Gift Card SATURDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Gift Card SATURDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning Everyone! Hope your day brings you something amazing!!!

Apparently today is National Gift Card Day - have you ever forgotten to use one and then found out the establishment is closed or your card expired????
If so, don't let that happen again.....

National Use Your Gift Card Day reminds Americans to use the $1 billion in gift cards left unused each year. On the third Saturday in January, take stock of the gift cards you received over the holidays. Make the most of each one of them before they’re forgotten for good!
We all do it. Stash away gift cards thinking we will have more time later to use them. They collect dust and disappear into an abyss somewhere. We discover them as we clean and often don’t remember how much was on the card or if we used a portion of it. Those partial balances add up, too! The first step is to collect the cards together and see what you have. You know where to look.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Re: Gift Card SATRUDAY @ the MSC

Post by melon59 »

Good morning Linda! Off to the flower shop soon. Freezing rain here, the roads are going to be dicey. Bryan has errands to run too. 😒🌨️🌬️❄️ Have a great Saturday.
You're Killing Me Smalls
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning Linda and Tammy. I'm having apple cinnamon pancakes for breakfast, if we can get into town. The weather is snowy.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning Linda, Tammy, and Bill! :)

It's sunny and mid 40's today. FINALLY the wind died down. The mountains? Still crazy winds and snow there. But none down here.

I gave E a gift certificate to a 'make your own stuff if you don't have a garage' place, but sadly they went out of business.

We're gonna visit Mom, then do a couple of things just for ourselves. Tomorrow we can do chores.

Stay warm and safe out there!!! :)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. After some 70 degree days earlier in the week, today was the second day in a row the heat came on in the morning. I guess what passes for winter here has arrived.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Morning BNers

On our way back from Austin in the drizzle. Great show last night at Gruene Hall with friends. ❤🎶
Now to get home and start packing.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Good morning. Fresh snow on the ground and 24 degrees. 15 days until Groundhog Day. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

Morning, BN. Supposed to get snow and then rain today. So I wore boots to work and changed into sneakers. Might not go shopping after.

Have a good one.
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

nycfeat wrote: January 18, 2020 11:55 am Morning, BN. Supposed to get snow and then rain today. So I wore boots to work and changed into sneakers. Might not go shopping after.

Have a good one.
Try to stay dry and warm.
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Morning All,

I need a coffee. Actually two. I'll start with Doppio Flat White (café au lait) then I'll savour a Doppio Risretto Piccolo Latte.

Anyone know if we have some proper loin bacon? I am starving and that streaky bacon just ain't gonna cut it.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

Home!
Now to rest a bit and start packing.
😳
Saltx3

Re: Gift Card SATURDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

We’ve got a mix of rain snow sleet and whatever else is in there. Glad I got my Saturday errands done before the crap hit the ground.

We have grandson #1 overnight. He’s busy building all kinds of stuff with duplos, little people, their farm animals and army men (like his daddy)

Roasting a chicken for dinner. Smells yummy.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I've been looking to get a new piece of luggage. I have a large suitcase which I rarely use because I don't take a lot of long trips. I have my duffle bag which I use almost all the time but I have to swing it over my shoulder because it doesn't have wheels. I just bought a 21" American Tourister carry-on bag with wheels at Kohl's. The price tag said $159.99. It was on sale plus I got another 30% off for using my Kohl's charge card. Final price, including tax, was $52.91. :o My thrifty self loves shopping at Kohl's. :lol:
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

LIPH wrote: January 18, 2020 5:39 pm I've been looking to get a new piece of luggage. I have a large suitcase which I rarely use because I don't take a lot of long trips. I have my duffle bag which I use almost all the time but I have to swing it over my shoulder because it doesn't have wheels. I just bought a 21" American Tourister carry-on bag with wheels at Kohl's. The price tag said $159.99. It was on sale plus I got another 30% off for using my Kohl's charge card. Final price, including tax, was $52.91. :o My thrifty self loves shopping at Kohl's. :lol:
The bag I have used for my international travel has lasted well over a decade. It is bright orange (good for seeing on baggage carousels) and very light weight.

It has copped a fair battering in planes, boats, buses, ships, trucks, pick ups and whatever else.

After our last trip I thought it had finally given up - the internal metal supports were bent and the fibreglass rod which hold it's shape were busted. About two days ago I decided to see if I could resurrect it. Ordered some fibreglass rods and straightened the metal work. Once the rods arrive I see if if it lives to fight on.

It's carted a lot of memories. Just trying to remember where it's been, US, Mexico, Haiti, Caymans, Fiji, Vanuatu (probably 20 times), Samoa, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, New Caledonia (probably 10 times) and no doubt more.

EDIT: Forgot Singapore and Thailand.
Last edited by Rabbitz on January 18, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: January 18, 2020 5:39 pm I've been looking to get a new piece of luggage. I have a large suitcase which I rarely use because I don't take a lot of long trips. I have my duffle bag which I use almost all the time but I have to swing it over my shoulder because it doesn't have wheels. I just bought a 21" American Tourister carry-on bag with wheels at Kohl's. The price tag said $159.99. It was on sale plus I got another 30% off for using my Kohl's charge card. Final price, including tax, was $52.91. :o My thrifty self loves shopping at Kohl's. :lol:
We needed new luggage before our Dec trip to KW. We were using suitcases that we got more than 20 yrs ago and no longer meet the no extra fee size restrictions. Couldn’t believe how expensive luggage is !
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Kohl's was my second stop. I saw a really nice London Fog carry-on bag at another store. If it had been on sale I might have bought it but it was $450.
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there!
I have no airport luggage on wheels. The last time I flew, my duffel went into my big a$$ cooler for the first flight of a moose hunt.

I haven't used the cooler since.

Boy, Larry. You snagged a very good deal!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

In my younger (and fitter) days I was a demo player for Wilson Racquetball and every year they would send me a Wilson Pro Staff gear bag filled with all the latest racquets and stuff and I accumulated quite a number of the bags. After many years of travelling around with multiple Wilson duffle bags, my wife insisted that we get matching luggage for the whole famn damily. I was shocked at how much that stuff costs, but you all know the rules.... Mama is always right.
After that, every single trip we would wind up with at least one bag damaged by the baggage gorillas. When my wife and youngest 'keet made their first trip to Rome, they flew Seattle to Paris to Rome but my wife's suitcase went Seattle to Paris to Berlin to Rome and when she finally got it a week later, they had cut the zipper to inspect its contents. She had a TSA lock on it... OK, they aren't TSA in Europe, but couldn't they cut the lock off instead of cutting the friggin' zipper? :evil: I'm back to travelling with a duffle when I'm solo, other wise.... well, you all know the rules.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH