Take another road Tuesday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Take another road Tuesday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning! I'm hoping the folks can take another road to get away from the weather. :(

Busy day ahead at work, so I'm heading that way now.

Happy Tuesday! :)
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Take another road Tuesday @ the MSC

Post by dnw »

Good morning, Pen and BN gang. Have a terrific Tuesday. :D

Debbie
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Morning, pholks. Back to work for me.

Phins crossed for Dorian to skip our southern friends.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning ladies. I have one Florida acquaintance in harm's way. My biggest concern is that Larry may run low on beer and ice cream.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

I don't head back to work till tomorrow, so my honey took today off too. We are planning a shopping trip to the big city of Columbus, and maybe have Mexican for lunch.
I have friends in Sarasota, but since that's on the gulf coast, they are not evacuating. Phin power for those in the path of the storm.
You're Killing Me Smalls
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. I did a quick grocery store run this morning and I was really surprised. The store wasn't that crowded, except for 8 or 9 people lined up at the deli counter, and it was still pretty well stocked with milk, bread and water.
bodypainter wrote: September 3, 2019 9:17 am Good morning ladies. I have one Florida acquaintance in harm's way. My biggest concern is that Larry may run low on beer and ice cream.
I have enough beer to make it through the week but I don't have any ice cream. There's always a chance of the power going out in a storm like this and I don't want to get stuck with ice cream soup.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Morning BN I have family in Melbourne ( Satellite Beach) 3 blocks from the water , and friends I grew up in West Palm. Hopefully it keeps turning east. As for me , it was a whirl wind week, having to Travel to Atlanta, and back for a job interview. Friday I was offered the job. Pretty excited , finally going to have benefits, and vacation time again. Everyone in the path of the Hurricane ,please stay safe!!!!!
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote: September 3, 2019 11:02 am Morning BN I have family in Melbourne ( Satellite Beach) 3 blocks from the water , and friends I grew up in West Palm. Hopefully it keeps turning east. As for me , it was a whirl wind week, having to Travel to Atlanta, and back for a job interview. Friday I was offered the job. Pretty excited , finally going to have benefits, and vacation time again. Everyone in the path of the Hurricane ,please stay safe!!!!!
Congrats on the job offer Tommy! Does that mean a move to the ATL could be in the cards?
Much closer to Miami for those Dolphin games 8)
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Nephew about 30 miles inland from New Smyna Beach FL.
As a former resident from here in Michigan he already hates Florida summers....& these damn 'Canes don't help his outlook. Hoping this Storm heads way North & way East very abruptly
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Just now getting a chance to stop in.

work related - Our new law clerk started today so I've been busy working with him.

home related - We got a new neighbor and are excited that it's the guy I met when he came with his realtor to see the house. Really nice guy, single guy (with a girlfriend) who plans to retire at the end of this year. HUGE step up from the couple and their nasty dog that was there for the past 6 years. We are very happy at Ringville :).
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Dr.Corona wrote: September 3, 2019 12:25 pm
TommyBahama wrote: September 3, 2019 11:02 am Morning BN I have family in Melbourne ( Satellite Beach) 3 blocks from the water , and friends I grew up in West Palm. Hopefully it keeps turning east. As for me , it was a whirl wind week, having to Travel to Atlanta, and back for a job interview. Friday I was offered the job. Pretty excited , finally going to have benefits, and vacation time again. Everyone in the path of the Hurricane ,please stay safe!!!!!
Congrats on the job offer Tommy! Does that mean a move to the ATL could be in the cards?
Much closer to Miami for those Dolphin games 8)
Thanks ….No Move. The main office is in Dalton , GA. I had to Fly into Atlanta and Drive the 2 hours up and back.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Back from an evacuation of the courthouse....fire alarm went off and we actually had real firetrucks & firemen.

Turns out a kid pulled an alarm on the 4th floor. Thanks kid! it's a beautiful day here and got us all away from our desks for 20 minutes :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Congratulations, Tommy! [smilie=coolup.gif]
Saltx3 wrote: September 3, 2019 2:19 pm Just now getting a chance to stop in.

work related - Our new law clerk started today so I've been busy working with him.

home related - We got a new neighbor and are excited that it's the guy I met when he came with his realtor to see the house. Really nice guy, single guy (with a girlfriend) who plans to retire at the end of this year. HUGE step up from the couple and their nasty dog that was there for the past 6 years. We are very happy at Ringville :).
And congrats to you and Lunkhead, too, Linnie! It stinks to have bad neighbors.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch then went across the street to Broadway at the Beach to take my afternoon walk. Most of the bars, restaurants and shops were still open but it was deserted. When I left there I decided to take a ride to the boardwalk. Most of the places on the boardwalk and along Ocean Blvd., one block from the boardwalk, are boarded up. There were a lot of people on the beach but it's a double red flag day, you're not allowed in the water.

It's a beautiful day, temperature in the low 80s, bright blue sky and the sun's shining. I don't think that's going to last though, we're under a hurricane watch for the next 48 hours. I'm assuming that sometime within that 48 hour period the hurricane watch will change to a hurricane warning.
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Saltx3 wrote: September 3, 2019 2:19 pm Just now getting a chance to stop in.

So glad the nasty neighbors are gone. Nothing worse than bad next door neighbors. We haven't had close neighbors for about 30 yrs, but our daughters have had to deal with plenty of jerks over the years. No fun.
You're Killing Me Smalls
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

That didn't take long, the hurricane watch is a hurricane warning now. High wind, storm surge and 5-10 inches of rain. It should be a fun 2 days.
Touch O Parrotdise
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Nice Bourbon Straight

Post by Touch O Parrotdise »

Well, the wait is almost over, should be passing by us around 8am.. I expect to lose power for a bit.. See you on the other side.. 8)
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Phins crossed for the pholks in the path of the storm. Thinking of you all. Stay safe! 🌀🌀🌀
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

LIPH wrote: September 3, 2019 6:18 pm That didn't take long, the hurricane watch is a hurricane warning now. High wind, storm surge and 5-10 inches of rain. It should be a fun 2 days.
Hey Larry
Keep an eye out for OGE orange power trucks. We passed about 30+ trucks. My Oklahoma cousin said they were heading to the Carolinas to see where they were needed.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Touch O Parrotdise wrote: September 3, 2019 7:04 pm Well, the wait is almost over, should be passing by us around 8am.. I expect to lose power for a bit.. See you on the other side.. 8)
LIPH wrote: September 3, 2019 6:18 pm That didn't take long, the hurricane watch is a hurricane warning now. High wind, storm surge and 5-10 inches of rain. It should be a fun 2 days.
Good luck to you both. :-?