The beginning of the end for yours truly

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22

Re: The beginning of the end for yours truly

Post by CheeseHead in Paradise! »

TommyBahama wrote: May 17, 2021 8:36 am
moog wrote: May 17, 2021 7:21 am
Tiki Bar wrote: May 17, 2021 12:37 am Uncle Jim did a beautiful thing!! 💕💕

https://www.facebook.com/10000524737791 ... 73534/?d=n

Much love, Garry!
Awe man that was moving.
That was great.

That was phantastic! So very cool. Here's to you, Garry!

John
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 12, 2021 2:28 pm Shirt ordered & ditto what Tommy said!!
Got mine in today's mail.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Current update

Hello friends and phamily. Garry is still in the original hospice unit. He was not moved yet because they are still trying to get his pain under control. He was so grateful for the messages and music tributes by the Coral Reefers. Since Monday the pain and medications are causing him to be confused and restless. His sister (who is a doctor) has been there to visit and take care of things. He knows you all send your love. Pray for comfort. <3
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: May 20, 2021 4:13 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: May 12, 2021 2:28 pm Shirt ordered & ditto what Tommy said!!
Got mine in today's mail.
Is it “true to size” ?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I usually take a large but I ordered an XL. The neckline is a little loose but the shoulder seams are perfect and the body of the shirt doesn't hang down much lower than my size large t-shirts.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: May 20, 2021 5:59 pm I usually take a large but I ordered an XL. The neckline is a little loose but the shoulder seams are perfect and the body of the shirt doesn't hang down much lower than my size large t-shirts.
Thanks Larry.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Just got home from a party where we discussing summer plans. I’ll be out on Nantucket for most of the summer and I mentioned I hoped The Chicken Box would have live shows. Naturally people asked about Buffett. I told them I wasn’t sure if he’d be touring this summer although he seems to be planning on it. Is Great Woods still the best stop on the tour, someone asked? Typically. But one year I did this rod trip from Key West to Tampa and that Tampa show was as much fun as I have ever had in my life.

Why? I was asked.

The people of course.

One person in particular who removed his belt during the after party and just went crazy swinging it around over his head as the music played. I mean crazy. No apologies, no hesitation, just a man caught in the moment. People were diving out of the way. It might sound silly. A smidge weird. But this man came to party. And he went all in. I can’t emphasize enough how that’s all we can ask from anyone. And I appreciate the f*cking sh*t that I was in the right place at the right time to party with this man. I still smile about it. :D

If you read this, Wino - thank you for a great day. You are a bad as$ fun loving son of a gun.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

🙏🏻❤️/)🙏🏻❤️/)

Debbie
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

Saturday morning prayers and well wishes, while I reflect on the fun and BN faces of Delray, and look forward to an afternoon of music from Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band, and I wish both included big Garry hugs and the distinct sound of his voice.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Dear friends.
Garry’s pain meds have been increased and because of this he has been sleeping a lot since Friday.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

:( :( :( Thanks, Linda. We only hope the meds are helping..
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

SMLCHNG wrote: May 23, 2021 11:23 pm :( :( :( Thanks, Linda. We only hope the meds are helping..
Sigh, ditto
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Thanks Linda!!! Continued prayers!!
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

❤️❤️❤️

Debbie
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

I haven't been in BN for a while, but today I felt compelled to make an appearance. I know Garry is likely beyond the point that he's getting these messages, but I want to throw mine out for everyone else to read. Garry and I have texted frequently through the years, and like the rest of you, I have always felt a close kinship with him. Always treasured the concert interactions, but just as much, the conversations. He has sent so many gifts to my daughter through the years, since they bonded over their mutual love for the Beatles. He's just such a wonderful person, and despite the time we've had to prepare, it will still hurt to know he is gone.

Garry, we never did get to that minor league baseball game. But next game I go to, I'm raising a cup to you. Next concert tailgate, I'll be scanning t the crowd looking for your face.

Love you, my friend. Be at peace.
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

CaptainP wrote: May 24, 2021 12:07 pm I haven't been in BN for a while, but today I felt compelled to make an appearance. I know Garry is likely beyond the point that he's getting these messages, but I want to throw mine out for everyone else to read. Garry and I have texted frequently through the years, and like the rest of you, I have always felt a close kinship with him. Always treasured the concert interactions, but just as much, the conversations. He has sent so many gifts to my daughter through the years, since they bonded over their mutual love for the Beatles. He's just such a wonderful person, and despite the time we've had to prepare, it will still hurt to know he is gone.

Garry, we never did get to that minor league baseball game. But next game I go to, I'm raising a cup to you. Next concert tailgate, I'll be scanning t the crowd looking for your face.

Well said, the 1st time I met Garry was when I met you at Alpine. Great memories of a great guy who I'm lucky enough to call a friend. Through everything he is going through. I did get a personal message from him on my Birthday. That is Garry, thinking of others before himself. I actually kept the message as a reminder of his kindness towards others.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Thinking of ((((Garry)))) always.
❤❤❤❤
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

TommyBahama wrote: May 24, 2021 12:49 pm
CaptainP wrote: May 24, 2021 12:07 pm I haven't been in BN for a while, but today I felt compelled to make an appearance. I know Garry is likely beyond the point that he's getting these messages, but I want to throw mine out for everyone else to read. Garry and I have texted frequently through the years, and like the rest of you, I have always felt a close kinship with him. Always treasured the concert interactions, but just as much, the conversations. He has sent so many gifts to my daughter through the years, since they bonded over their mutual love for the Beatles. He's just such a wonderful person, and despite the time we've had to prepare, it will still hurt to know he is gone.

Well said, the 1st time I met Garry was when I met you at Alpine. Great memories of a great guy who I'm lucky enough to call a friend. Through everything he is going through. I did get a personal message from him on my Birthday. That is Garry, thinking of others before himself. I actually kept the message as a reminder of his kindness towards others.
It's true.
No matter what, Garry never would miss an important date. Birthday, Anniversary, Shirt, whatever.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Good thoughts headed for Garry.

Debbie
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

CaptainP wrote: May 24, 2021 2:37 pm
TommyBahama wrote: May 24, 2021 12:49 pm

It's true.
No matter what, Garry never would miss an important date. Birthday, Anniversary, Shirt, whatever.
Very True!!!