Buffett Songs you just don't want to hear anymore....

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Re: Buffett Songs you just don't want to hear anymore....

Post by atmarler26 »

snowfinz wrote: July 11, 2018 3:03 pmGrapefruit Juicy Fruit and Pencil Thin Moustache are the 2 I could happily never hear again. Like others have said there is such a catalog of great songs that could be substituted. I too would love to hear African Friend and Distantly in Love. But as most are saying- the songs likes/dislikes are so different for everyone.
I am just happy to be able to see him!!!
I like both Grapefruit and Pencil Thin Mustache, and never really get tired of hearing either.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

Bucarader wrote: March 31, 2018 9:22 am Margaritaville

I can take it or leave it.
With Mville, it is what it is. Not going to "fault" him for playing it at every show since for so many people it simply wouldn't be a show without it. Just like it wouldn't be a Neil Diamond concert for most people without Sweet Caroline (Neil of course cannot tour anymore but you get the point). As long as he tries to do some variations on the lyrics to Margaritaville to make it unique from previous live versions he has done at other locations, I'm fine with it and just accept that it's going to be played every time. That's the most us hardcore fans could ask for really.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

PirateDeb wrote: May 29, 2018 9:36 am I thought I dodged a bullet at the Indy show when he didn't play BEG, but then he went and put it in the encore. That is at the top of my list that I wish he would drop.
If you're attending a show in Indianapolis, expect to hear BEG. One of his most well known, and in my opinion best, live recordings of BEG was recorded there in 1999 and some people who have regularly attended the Indy shows since then still remember that.

"It's great to be in Indiana on Thursday. Girls Rule."
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

atmarler26 wrote: June 22, 2020 2:32 pm
PirateDeb wrote: May 29, 2018 9:36 am I thought I dodged a bullet at the Indy show when he didn't play BEG, but then he went and put it in the encore. That is at the top of my list that I wish he would drop.
If you're attending a show in Indianapolis, expect to hear BEG. One of his most well known, and in my opinion best, live recordings of BEG was recorded there in 1999 and some people who have regularly attended the Indy shows since then still remember that.

"It's great to be in Indiana on Thursday. Girls Rule."
Last year I had a front row seat for the first time, and Jimmy joined me while I did air bongos to BEG. i don't mind that song now.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

While I can definitely say I wish JB would scrap certain songs in favor of many many others, once Game Day comes around & the adrenaline is flowing (or smoking, your mileage may vary) I pretty much get into anything the guys are putting out.
But if I'm voting 1 that is a fairly consistent staple I'd go with WDWGDAS. I label it a "novelty" song, & those are the types that I feel can be bypassed without much disappointment at all.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 22, 2020 5:07 pm While I can definitely say I wish JB would scrap certain songs in favor of many many others, once Game Day comes around & the adrenaline is flowing (or smoking, your mileage may vary) I pretty much get into anything the guys are putting out.
But if I'm voting 1 that is a fairly consistent staple I'd go with WDWGDAS. I label it a "novelty" song, & those are the types that I feel can be bypassed without much disappointment at all.
Totally agree with you Dr C on dropping WGWGDAS!
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Cheeseburger in Paradise. Though if he dropped this one I am not sure I would know when to pee?
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: April 11, 2018 4:21 pm
surfpirate wrote: With Radio Margaritaville and Margaritaville TV Jimmy gives us the opportunity to see or hear almost every single concert for free. I mean what other performer does that?
Amen!
I second that amen!
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

atmarler26 wrote: July 26, 2020 12:32 pm
SeattleParrotHead wrote: April 11, 2018 4:21 pm
surfpirate wrote: With Radio Margaritaville and Margaritaville TV Jimmy gives us the opportunity to see or hear almost every single concert for free. I mean what other performer does that?
Amen!
I second that amen!
Third! Straight facts!!

If i never have to hear BEG again - won't complain. But will suffer thru if it's at a JB show again. COVID has changed my views on this stuff. Never wanted & needed a Buffett concert so badly! Will take whatever set list I can get!

Fins Up
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

After 30 years of going I am happy with anything. Just no Hokey Pokey.
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

C4Parrothead wrote: July 27, 2020 8:04 amCOVID has changed my views on this stuff. Never wanted & needed a Buffett concert so badly!
Totally agree. It really does give you a different perspective on things and makes you appreciate every single moment you are alive. A song like Lovely Cruise with the lyrics "these moments we're left with" takes on a whole new meaning. Things we took for granted before like knowing his concerts would come along every year, we don't get to enjoy anymore. But when they do eventually come back, they will come back stronger than ever.
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

C4Parrothead wrote: July 27, 2020 8:04 am COVID has changed my views on this stuff. Never wanted & needed a Buffett concert so badly!
Buffett's concerts truly are a magic kind of medicine that no doctor could prescribe. We have to keep thinking positively and hope they will return by this fall.