Pearl Harbor SATURDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Pearl Harbor SATURDAY@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning BN. Today is the anniversary of our country's worst day of the 20th century. The allure of the south seas started with our fore fathers fighting in the pacific.

As a kid watching McHahle's Navy made me wish I could be on a tropical island, ripping around in a fast boat.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Pearl Harbor SATURDAY@ the MSC

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Bill.

My father had just turned 17 that November. He eventually joined the Navy and served in the Pacific.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Good morning, Bill and Larry. Happy Saturday! :D

Debbie
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

bodypainter wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 9:45 am Good morning BN. Today is the anniversary of our country's worst day of the 20th century. The allure of the south seas started with our fore fathers fighting in the pacific.

As a kid watching McCahle's Navy made me wish I could be on a tropical island, ripping around in a fast boat.
Ah face it Bill. You just wanted to be Ernest Borgnine! :lol:
But it truly is a day to step back & reflect.
Hope all of you BN'ers enjoy your Saturday. I'm out to try & satisfy some of the Christmas wants of my Grandchildren!! Wish me luck :wink:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The South Carolina high school football championship games are this weekend. Myrtle Beach HS is playing for the Class AAAA championship at 6:30, they're the defending champions, and the game is on TV. I haven't paid any attention to high school football since I played 50 years ago but maybe I'll watch the game instead of watching whatever college game is on at that time. 🏈
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Dr.Corona wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 10:50 am
bodypainter wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 9:45 am Good morning BN. Today is the anniversary of our country's worst day of the 20th century. The allure of the south seas started with our fore fathers fighting in the pacific.

As a kid watching McCahle's Navy made me wish I could be on a tropical island, ripping around in a fast boat.
Ah face it Bill. You just wanted to be Ernest Borgnine! :lol:
But it truly is a day to step back & reflect.
Hope all of you BN'ers enjoy your Saturday. I'm out to try & satisfy some of the Christmas wants of my Grandchildren!! Wish me luck :wink:
We just finished shopping for the stocking stuffers and now I'm done. Just need to wrap and start my baking. Although I have nothing for Bryan...most of the time we don't exchange gifts anyway....Christmas is for the kids! β„β›„πŸŽ„πŸŽ…
Good luck on fulfilling their wishes.
Are you going to watch the B1G Championship Game tonight? 🏈🏈🏈
You're Killing Me Smalls
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

LIPH wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 11:33 am The South Carolina high school football championship games are this weekend. Myrtle Beach HS is playing for the Class AAAA championship at 6:30, they're the defending champions, and the game is on TV. I haven't paid any attention to high school football since I played 50 years ago but maybe I'll watch the game instead of watching whatever college game is on at that time. 🏈
We'll be watching my Buckeyes this evening and rooting them on to a B1G Chamionship. Hoping we can beat Wisconsin for the 2nd time this season. 🏈🏈🏈
You're Killing Me Smalls
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

melon59 wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 12:11 pm
LIPH wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 11:33 am The South Carolina high school football championship games are this weekend. Myrtle Beach HS is playing for the Class AAAA championship at 6:30, they're the defending champions, and the game is on TV. I haven't paid any attention to high school football since I played 50 years ago but maybe I'll watch the game instead of watching whatever college game is on at that time. 🏈
We'll be watching my Buckeyes this evening and rooting them on to a B1G Chamionship. Hoping we can beat Wisconsin for the 2nd time this season. 🏈🏈🏈
One of the waitresses at the North Myrtle Beach Hooters is in the 2020 calendar. She signed my calendar the other day and said she was originally from Ohio. When I asked her where in Ohio, she said Marion. I never heard of Marion, OH and she said it was near Columbus. She's a Buckeye fan.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

Looks like a beautiful day! Guess I should get out of the house??
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Hi All,

A few years ago, Mrs Rabz & I visited Singapore. During that visit we spent the better part of a day at the Changi Prison Museum. It was an real learning experience, made even more poignant to me as two of the people used to illustrate the history have the same family names as my paternal family names. To be honest when I heard those name is sat me on my backside, quite literally I had to sit and recompose myself.

Anyhow, I bring this up because of something else I learned that day. Contemporary history has it that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7th and Singapore December 8th. However due to a quirk of the international date line the Singapore attack actually happened first! [smilie=graytard.gif] [smilie=graytard.gif] [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif] [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Just finished putting up the outside Christmas lights, shorts, t-shirt and sweating. Love this Florida weather!
Back to livin' Floridays
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

LIPH wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 12:48 pm
melon59 wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 12:11 pm
One of the waitresses at the North Myrtle Beach Hooters is in the 2020 calendar. She signed my calendar the other day and said she was originally from Ohio. When I asked her where in Ohio, she said Marion. I never heard of Marion, OH and she said it was near Columbus. She's a Buckeye fan.
We are in Mt Vernon which is about 45 minutes east of Marion. Go Bucks!🏈
You're Killing Me Smalls
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 3:33 pm Just finished putting up the outside Christmas lights, shorts, t-shirt and sweating. Love this Florida weather!
Today is that day for me.

Low 90's is the forecast, with heavy smoke and some ash. I'd best get stuck in early I think.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I'm watching the Mountain West Conference championship game, Boise State is playing Hawaii. The game is in Boise, where they have blue turf in the football stadium. Boise State's colors are blue and orange. They're wearing black uniforms. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! We had 304 cars through the light display . Santa saw 110 kids and 2 golden retrievers.

I'm drinking egg nog.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I'm having chocolate ice cream.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Today was a really good day for us. (Except for honoring 12-7-1941) :(

We went to the Denver Art Museum where they are having a Claude Monet art exhibit. It's the largest one of his work, ever. My Mom loved Monet, so I loved Monet. There were several paintings that I lost it, and sobbed. I've seen so many pictures of his work, but never in person.

Afterwards we went to our favorite brewery for their 8 year anniversary. It was great to see so many longtime friends.

Have a good sleep. :)

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 3:33 pm Just finished putting up the outside Christmas lights, shorts, t-shirt and sweating. Love this Florida weather!
So jealous but 1 day I will be there with ya!
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

melon59 wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 12:09 pm
We just finished shopping for the stocking stuffers and now I'm done. Just need to wrap and start my baking. Although I have nothing for Bryan...most of the time we don't exchange gifts anyway....Christmas is for the kids! β„β›„πŸŽ„πŸŽ…
I did watch the game. Heckuva come back by your Buckeyes.
2nd half of that game reminded me of our game against you guys. :-?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Dr.Corona wrote: ↑December 8, 2019 8:05 am
melon59 wrote: ↑December 7, 2019 12:09 pm
I did watch the game. Heckuva come back by your Buckeyes.
2nd half of that game reminded me of our game against you guys. :-?
I was losing my mind in the first half, pacing chanting and drinking too many margaritas. I stopped drinking and just watched fairly quietly the 2nd half. I was so nervous going into this game because as you know, its ALWAYS difficult to beat the same team twice in one season. We managed to pull it together and shut them out in the second half. Honestly, I don't care about who the talking heads give the #1 spot to...I just wanna show up and not get embarrassed in the playoffs. Go Bucks! 🏈🏈🏈
You're Killing Me Smalls