New....old RM problem...anyone else?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Jmacboi
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: I Heard I Was In Town
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum & Flavored Vitamin Water

Re: New....old RM problem...anyone else?

Post by Jmacboi »

Still not working here either.... Tried over and over and over and nothing.... :( No RM to listen to... :cry:
Looking For That One Particular Harbor

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Jmacboi wrote:Still not working here either.... Tried over and over and over and nothing.... :( No RM to listen to... :cry:
RM has been very sporadic...I stopped bothering. Heading to NSR or BFR far more often.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I'm not a Sirius/XM subscriber and I rarely listen to RM but I just checked and it's playing fine through iTunes.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by aeroparrot »

For me it would depend on the browser and what type of wifi I use. When I go visit the folks, I sometimes take Amtrak down and Amtrak sometimes blocks streaming sites since it takes a lot of bandwith.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Liam1694u
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: straight rum or straight whiskey

Post by Liam1694u »

I have been having a similar problem. I like to listen on my Phone using TuneIn PRO at work over the air (4G cell network). I don't have wifi access at work and I have an unlimited data plan. 2 weeks ago it stopped making the connection using TuneIn over the air. However, it DOES connect to radio margaritaville when I connect via Wi-Fi on my phone.

I don't have this problem with other stations. Only RM. So in summary the problem with my phone is:

*TuneIn Pro (4G cell) - no connection
*TuneIn Pro (wifi) - it works fine.
"I live on this big round ball,
I never do dream I may fall,
but even one day if I do,
Well I'll jump off and smile back at you"

SoILPrtHed
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Nobody From Nowhere & Nothin But A Breeze
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SoILPrtHed »

The latest on my RM dilemma......still the same. I have contacted RM....they have contacted their techies and supposedly (and according to some on here) the stream is working fine. I still cannot connect to RM (thru WMP or Flash) on any of my computers (wired or wifi) on Margaritaville.com. I also still cannot connect to RM on TuneIn.com. I can connect to both with my phone (4G connection), but cannot if I am using a wifi connection on my phone. Thought it was HOME problem, but my wife cannot connect from work about 5 minutes away and I have not been able to at work (35 miles away), hers is through a wifi connection and mine is through a wired connection (live and work in Southern Illinois). Not sure if anyone else has had contact with RM, Sirius or their local ISP. In doing so with mine (ISP), keep getting told that the connection is leaving the ISP network and then is being blocked or timing out. RM is telling me that the signal is going out everywhere. If anyone has any ideas, fixes or been given a solution....please, please....pass it on (of course, other than not listen to RM on my computer..Haha!).
The reason I always want to come home- Paradise Cove! Image

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter »

SoILPrtHed wrote:The latest on my RM dilemma......still the same. I have contacted RM....they have contacted their techies and supposedly (and according to some on here) the stream is working fine. I still cannot connect to RM (thru WMP or Flash) on any of my computers (wired or wifi) on Margaritaville.com. I also still cannot connect to RM on TuneIn.com. I can connect to both with my phone (4G connection), but cannot if I am using a wifi connection on my phone. Thought it was HOME problem, but my wife cannot connect from work about 5 minutes away and I have not been able to at work (35 miles away), hers is through a wifi connection and mine is through a wired connection (live and work in Southern Illinois). Not sure if anyone else has had contact with RM, Sirius or their local ISP. In doing so with mine (ISP), keep getting told that the connection is leaving the ISP network and then is being blocked or timing out. RM is telling me that the signal is going out everywhere. If anyone has any ideas, fixes or been given a solution....please, please....pass it on (of course, other than not listen to RM on my computer..Haha!).
Have you checked the firewall you are using sounds like a port or ports are closed somewhere

Summerlover
Fruitcake
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover »

SoILPrtHed wrote:The latest on my RM dilemma......still the same. I have contacted RM....they have contacted their techies and supposedly (and according to some on here) the stream is working fine. I still cannot connect to RM (thru WMP or Flash) on any of my computers (wired or wifi) on Margaritaville.com. I also still cannot connect to RM on TuneIn.com. I can connect to both with my phone (4G connection), but cannot if I am using a wifi connection on my phone. Thought it was HOME problem, but my wife cannot connect from work about 5 minutes away and I have not been able to at work (35 miles away), hers is through a wifi connection and mine is through a wired connection (live and work in Southern Illinois). Not sure if anyone else has had contact with RM, Sirius or their local ISP. In doing so with mine (ISP), keep getting told that the connection is leaving the ISP network and then is being blocked or timing out. RM is telling me that the signal is going out everywhere. If anyone has any ideas, fixes or been given a solution....please, please....pass it on (of course, other than not listen to RM on my computer..Haha!).
Living in central Illinois and can't get any streaming here either.

Weird thing of it is it won't stream on Safari, iTunes or TuneIn radio. TuneIn/using my Android and not over Wifi?? Why won't this work?!?!

Seems to me to be a central state issue.

It was my first look baby that's all it took

SoILPrtHed
I have found me a home

Post by SoILPrtHed »

Summerlover wrote:

Weird thing of it is it won't stream on Safari, iTunes or TuneIn radio. TuneIn/using my Android and not over Wifi?? Why won't this work?!?!

I really don't understand it. If it was just here at my house...I would say well...I screwed something up with the install of the new modem, but considering my wife cannot get it at her work and I cannot get it at mine (even farther away)....something is up that no one is either wanting to tell me or knows how to fix.

Summerlover
Fruitcake

Post by Summerlover »

SoILPrtHed wrote:
Summerlover wrote:

I really don't understand it. If it was just here at my house...I would say well...I screwed something up with the install of the new modem, but considering my wife cannot get it at her work and I cannot get it at mine (even farther away)....something is up that no one is either wanting to tell me or knows how to fix.
I e-mailed TuneIn Radio this morning. I had e-mailed RM but never heard back. :cry:

Summerlover
Fruitcake

Post by Summerlover »

Update today, there is another option on how to listen on RM "HTML5" but it doesn't work. The new window just say's loading and then never loads.

Am I crazy, I don't think it was ever there before?!? Maybe they are still working on getting stream up and running. Hope so....

Merry Christmas to everyone.

SoILPrtHed
I have found me a home

Post by SoILPrtHed »

Summerlover wrote:Update today, there is another option on how to listen on RM "HTML5" but it doesn't work. The new window just say's loading and then never loads.

Am I crazy, I don't think it was ever there before?!? Maybe they are still working on getting stream up and running. Hope so....

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Received email from TuneIn.com today and they said "I've confirmed that this station's internet stream is currently unreliable for everyone. We will try and find a new stream. You are also welcome to contact the broadcaster directly, try it again later or search for a different station. We apologize for the inconvenience." Looks at though we weren't all going insane after all!!!

Summerlover
Fruitcake

Post by Summerlover »

Got my e-mail from Tunein yesterday, here it is

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. I’ve confirmed that this station's internet stream is currently unreliable for everyone. We will try and find a new stream. You are also welcome to contact the broadcaster directly, try it again later, or search for a different station. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for using TuneIn.

Sincerely,

Daniel Beck
TuneIn

NoShoesRadio has been getting a lot of air time. Need to check out the other Trop/Rock stations I guess.

SoILPrtHed, I won't give up!!!

Any other Apple users using this "HTML5" to stream from RM?

Jmacboi
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: I Heard I Was In Town
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum & Flavored Vitamin Water

Post by Jmacboi »

I sent a contact email to RM today, just to see if I get any response... I'm thinking there's something happening with Sirius that is having an affect on the free streaming... Something's up, because it's been too long for Techs not to fix the problem... :roll:
Looking For That One Particular Harbor

Summerlover
Fruitcake

Post by Summerlover »

Jmacboi wrote:I sent a contact email to RM today, just to see if I get any response... I'm thinking there's something happening with Sirius that is having an affect on the free streaming... Something's up, because it's been too long for Techs not to fix the problem... :roll:

I sent an e-mail a bit back but will send another one too. I do enjoy the other stations. RM better watch it, I just might make a permanent switch!!! LOL

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter »

Radio Margaritaville as officially dropped the Windows Media Player stream and replaced it with an HTML 5 stream that works with the latest web browsers. The WMP stream had become very problematic due to compatibility issues with both newer browsers and the newest version of Windows Media Player (versions 11 & 12)

Again if you have Ad blocking or Pop Up blocking software running on you PC you need to make sure that it is not blocking RM in order to connect to the streams

Tune In requires that you have Apple QuickTime installed on your PC in order to listen to the streams through it's site

Summerlover
Fruitcake

Post by Summerlover »

urlcenter wrote:Radio Margaritaville as officially dropped the Windows Media Player stream and replaced it with an HTML 5 stream that works with the latest web browsers. The WMP stream had become very problematic due to compatibility issues with both newer browsers and the newest version of Windows Media Player (versions 11 & 12)

Again if you have Ad blocking or Pop Up blocking software running on you PC you need to make sure that it is not blocking RM in order to connect to the streams

Tune In requires that you have Apple QuickTime installed on your PC in order to listen to the streams through it's site
No PC here, Mac and despite every effort to figure this out.....nothing works.

TuneIn doesn't work here on my Mac or Android

RM on Itunes...nothing.

Has to be an area type problem since most of us are from the central states. UGH, but thanks for trying to suggest some options to try!

urlcenter
Hoot!

Post by urlcenter »

Summerlover wrote:
urlcenter wrote:Radio Margaritaville as officially dropped the Windows Media Player stream and replaced it with an HTML 5 stream that works with the latest web browsers. The WMP stream had become very problematic due to compatibility issues with both newer browsers and the newest version of Windows Media Player (versions 11 & 12)

RM on Itunes...nothing.

Has to be an area type problem since most of us are from the central states. UGH, but thanks for trying to suggest some options to try!
Have you updated Apple QuickTime to the latest version for the MAC? That might help with Tune In at least.

Also trying turning off whatever firewall you have running on the MAC and then connecting to RM, RM does not like some firewall software

Summerlover
Fruitcake

Post by Summerlover »

urlcenter wrote:
Summerlover wrote:

RM on Itunes...nothing.

Has to be an area type problem since most of us are from the central states. UGH, but thanks for trying to suggest some options to try![/quote

Have you updated Apple QuickTime to the latest version for the MAC? That might help with Tune In at least.

Also trying turning off whatever firewall you have running on the MAC and then connecting to RM, RM does not like some firewall software
Yes and nothing.............

ebourlet
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate looks at 40

Post by ebourlet »

Not working since 1st of year for me on Tune In app or flash web site interface. Not surprised though now that I know it is being discussed in the open on this forum. XM probably got wind with all this chatter on the JB News forum that there was a way to get the station and not be an XM subscriber and had it shut down.