Page 1 of 2

Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 11:11 am
by FinsUp6835
Anyone go to this show?
Setlist?


Thanks.

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 11:35 am
by jbfinscj
I was wondering the same thing, I can't imagine it was anything out if the norm.

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 11:50 am
by Dr.Corona
Heard a rumor it became a Stumpo El Bando show.......but I guess we'll never know! :wink:

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 11:51 am
by jbfinscj
Dr.Corona wrote:Heard a rumor it became a Stumpo El Bando show.......but I guess we'll never know! :wink:
Ha ha....no doubt

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 12:01 pm
by FinsUp6835
Lol that would be epic

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 12:15 pm
by PeretHed66
We went. Short show, about 1:45. Basically a greatest hits show. Our guess, attendance over 50,000. Huge lawn. Sound surprisingly good. Will post the songs, but won't be in order, wasn't noting them during show. Going to be heading over to the sound check for the Mac show, so will post later.

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 2:11 pm
by Dr.Corona
PeretHed66 wrote:We went. Short show, about 1:45. Basically a greatest hits show. Our guess, attendance over 50,000. Huge lawn. Sound surprisingly good. Will post the songs, but won't be in order, wasn't noting them during show. Going to be heading over to the sound check for the Mac show, so will post
later.
:o :o :o :o

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 2:19 pm
by surfpirate
Dr.Corona wrote:
PeretHed66 wrote:We went. Short show, about 1:45. Basically a greatest hits show. Our guess, attendance over 50,000. Huge lawn. Sound surprisingly good. Will post the songs, but won't be in order, wasn't noting them during show. Going to be heading over to the sound check for the Mac show, so will post
later.
:o :o :o :o
Much of the crowd left at halftime when the score was
Mountaineers 42 Coral Reefers 3

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 6, 2014 5:52 pm
by Dr.Corona
surfpirate wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
PeretHed66 wrote:We went. Short show, about 1:45. Basically a greatest hits show. Our guess, attendance over 50,000. Huge lawn. Sound surprisingly good. Will post the songs, but won't be in order, wasn't noting them during show. Going to be heading over to the sound check for the Mac show, so will post
later.
:o :o :o :o
Much of the crowd left at halftime when the score was
Mountaineers 42 Coral Reefers 3

Place your bets............was or was not "Thank God I'm A Country Boy Played" ???????

BTW S.P.............WVU hasn't had a defense in years that could hold ANYBODY to 3 points in a half!

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 12:17 am
by PeretHed66
Had the opportunity to hang with Doyle after the Mac show in Covington; he thought the were about 40-50,000.

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 12:51 am
by kyhulagirl
Opened with Summer time blues, most Songs you know by heart, back where i come from, knee deep followed by my favorite cover of Free/into the mystic (exactly how ZBB does it), 2 hour show, only one encore ended with margaritaville. Heard crowd total was 50-60,000. I personally enjoyed the show.

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 7:44 am
by dnw
kyhulagirl wrote:Opened with Summer time blues, most Songs you know by heart, back where i come from, knee deep followed by my favorite cover of Free/into the mystic (exactly how ZBB does it), 2 hour show, only one encore ended with margaritaville. Heard crowd total was 50-60,000. I personally enjoyed the show.

That was a large crowd. :o

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 8:36 am
by gbrPH
The set list was similar to the Coyote Drive In set list but not exact.

The crowd was probably around 50,000. I live in Lewisburg and have been to a lot of the concerts held over the last 5 years. The crowd was similar to the crowds a couple years ago when the Black Eyed Peas performed and the Greenbrier Classic people said that crowd was between 50-60k.

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 2:48 pm
by pupnpony
how was Mac's show??

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 3:01 pm
by PeretHed66
It was outstanding, except for size of crowd, wish it had been a little larger. I posted some thoughts here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=93309

We just saw Mac in the Roanoke airport. Also had the opportunity to chat with Doyle over breakfast this morning. Fantastic. Western Virginia folks should catch the Michael Armstrong show in Roanoke at the Buffalo Wild Wings Tuesday night, Doyle is special guesting with him. Wish we could stay.

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 3:03 pm
by pupnpony
PeretHed66 wrote:It was outstanding, except for size of crowd, wish it had been a little larger. I posted some thoughts here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=93309

We just saw Mac in the Roanoke airport. Also had the opportunity to chat with Doyle over breakfast this morning. Fantastic. Western Virginia folks should catch the Michael Armstrong show in Roanoke at the Buffalo Wild Wings Tuesday night, Doyle is special guesting with him. Wish we could stay.
duh.... :oops: thanks!

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 3:10 pm
by PeretHed66
No "duh" necessary, I was just too lazy to retype. :)

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 3:33 pm
by FinsUp31520
We also were at the show at the Greenbrier, and though it was a little shorter than most (started at 9:30), thought they did an exceptional job of packing in as much as they could into a short time. Contrast that with Maroon 5 who had played the night before, and barely played for an hour, I'll take the JB show any day!

I posted my best guess at the setlist over in the setlist thread earlier this morning. PeretHed66, can you help me figure out where Boat Drinks fit in the list?! I remember it being played, but just not where!

No doubt the crowd was huge... Estimates we've heard put the crowd on-par or larger than the Black Eyed Peas show previously mentioned... Some even said 60-70k... I know the traffic out of the fair grounds would certainly support those numbers. We stayed put for over two hours before even trying to tackle the road out. We were lucky to get in early and get very close to the stage, and I managed to snap a few pics of the crowd during Fins... This is certainly only a fraction of what was there (one more to follow):

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 3:34 pm
by FinsUp31520
One More Crowd Shot:

Re: Greenbrier classic

Posted: July 7, 2014 5:05 pm
by LIPH
kyhulagirl wrote:Opened with Summer time blues, most Songs you know by heart, back where i come from, knee deep followed by my favorite cover of Free/into the mystic (exactly how ZBB does it), 2 hour show, only one encore ended with margaritaville. Heard crowd total was 50-60,000. I personally enjoyed the show.
Maybe it's just me, but a comment like this just makes no sense. It's one thing if a musician chooses to cover some other musician's song but at least try to put your own spin on it. To cover a song and do it "exactly how ZBB does it," I mean, what's the point? Go to a Zac Brown concert or buy a Zac Brown CD if you want to hear a Zac Brown song exactly how he does it.