Radio Margaritaville on iPhone or iPad?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Bob Roberts
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: cold

Radio Margaritaville on iPhone or iPad?

Post by Bob Roberts »

Since TuneIn Radio apparently quit streaming Radio Margaritaville some time ago, does anybody know another iPhone or iPad app that will stream RM? I know that you can navigate to the site in your web browser, but it would be nice to have a one or two-button approach. I have a SiriusXM subscription for both of our vehicles, but don't really want to pay even more to use the app and stream online. Thanks phriends!
"The sound of the weather is Heaven's ragtime band."

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Re: Radio Margaritaville on iPhone or iPad?

Post by chippewa »

This works for RM on my Android phone, I'm thinking you can do something similar with an iPhone?

Open the TuneIn app and go to the "My Profile" page, where you should see your favorite stations you've saved. (stations that I "follow).
At the bottom of the list, you can "add custom URL". Click that option and add this URL.

http://radmarg.ic.llnwd.net/stream/radmarg_razorback

Voila! Radio Margaritaville is added to your list of stations and just a click away!

(one in a great while, that URL changes and you'll have to get the new URL and edit your preset)

goreds2
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Day Dreamin'
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer then shot of Mango Rum

Post by goreds2 »

I think it is 3 or $4 extra a month for the app if you have an existing SiriusXM account. It is nice as you will get concert replays via On Demand etc.
I was there when the term "Parrot Head" was coined in 1985 at the Timberwolf Amphitheater in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I was Buffett when Buffett wasn't cool.

Onlyzen
Favorite Buffett Song: Life Short Call Now
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Onlyzen »

None of my iTunes installations (3 Mac 10.4 and 1 Windows XP) v8.1.1 will play Radio Maragaritaville in iTunes Radio. None of the other stations I have tried seem to be affected. I have talked to the staff at the station and they haven't a clue. The computers are connecting to the internet by router, wired and wireless to cable modem. Highlight the station, click the play button and it says connecting but never plays. They don't use playlists.
Is there a cache I can delete?
Is it possible that Radio Margaritaville has my IP blacklisted?
iTunes 8.1.1, Mac OS X (10.4.11), and Windows XP sp3

SharkysMV1
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonics

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Onlyzen wrote:
November 13, 2017 2:58 am
None of my iTunes installations (3 Mac 10.4 and 1 Windows XP) v8.1.1 will play Radio Maragaritaville in iTunes Radio. None of the other stations I have tried seem to be affected. I have talked to the staff at the station and they haven't a clue. The computers are connecting to the internet by router, wired and wireless to cable modem. Highlight the station, click the play button and it says connecting but never plays. They don't use playlists.
Is there a cache I can delete?
Is it possible that Radio Margaritaville has my IP blacklisted?
iTunes 8.1.1, Mac OS X (10.4.11), and Windows XP sp3
Just navigate to RM in Safari/web browser and stream from there.
Taste for the good life, I could live it no other way...