Dallas Tailgating

Phlockings, Parties, Social Events, Tribute Bands.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

JanelovesJimmy
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by JanelovesJimmy »

What time does the gate open at the Smirnoff? About 10 of us from OKC coming down for the concert, RV and all. Really looking forward to April 25th!!!!!!!!!

parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republics
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by parrotheadman »

I've heard that they are usually pretty good about opening up the lot around 3 or 4p.m. I guess it all depends on who is in charge that day.

big kahuna
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by big kahuna »

We're from OKC also, and we've been to many BUBBA shows at the Starplex ( Smirnof ). The gates open any where from 12 - 2. We will be caravaning to Dallas the morning of the concert, about 20 of us. We will have a large RV, and plan on parking on the East side of the parking lot next to the fence.

We are staying at the La Quinta on RL Thorton freeway, about a $5 / $10 cab ride back to the rooms. But some of us will be staying the weekend in Dallas and making a big drunk out of the whole weekend.
While out on the beach there are two empty chairs.....
That say more than the people who ever sit there.....

JanelovesJimmy
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by JanelovesJimmy »

Thanks BigKahuna!

We'll be looking for you!

parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder

Post by parrotheadman »

Hey Kahuna, Is it really that easy to take a cab from the hotel to the concert? And what about the trip back to the hotel? How do you do that? My wife and I are staying about 5 miles away(according to travelocity) so we were thinking about driving. We had to flip a coin to see who could get stinkin' drunk and who would get to drive. I won the bet, so I will be stinkin' drunk. But is a cab really that easy? Thanks.

Beachbruce
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Gimme a "Rita"

Post by Beachbruce »

parrotheadman-I have taken cabs to my hotels the last three shows at Smirnoff Cntr and Reunion Arena. Cabs will drive by front gates after the show is over and they are easy to catch. I am staying down in the West End and I am only 5 miles or so from the venue. Take the cab man, and both of you can enjoy yourselves.
Bigkahuna-better start practicing now dude, the drinkin party starts when the gates open. See you there my friend.

parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder

Post by parrotheadman »

Thanks alot Beachbruce, I will take your advice and take a cab. Hopefully I'll see you there. FINS UP!

Beachbruce
Southeast of disorder

Post by Beachbruce »

Back at ya parrotheadman. Hope to see you there too. Enjoy!

parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder

Post by parrotheadman »

Hey BB, when are you taking off for the Dallas show? We'll be leaving here on Thursday a.m. We're staying in the West End at a Marriott there. I'm trying to see what other San Antonio ParrotHeads from the SAPHC are going are going to be up there too.

big kahuna
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by big kahuna »

BB, I'm already getting into "drinking" shape... kinda like Rocky.....

Like BB said, take the cabs, its the best way to do it... We will have a RV, and maybe one other vehicle there for 20 or so people. We either hang out afterwards and all load into the RV or groups will head out front and flag down cabs.

Hey BB, does Dick's Last Resort in Westend still have shuttles running back and forth from their place to the concert? Seems like they have done this before, and I know they do it for Stars games, Mavs games, etc.....

That way you can get a free ride to/from the concert, Dude....

Btw, We're staying the weekend in Dallas, and will be in Westend on Friday night, for sure....

See you guys in a month....
While out on the beach there are two empty chairs.....
That say more than the people who ever sit there.....

Beachbruce
Southeast of disorder

Post by Beachbruce »

Parrotheadman- We are flying in to Love on our little Cessna 182 hoping to arrive around 2-3 o'clock. Should be checked in at Hotel Lawrence on Houston St. and finished eating by 4 or so. Hope to make it to the parking lot at Smirnoff around 5 we hope.
I don't think that Dick's Last Resort offers free shuttles to Smirnoff although they did last year to Reunion Arena when JB played there in February.
Big Kahuna-will be just in for the concert and flyin back to Austin on Friday late morning. Keep practicin dude!

[size=-1][ This Message was edited by: Beachbruce on 2002-04-04 21:34 ][/size]

parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder

Post by parrotheadman »

Thanks for the advice bk. We will probably take your advice and somehow try to look for you in the parking lot.

BB,
Attach a banner to that Cessna of yours on your way up(Buffett or Bust!) to Dallas. Keep a lookout for some nuthead speedin' up 35 playing nothing but Buffett tunes sporting a big fin on top!!

4/25/02- A day that will live in infamy!!

Beachbruce
Southeast of disorder

Post by Beachbruce »

Will look for you on IH 35 dude. The fin on top will be a sure give-a-way. Possibly we can hook up before the show-we can meet over at Big Kahuna's RV and then double up on the cab ride back to the West End? If interested, let me know. There are only 2 of us. Looking forward to meeting you. Are you sitting in lawn or Pavillion? I can find you possibly! Later.:pirate:

parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder

Post by parrotheadman »

I am in 205. I purchased my tickets down here in S.A. at a foley's in a mall on the southside. I was the only one there that morning. The girl there pulled my tickets about 2 or 3 minutes before 10!!! The parrot gods were with me that day. We'll defintely look for each other. My wife is still wanting to take the car so that we can take the video and photocamera to take pictures of all the zany people that day, not to mention ice chests for the margaritas and beer. So we may up taking the car after all. If we do take the car, I owe you a drink or two for your friendly advice. finsup!

Beachbruce
Southeast of disorder

Post by Beachbruce »

Parrotheadman-I am in Sec 101 Row W. Got my tickets on line thru TM right after 10. Luck was my lady that day. Lets try to meet up in the parking lot at the Big Kahuna's RV. Will stay in touch as showtime nears! Later my friend.

parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder

Post by parrotheadman »

Sounds Great. As everyone else, I will try to stand out as the guy with the hawaiian shirt and the beer in my hand. Fins up!! Have a JB kind of weekend.

East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by East Texas Parrothead »

I'm coming to my first Buffett concert in 10 years or so...my son is flying in from New Mexico...we've got seats in Section 100, AA, I think. Found them on the Orthodox Church site...without scalpers' prices.
Am so looking forward to seeing JB again.
Love the new CD...TONIGHT I JUST NEED MY GUITAR is probably my favorite....SOMEDAY I WILL is good, too. Gives us older Parrothead hope!
See you all there...already have my shirt and hat...look for the red ford van, I mean, Parrotvan!
Enjoy!
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.

CRC Parrothead
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by CRC Parrothead »

Looking forward to meeting all you crazy Parrotheads in Dallas! I'm coming down in the RV with Jane Loves Jimmie and we had a hat making party last night so we are ready to phlock! See you all in Margaritaville 4/25/02!

OUParrotHead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by OUParrotHead »

Hey-lots of Okie postings here! I'll be looking for you guys driving South on I-35!

Does anyone know exactly when the gates open to the Starplex... or whatever they're calling it these days?

Also wondering if anyone has heard if there will be any strict rules this year to what can be brought into the amphitheater. We always try to sneak in the camera, but I won't try it this year if they have stepped up on the security.

If there is anyone out there reading this post that might be employed by the Starplex, I have a great suggestion that would earn you the employee of the month parking spot! Consider placing a few Port-a-Potties around. Trust me, us girls would really appreciate it! The last time it was at the Starplex we had to pee in Gatorade bottles. Don't worry, We'll try to be more civilized this year. By the way- I don't suggest picking up full bottles of anything in the parking lot!!

16 more days til the big event! See ya there! :wench:

parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder

Post by parrotheadman »

Hey OU,
I'm trying to call them right now, but only get their automated concert listings. I'm going to search around for some sort of business center phone number and get back with you. Or else, I think I have an e-mail address to find this out also.
Fins UP!