Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Midnight Flyer
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojitos in the desert
Location: cruising on my landing gear just "taxiing round SJD" NOT heading back to KSNA!

Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Post by Midnight Flyer »

I ran across this while researching first editions. Mark Twain reincarnated as Jimmy? Things that make you go hmmm...
Attachments
be good.jpg
be good.jpg (103.51 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."-MARK TWAIN
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Re: Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Post by jbfinscj »

Midnight Flyer wrote:I ran across this while researching first editions. Mark Twain reincarnated as Jimmy? Things that make you go hmmm...

It's where Jimmy got the quote from. "Following the Equator" is one of Jimmy's favorite book. Jimmy added the line "Be lonesome and you will be free." If you pay attention to the song "That's what living is to me," one of the lines is "My TWAIN of thought..."
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Midnight Flyer
License to Chill
Location: cruising on my landing gear just "taxiing round SJD" NOT heading back to KSNA!

Post by Midnight Flyer »

jbfinscj wrote:
Midnight Flyer wrote:I ran across this while researching first editions. Mark Twain reincarnated as Jimmy? Things that make you go hmmm...

It's where Jimmy got the quote from. "Following the Equator" is one of Jimmy's favorite book. Jimmy added the line "Be lonesome and you will be free." If you pay attention to the song "That's what living is to me," one of the lines is "My TWAIN of thought..."
Yes, I realize that. My post was more directed to the visual. if you look at the Twain picture and compare it to Jimmy of the '80's there is an uncanny resemblance IMHO :-?
She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."-MARK TWAIN
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

I agree! There are only so many faces to go around ...
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

Midnight Flyer wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

Yes, I realize that. My post was more directed to the visual. if you look at the Twain picture and compare it to Jimmy of the '80's there is an uncanny resemblance IMHO :-?

My mistake. Yes I thought the same thing when I first saw the picture.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Midnight Flyer
License to Chill

Post by Midnight Flyer »

jbfinscj wrote:
Midnight Flyer wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:

My mistake. Yes I thought the same thing when I first saw the picture.
No worries, the quote I have below is also from "Following the Equator". Being an English Lit. and Linguistics major I'm kind of geeky about stuff like that.