Buffett and Chesney Tour

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

boardkicker1015
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks, Southern Cross, Last Mango in Paris, Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Long Island Ice Tea

Buffett and Chesney Tour

Post by boardkicker1015 »

I'm a big fan of both of these acts. I think it's time they could start to tour together. It seems like chesney and Buffett shows are not selling out as fast as they use to. I think this would be an epic show no opening acts needed. However the problem comes with who headlines...they could switch every night Or they could have one big combined band and play as a duo. I did see chesney guest with Jimmy in Nashville in 2011.

2muchcoffeeman
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: ¡Cuba Libre!

Re: Buffett and Chesney Tour

Post by 2muchcoffeeman »

As we speak, Chesney is selling out NFL stadiums in a big screaming hurry.

It'd be awesome, but there's no chance of it happening within the next 5 years.
I know I left that doggone dotsig around here somewhere ...

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

I could only see this working for one show and not a whole tour. For numerous reasons
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I'd love it ..... but, a lot of Buffett fans don't like stadium shows , so Chesney would have to headline.....also , that would be one expensive ticket.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

TommyBahama wrote:I'd love it ..... but, a lot of Buffett fans don't like stadium shows , so Chesney would have to headline.....also , that would be one expensive ticket.

I think out of pure respect Kenny would not headline. Nor do I think Jimmy would agree to be the "opening act"
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

doxadive
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry and Coke

Post by doxadive »

I enjoy a lot of kenny's music, but we already hear the same songs at a buffett concert, we dont need to hear them twice :P
if you cant laugh at yourself, laugh at someone else.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

doxadive wrote:I enjoy a lot of kenny's music, but we already hear the same songs at a buffett concert, we dont need to hear them twice :P

Do you mean the one song "back where I come from?" Which was actually written by Mac. Or did you mean zbb?

boardkicker1015
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks, Southern Cross, Last Mango in Paris, Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Long Island Ice Tea

Post by boardkicker1015 »

The Chicago show at Solider field drew 43 out of 48k. But a lot of other shows sold out. When I saw Buffett at foxboro stadium in 2007 he drew over 40k on the Labor Day eve show...I like the idea of having one big combined band...

palmettopirate
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

I can't even imagine what the scalpers would want for these tix.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

FinsUp6835 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:I'd love it ..... but, a lot of Buffett fans don't like stadium shows , so Chesney would have to headline.....also , that would be one expensive ticket.

I think out of pure respect Kenny would not headline. Nor do I think Jimmy would agree to be the "opening act"
when I saw Brooks and Dunn w/ Chesney at Gillette....They played a full set , and they are a headliner. I'm guessing Jason Alden will be doing a full set this year. Was Buffett the headliner at Hershey last year??? I can't remember.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

TommyBahama wrote:
FinsUp6835 wrote:

when I saw Brooks and Dunn w/ Chesney at Gillette....They played a full set , and they are a headliner. I'm guessing Jason Alden will be doing a full set this year. Was Buffett the headliner at Hershey last year??? I can't remember.
Yeah, he was. He played the Saturday night show and zbb played Sunday. I've been going to see KC ever year since 2004. Many of those were stadium shows. The last couple years (last year he didn't tour) he has been "co-headlining" with ZBB, Tim McGraw, Eric church and this year mostly with Jason Aldean. Years prior Chesney typically have up and coming stars a chance to open for him. Example. Sugarland. However, all of these are still considered a Chesney tour and all deal with Chesney sponserships. Just from sponshership issues alone (landshark vs corona) this your would not happen. I would love it. They are my two favorite artist. Just doesn't make too much sense. This would be a cool show like Buffett did with Jackson, straight in Texas.

2muchcoffeeman
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: ¡Cuba Libre!

Post by 2muchcoffeeman »

palmettopirate wrote:I can't even imagine what the scalpers would want for these tix.
Your first-born, your second-born and a small child.
I know I left that doggone dotsig around here somewhere ...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I've seen Chesney in concert and I wouldn't mind seeing him again, he puts on a good show. I wouldn't want to see Chesney and Buffett together, I think it would be too similar. That's why I think the opening acts I've seen during Buffett's last 3 tours worked so well. Jackson Browne, John Fogerty and Huey Lewis all have such different styles, it wasn't like you were hearing the same old $h!t for 3 hours.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:I've seen Chesney in concert and I wouldn't mind seeing him again, he puts on a good show. I wouldn't want to see Chesney and Buffett together, I think it would be too similar. That's why I think the opening acts I've seen during Buffett's last 3 tours worked so well. Jackson Browne, John Fogerty and Huey Lewis all have such different styles, it wasn't like you were hearing the same old $h!t for 3 hours.
How was Huey Lewis? I saw him years go as a headliner. I'm a fan of his music.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I thought Huey was really good. I always liked his music but had never seen him before, he put on a good show. Not as good as John Fogerty last year but I enjoyed it.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Nighthawk
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum with a splash of coke

Post by Nighthawk »

Jimmy will always steal the headlining spot. Years ago in Dallas.... that big Buffett/Jackson/Strait concert, you would have thought out of being in Texas alone that King George would be the headliner.
Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another f**** sheep in the herd?
Did you hear the one about me giving a s***?
Cause if I ever did I don't remember it.