Last posts from "Jim Buffett"

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Re: Last posts from "Jim Buffett"

Post by FunkHouse9 »

jbfinscj wrote:
SeattleParrotHead wrote:No intent to put anyone down....
I thought, since I was talking to a make believe chimp, people would catch the irony in my voice.
I guess not.
GET OUT!!!!! Bonzo is my friend, he sends us a Christmas banana every year. How dare you question that damn dirty apes existence.
Yeah, and Bonzo texts me a picture of his banana every Saturday night. :roll:
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

SeattleParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

FunkHouse9 wrote:Yeah, and Bonzo texts me a picture of his banana every Saturday night. :roll:
Now I'm really worried.... are you sure that's Bonzo's banana? You do know who his alter-ego is, right?
ImageImage

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." ~ Oscar Wilde
SPH

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

SeattleParrotHead wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:Yeah, and Bonzo texts me a picture of his banana every Saturday night. :roll:
Now I'm really worried.... are you sure that's Bonzo's banana? You do know who his alter-ego is, right?
His name is "bits," I assure you there's nothing to see
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
captainalex wrote:
SeattleParrotHead wrote:I agree with you, Bonzo....
Can you believe these people think they're actually talking to Jimmy? :roll:
It's good harmless fun.
Speaking for myself, I never said I thought I was actually talking to Jimmy or more specifically that "Jim Buffett" is "the" Jim Buffett. Having said that, much like the children who send their letters to Cinderella and some intern signs a photo and sends it back and the child shows it proudly to their friends, there is no reason to put down people who might just have the hope that maybe it really is him. When I go to the mall in December, the man in the big chair is Santa Claus. I call him Santa. I say "Thank you Santa." That doesn't mean I believe he is Santa just like I don't necessarily believe that it really is Jimmy Buffett. When a person goes to confession, they are talking to a priest with faith that someone else is listening to what they have to say. If people wish to come here and say "thank you" or throw out a request or have something personally meaningful to say in the off chance Jimmy might see or hear about it somehow, what's wrong with that?

I guess nobody, not Jimmy nor anyone in his camp, would ever actually bother with anything that goes on here. Why would they? I suppose that is really pathetic to think that could happen. Nevermind that we know that at least one of the Reefers posts on here occasionally, as recently as this morning.

Oh..... and there's one other reason to maybe just have one iota of faith....

Yes Virginia, there is a Jimmy Buffett...
I would have loved to have been there, if only to see the expression on your face.  I'm sure it was PRICELESS!!!
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:
captainalex wrote:
It's good harmless fun.
Speaking for myself, I never said I thought I was actually talking to Jimmy or more specifically that "Jim Buffett" is "the" Jim Buffett. Having said that, much like the children who send their letters to Cinderella and some intern signs a photo and sends it back and the child shows it proudly to their friends, there is no reason to put down people who might just have the hope that maybe it really is him. When I go to the mall in December, the man in the big chair is Santa Claus. I call him Santa. I say "Thank you Santa." That doesn't mean I believe he is Santa just like I don't necessarily believe that it really is Jimmy Buffett. When a person goes to confession, they are talking to a priest with faith that someone else is listening to what they have to say. If people wish to come here and say "thank you" or throw out a request or have something personally meaningful to say in the off chance Jimmy might see or hear about it somehow, what's wrong with that?

I guess nobody, not Jimmy nor anyone in his camp, would ever actually bother with anything that goes on here. Why would they? I suppose that is really pathetic to think that could happen. Nevermind that we know that at least one of the Reefers posts on here occasionally, as recently as this morning.

I would have loved to have been there, if only to see the expression on your face.  I'm sure it was PRICELESS!!!
-"BB"-
I had been sent a pretty clear indication online about 5pm that day that it was going to happen. Then a photo of the setlist had leaked to BN around showtime and made it around to several BN'ers in the crowd. Fortunately, I don't have a smartphone, so I wasn't online to see any of it and nobody texted or called to spill the beans, so I was completely surprised when it happened. My buddy had left to go to the bathroom at the encore break and never found his way back. I was in the middle of the lawn all alone. It was pretty blurry because I got kind of teary eyed. How I felt in that moment is so hard to explain. I was overwhelmed. I wish all of the BN people there could have been in one spot to sing along and enjoy the moment together.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

alphabits
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by alphabits »

jbfinscj wrote:
SeattleParrotHead wrote:
Morbid curiosity compels me to ask how you acquired this knowledge.
And BTW, the name should be in UPPER CASE.

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead

Post by jbfinscj »

alphabits wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:
SeattleParrotHead wrote:
Morbid curiosity compels me to ask how you acquired this knowledge.
And BTW, the name should be in UPPER CASE.
HI BITS!!!!!!!!

By using the the never fail method of research known as assumption.

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:
captainalex wrote:
It's good harmless fun.

-"BB"-
I had been sent a pretty clear indication online about 5pm that day that it was going to happen. Then a photo of the setlist had leaked to BN around showtime and made it around to several BN'ers in the crowd. Fortunately, I don't have a smartphone, so I wasn't online to see any of it and nobody texted or called to spill the beans, so I was completely surprised when it happened. My buddy had left to go to the bathroom at the encore break and never found his way back. I was in the middle of the lawn all alone. It was pretty blurry because I got kind of teary eyed. How I felt in that moment is so hard to explain. I was overwhelmed. I wish all of the BN people there could have been in one spot to sing along and enjoy the moment together.
Many of us were together, on the setlist, singing along and thinking of you!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:
captainalex wrote:
It's good harmless fun.

-"BB"-
I love to go back and re-read the thread from that night. Gives me a warm feeling inside. Could certainly feel the love going around that night.

Bonzo
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Wind
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Banana Daiquiri

Post by Bonzo »

Oh for the love of Mighty Joe Young, let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
"Essentially, a parrot is a monkey with wings." - Joseph Garner

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote: I had been sent a pretty clear indication online about 5pm that day that it was going to happen. Then a photo of the setlist had leaked to BN around showtime and made it around to several BN'ers in the crowd. Fortunately, I don't have a smartphone, so I wasn't online to see any of it and nobody texted or called to spill the beans, so I was completely surprised when it happened. My buddy had left to go to the bathroom at the encore break and never found his way back. I was in the middle of the lawn all alone. It was pretty blurry because I got kind of teary eyed. How I felt in that moment is so hard to explain. I was overwhelmed. I wish all of the BN people there could have been in one spot to sing along and enjoy the moment together.
I love to go back and re-read the thread from that night. Gives me a warm feeling inside. Could certainly feel the love going around that night.[/quote]

Jeff, did you think he played it randomly or did you you hear the comment about the petition?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester

Post by jbfinscj »

lime rickie wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote: I had been sent a pretty clear indication online about 5pm that day that it was going to happen. Then a photo of the setlist had leaked to BN around showtime and made it around to several BN'ers in the crowd. Fortunately, I don't have a smartphone, so I wasn't online to see any of it and nobody texted or called to spill the beans, so I was completely surprised when it happened. My buddy had left to go to the bathroom at the encore break and never found his way back. I was in the middle of the lawn all alone. It was pretty blurry because I got kind of teary eyed. How I felt in that moment is so hard to explain. I was overwhelmed. I wish all of the BN people there could have been in one spot to sing along and enjoy the moment together.
I love to go back and re-read the thread from that night. Gives me a warm feeling inside. Could certainly feel the love going around that night.
Jeff, did you think he played it randomly or did you you hear the comment about the petition?[/quote]

It was so cool being there live that night!

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

lime rickie wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:
Jeff, did you think he played it randomly or did you you hear the comment about the petition?[/quote]
I heard him say it. Then I researched how to donate a monkey for lab testing purposes.

Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

That ain't funny. :evil: :evil:

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Bonzo wrote:That ain't funny. :evil: :evil:
So I suppose the question is — are you a chimp, a monkey, or an orang-utang or other anthropoid ape?
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

palmettopirate
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

Meester Toofay, I like so much to hear from you seence you on here. Good meemories weeth you. Much fun long ago.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
So I suppose the question is — are you a chimp, a monkey, or an orang-utang or other anthropoid ape?
-"BB"-
Or perhaps Bonzo is Jimmy Buffett..... :o

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester

Post by jbfinscj »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
Who?

Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
Pan troglodytes

alphabits
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by alphabits »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
It's a possibility. To my knowledge they've never been seen in the same room together.