New concert rule ~ Bring a baggie to put over your drink cup to keep the sand and toe jam out. (Luckily I had one in my bag this trip.)

me and my friend Candy sweating with the gang

Anybody recognize themselves? We were on the Gulf side of the sound tent

1moonpie
Favorite Buffett Song: Stars Fell On Alabama
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by 1moonpie »

I loved it.
I saw Jimmy Buffett @ Ladd Stadium in Mobile, AL maybe 20 years ago.
Went to see him @ Texas Stadium with Alan Jackson & George Strait.
In Chicago at Wrigley field.
At the Jazz Fest in New Orleans.

I have never been prouder to be anywhere than on that beach at Gulf Shores... where a middle aged woman has a lifetime of memories. To share it with my grandson and friends, old and new.

Thank YOU Mr. Buffett for what you did for this coast.. our hometown.

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

LivingOutMy2ndChance wrote:As some of you have said, I think this was the best I've ever seen Bubba. I've only been to 24 concerts, but spread over 20 years, I think I've got a pretty good frame of reference.

Fins still waaay up,
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]

This just flat out MAKES MY DAY!!!!!!!! :D :cry: :D :cry: :D :D :D
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

caphmobile-I just this second phigured out "who" you are on the Club Leasders' Board. You are inDEED a good egg! :D

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.