Enhanced CD's question

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

shakayall
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: All the Ways I Want You
Number of Concerts: 1

Enhanced CD's question

Post by shakayall »

Does anyone know if the "enhanced CD's" would work on current macs or if the video footage is available digitally somewhere else?

The one I am thinking of getting on eBay is "Live Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays."

I've also read that "Don't Stop the Carnival", "Rancho Deluxe", "Beach House on the Moon," "Take the Weather With You" & "Far Side of the World" are labeled as "enhanced" (with videos in the form of computer files.)

I would love to see the extras but I don't want to waste my money on this stuff if it doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for any info or tips!

SharkysMV1
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonics

Re: Enhanced CD's question

Post by SharkysMV1 »

I could never get the extras from Beach House on the Moon to work but the most of the others (except Rancho Deluxe - I don’t have that on CD) do seem to work.

The live T,T,S has a bonus video from backstage in low quality from the late 90s. It works with QuickTime. If your Mac can play older QuickTime files I’d say you’re good to go.
Taste for the good life, I could live it no other way...

shakayall
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: All the Ways I Want You
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by shakayall »

Thank you so much! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Bucarader
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

You’ll need an old version of QuickTime, as I think it hasn’t been supported in years. I know at one time QuickTime let you convert .mov files to audio (For example: The “Here We Are” video on Take the Weather With You). However, this feature now seems to be missing in my version of QuickTime.

My advice is to use a program like Hand Brake to covert those .mov files on the enhanced CDs to .mp4
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

The content of the Enhanced CD's is as follows:

Don't Stop The Carnival - 1998

An 8:00 minute video, in QuickTime video format, featuring Jimmy performing the short song "Green Flash at Sunset" followed by rehearsal footage recorded during the performances of the full Don't Stop The Carnival musical show.

Beach House on The Moon - 1999

An 8:52 video, in QuickTime video format, that begins with a short thank you message from Jimmy followed by footage of the album being recorded. The footage shows the album being worked on in two different music studios: La La Land in Muscle Shoals Alabama and Shrimpboat Sound in Key West Fl

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays - 1999

A 9:02 video, in QuickTime video format, entitled "Backstage with Buffett" hosted by Jimmy's daughter Savannah Jane Buffett. The video is tour of what things are like backstage before one of Jimmy's shows and features Jimmy and the CRB relaxing and then going through sound check before a show at Greatwoods in Mansfield MA. There is also footage of Jimmy and the band having a pre-show catered meal.

Far Side of the World - 2002

A 7:53 video, in QuickTime video format, that begins with an intro by Jimmy followed by some footage from the album's recording sessions then segues into a music video for the song "Far side of the World"

Take the Weather With You - 2006

A 3:59 music video, in QuickTime video format, for the song "Here We Are" the video in comprised of a few still photos of Jimmy followed by footage filmed at a various Jimmy Buffett Shows from many prior years. The footage includes clips of Jimmy and the CRB on stage as well as clips of Parrot-heads tailgating and partying.
Last edited by urlcenter on February 16, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2muchcoffeeman
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: ¡Cuba Libre!

Post by 2muchcoffeeman »

shakayall wrote:
January 19, 2019 4:24 pm
Does anyone know if the "enhanced CD's" would work on current macs or if the video footage is available digitally somewhere else?
Yes to both. Current version of Quicktime Player for MacOS should open them (Apple kept the name although the underlying Quicktime technology has changed greatly in Quicktime X), or you can download the excellent VLC player. And you should be able to find the videos online at your usual destination for videos or Buffett downloads.
I know I left that doggone dotsig around here somewhere ...

SharkysMV1
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonics

Post by SharkysMV1 »

urlcenter wrote:
January 23, 2019 6:29 pm

An 8:00 minute video, in Quicktime video format, featuring Jimmy performing the short song "Green Flash at Sunset" followed by rehearsal footage recorded during the performances of the full Don't Stop The Carnival musical show.

An 8:52 video, in Quicktime video format, that begins with a short thank you message from Jimmy followed by footage of the album being recorded. The footage shows the album being worked on in two different music studios: La La Land in Muscle Shoals Alabama and Shrimpboat Sound in Key West Fl

A 9:02 video, in Quicktime video format, entitled "Backstage with Buffett" hosted by Jimmy's daughter Savannah Jane Buffett. The video is tour of what things are like backstage before one of Jimmy's shows and features Jimmy and the CRB relaxing and then going through sound check before a show at Greatwoods in Mansfield MA. There is also footage of Jimmy and the band having a pre-show catered meal.

A 7:53 video, in Quicktime video format, that begins with an intro by Jimmy followed by some footage from the album's recording sessions then segues into a music video for the song "Far side of the World"

A 3:59 music video, in Quicktime video format, for the song "Here We Are" the video in comprised of a few still photos of Jimmy followed by footage filmed at a various Jimmy Buffett Shows from many prior years. The footage includes clips of Jimmy and the CRB on stage as well as clips of Parrotheads tailgating and partying.
Any tips on viewing/copying/saving the Beach House on the Moon extra? As mentioned, I am able to open all of the other CDs’ extras using QuickTime (so I know how to do it), but not this one.

Thanks
Taste for the good life, I could live it no other way...

urlcenter
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

SharkysMV1 wrote:
February 16, 2019 10:30 am
urlcenter wrote:
January 23, 2019 6:29 pm

An 8:00 minute video, in QuickTime video format, featuring Jimmy performing the short song "Green Flash at Sunset" followed by rehearsal footage recorded during the performances of the full Don't Stop The Carnival musical show.

An 8:52 video, in QuickTime video format, that begins with a short thank you message from Jimmy followed by footage of the album being recorded. The footage shows the album being worked on in two different music studios: La La Land in Muscle Shoals Alabama and Shrimpboat Sound in Key West Fl

A 9:02 video, in QuickTime video format, entitled "Backstage with Buffett" hosted by Jimmy's daughter Savannah Jane Buffett. The video is tour of what things are like backstage before one of Jimmy's shows and features Jimmy and the CRB relaxing and then going through sound check before a show at Greatwoods in Mansfield MA. There is also footage of Jimmy and the band having a pre-show catered meal.

A 7:53 video, in QuickTime video format, that begins with an intro by Jimmy followed by some footage from the album's recording sessions then segues into a music video for the song "Far side of the World"

A 3:59 music video, in QuickTime video format, for the song "Here We Are" the video in comprised of a few still photos of Jimmy followed by footage filmed at a various Jimmy Buffett Shows from many prior years. The footage includes clips of Jimmy and the CRB on stage as well as clips of Parrotheads tailgating and partying.
Any tips on viewing/copying/saving the Beach House on the Moon extra? As mentioned, I am able to open all of the other CDs’ extras using QuickTime (so I know how to do it), but not this one.

Thanks

I discovered that the enhanced content is actually on the CD's as ISO archives to save space on the CD's. I have extracted all of the ISO archives from each of the enhanced CDs using a program called IsoBuster 3.9. The program allowed me to extract the enhanced content from each CD directly on to the hard drive on my PC. Once the content was extracted everything works fine, as I have A media codec pack installed on my PC that will run Apple Quicktime videos (.MOV format) without having to install Quicktime.

Another interesting thing to consider is that with the content extracted from the CD's you can if you want convert the videos from QuickTime format (.MOV) to any other video format such as MP4 for use on other devices.