Welcome to Fall WEDNESDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: Welcome to Fall WEDNESDAY @ the MSC

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Well, that explains it all........Good for you?
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

No not at all.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

YAY, it's the Moooogy and Michi show, and I've got a seat in the front row!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

lime rickie wrote: September 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Rabbitz wrote: September 22, 2021 5:42 pm Happy Vernal Equinox Everyone!

We're on our way to summer down this way, but you'd never be able to tell. It was below freezing here on Tuesday morning. Couple that with the drizzle meant I had to spend 10 minutes scraping ice off the windscreen, which immediately refroze.

And some of you folk live where this happens for months on end.

If I may offer an obscure Ren & Stimpy reference: "No, Sir. I don't like it.".
Guess you didn't get the earthquake, Rabz?
Nope. Not here.
A large office and apartment building not far from where we used to live sustained some damage, so we are well pleased we moved.

As one of my friends in Vanuatu said "6.0 eh? You know that you are only allowed to stop briefly and look sideways for a second for a 6.0?"
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

lime rickie wrote: September 22, 2021 6:16 pm
MICHIPHIN wrote: September 22, 2021 4:46 pm
SMLCHNG wrote: September 22, 2021 2:38 pm
LIPH wrote: September 22, 2021 1:01 pm I was thinking the same thing when I saw that post. :o :lol:
Same here!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud that I left that one alone?
Not gonna lie, I thought twice about typing "Jealous y'all are getting oral". :lol:
:P :P :P
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Rabbitz wrote: September 22, 2021 8:02 pm Nope. Not here.
A large office and apartment building not far from where we used to live sustained some damage, so we are well pleased we moved.
Glad that it missed you!
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

moog wrote: September 22, 2021 7:26 pmNo not at all.
LOL.....I can't even say it........LOL

But, was told that that Northern Lights are clearly visual here nightly depending on the cloud cover. I went down last night to the lobby and outside around 1: 00 AM and seen on quick flash of a blue light. Tonight is totally clear and they say it will be a great night to view such for hours....hopefully i grab some photos..
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Heading back to Anchorage tomorrow, and will re-visit the "Peanut Farm" for lunch if I arrive on time. Really a cool place. Not sure about Friday, but Saturday I am going to the Alyseka Lodge......45 minutes south of Anchorage, but the second best bar view you will get. The best comes from my home Dive Bar
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Saltx3 wrote: September 22, 2021 9:16 am Today is a pool day until we need to prepare for our 5:00 dinner reservations at a local German restaurant.
How was your meal?  What did you order?

It's ridiculous that I live in a city that holds an annual celebration of 'Oktoberfest USA™' since 1961 (and yes, they actually did trademark the name and logo!) but it's been almost 20 years since there was an authentic German restaurant within 60 miles of the place.  In fact, even during the Oktoberfest the limits seem to be bratwurst, sauerkraut, spaetzle, potato salad, and Black Forest cake — oh, and those oversized chewy microwaved pretzels.  But if you're looking for something like Schnitzel, Sauerbraten, or Rouladen?   Fuhgeddaboudit!!
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

lime rickie wrote: September 22, 2021 6:20 pm
PetalMel wrote: September 22, 2021 6:09 pm
bodypainter wrote: September 22, 2021 5:43 pm Anne is having issues over tornado warnings til 10 tonight.
wowza. Just cold and wet and windy here. Not the kinda weather I want on Buffett Eve for me. Tomorrow is gonna be a whinefest with my keet and her friend. They were really hoping for summer weather for their parking lot wandering. Should be interesting. Still like Christmas Eve even if this is my 34th year of playing the Parrothead Game :)
Hope it clears up in time for the show. They can still dance and splash around and have some fun. Bring an extra set of clothes to change into for the show.
She wants to go get ponchos to wear. I guess..... :)
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

SMLCHNG wrote: September 22, 2021 8:01 pm YAY, it's the Moooogy and Michi show, and I've got a seat in the front row!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was back in the nose bleed section but SO happy they returned to town! [smilie=superkewl.gif]
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

tailgaitingph wrote: September 23, 2021 10:37 am
SMLCHNG wrote: September 22, 2021 8:01 pm YAY, it's the Moooogy and Michi show, and I've got a seat in the front row!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was back in the nose bleed section but SO happy they returned to town! [smilie=superkewl.gif]
:lol: :lol: And here we had an extra seat you could have sat in!! ;)
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

SMLCHNG wrote: September 23, 2021 10:46 am
tailgaitingph wrote: September 23, 2021 10:37 am
:lol: :lol: And here we had an extra seat you could have sat in!! ;)
😂 😘
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

lime rickie wrote: September 22, 2021 6:16 pm
MICHIPHIN wrote: September 22, 2021 4:46 pm
SMLCHNG wrote: September 22, 2021 2:38 pm
LIPH wrote: September 22, 2021 1:01 pm I was thinking the same thing when I saw that post. :o :lol:
Same here!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud that I left that one alone?
Not gonna lie, I thought twice about typing "Jealous y'all are getting oral". :lol:
I had to shake my head, laugh and scroll on! 😜😜😜
You're Killing Me Smalls
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Bicycle Bill wrote: September 23, 2021 2:45 am
Saltx3 wrote: September 22, 2021 9:16 am Today is a pool day until we need to prepare for our 5:00 dinner reservations at a local German restaurant.

It's ridiculous that I live in a city that holds an annual celebration of 'Oktoberfest USA™' since 1961 (and yes, they actually did trademark the name and logo!) but it's been almost 20 years since there was an authentic German restaurant within 60 miles of the place.  In fact, even during the Oktoberfest the limits seem to be bratwurst, sauerkraut, spaetzle, potato salad, and Black Forest cake — oh, and those oversized chewy microwaved pretzels.  But if you're looking for something like Schnitzel, Sauerbraten, or Rouladen?   Fuhgeddaboudit!!
-"BB"-
It was amazing. Very small but everything is made to order. It is family owned and the staff was great. There were 6 of us and there was a variety of schnitzels, spaetzel, bratwurst, weisvurst, sauerkraut, red cabbage and great beer.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Saltx3 wrote: September 23, 2021 3:22 pm

-"BB"-
It was amazing. Very small but everything is made to order. It is family owned and the staff was great. There were 6 of us and there was a variety of schnitzels, spaetzel, bratwurst, weisvurst, sauerkraut, red cabbage and great beer.
When I was in Germany I had schweineschnitzel about twice a week, I loved it so much. I learned how to make my own.
Who's got the rum?
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

big john wrote: September 23, 2021 3:28 pm
Saltx3 wrote: September 23, 2021 3:22 pm

-"BB"-
When I was in Germany I had schweineschnitzel about twice a week, I loved it so much. I learned how to make my own.
I reckon you need to come on down here to the Barossa Valley. Originally settled by German immigrants, so much of their influence has survived. Despite two world wars where they were not necessarily the most popular of folk...
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman