Superstitious FRIDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Superstitious FRIDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning Everybody!

Are you a believer in superstition?

Heading out from work at noon today. Another shift (this one overnight) of caring for the 6yr old grandson. Our son, Brandon, who is on military training in St Louis let us know he passed one of the 3 tests he needs to take to finalize his sergeants promotion. If one test is failed one re-test is allowed. Any other fails get you an immediate flight back from where you came. He has 4.5 weeks to go. Austin misses his daddy (big time).
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Superstitious FRIDAY @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning Linda. I would watch kid's faces fill with dread over Friday the 13th, even though they knew not why they were afraid.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Good morning, Linda and Bill. Happy Friday! :D

Debbie
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Back to work today. Have a safe Friday the 13th everyone!
You're Killing Me Smalls
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

it's almost a ghost town here in Lancaster City. The City school district is closed "due to the potential exposure of COVID-19". Our Judges are holding an emergency meeting at noon today to discuss how/what/when to do whatever.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Morning BNers

Another cloudy day. We planned to go to TBone Tom's tonight to see Van Wilks but we are still dabating. We want to see him but do we take the chance?
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I just got an email from The Brass Tap saying "March Madness is here, enjoy all the action at your local Brass Tap." Someone should have a conversation with the marketing department.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

LIPH wrote: March 13, 2020 1:16 pm I just got an email from The Brass Tap saying "March Madness is here, enjoy all the action at your local Brass Tap." Someone should have a conversation with the marketing department.
D'oh!
Who's got the rum?
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

springparrot wrote: March 13, 2020 12:28 pm Morning BNers

Another cloudy day. We planned to go to TBone Tom's tonight to see Van Wilks but we are still dabating. We want to see him but do we take the chance?
No, it's not worth it. Surprised they haven't postponed it
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Afternoon BN.

I'm not superstitious.
Just sitting at work, grabbing some more ot on this really nice partly sunny 78 degree day :-? Is it summer yet? :lol:

It's also been pretty slow, so far...

Happy Fri the 13th y'all!

nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat »

Afternoon, BN. Beautiful day here but of course we have that virus thing going on.

One of the public library systems (that covers the three boroughs) is closed for the next two weeks. The other two systems are open for now but have cancelled everything (classes, performances, free tax help, etc) except the 2020 Census.

Hoping all the first responders, medical staff, and those with weak immune systems stay safe.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: March 13, 2020 2:18 pm Afternoon BN.

I'm not superstitious.
Just sitting at work, grabbing some more ot on this really nice partly sunny 78 degree day :-? Is it summer yet? :lol:

It's also been pretty slow, so far...

Happy Fri the 13th y'all!
Jealous. It's 42, raining, windy, and chilly.

At least it's Friday. One more work call and then logging off. 8)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

big john
Under My Lone Palm

Post by big john »

In the last hour a lot of the area school districts are announcing they will be closed from March 17th to the 30th.
Once one district announced they all started to follow.
Who's got the rum?
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

tailgaitingph wrote: March 13, 2020 2:15 pm
springparrot wrote: March 13, 2020 12:28 pm Morning BNers

No, it's not worth it. Surprised they haven't postponed it
I keep waiting for a message.
And it looks like rain. TBones is covered but the sides are open
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Yesterday I got a call from work's "Health and Well-Being Team" (frankly, I had no idea such a thing existed).

The nice chap was asking about my recent overseas travel. Because we are a defence contractor, we are obliged to report overseas travel to the federal government. One of our security morons has seen my travel debrief and decided to flag it with Health and Well-Being because of Covid-19.

The guy asked my when I returned (it's in the debrief) I said Feb 29. His next question was if I was self isolating? I asked why would I?

He said because you been to Indonesia and it is a country of risk. I said "read the debrief again. I have been to Vanuatu. I've never been anywhere near Indonesia."

He said that security believes that Vanuatu is a province of Indonesia. I replied that it is a different country, in a different part of the world and that the security team is comprised of morons and other fools who couldn't get a job anywhere else.

He said it might still be a good idea to self-isolate anyway, to which I replied "I returned on the 29th, today is the 13th, isolation is for 14 days, today is the 14th day and I am not showing and signs or symptoms. As I am working from home anyway, you can consider the self-isolation done.

He said "I'll close the job and speak to security to suggest they do some geography lessons".
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
big john
Under My Lone Palm

Post by big john »

.…...and now the governor just closed all the K-12 schools in PA for 10 business days starting March 16.
Who's got the rum?
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Saltx3 wrote: March 13, 2020 6:35 am Good Morning Everybody!

Are you a believer in superstition?
I forgot to answer this morning. Yes and no. The number 13 never bothered me. I played softball from when I was 19 until either 55 or 56, I don't remember. I was #13 for all but 2 of those years. One year the guy who ran the team decided we needed new uniforms and he just went and bought them without asking anyone what number they wanted. I was #7 that year. When I played on the law firm's team, they didn't get #13 one year so I was #3.

On the other hand, I had a routine I went through before every at bat. I would walk to the batter's box holding the bat in my left hand, smooth the dirt out with my right foot, then switch the bat to my right hand, reach down and pick a pebble off the ground and toss it behind me. I had to do it every time.

I was on the track team in high school and I did some things at every meet. My school's colors were blue and white, I wore blue socks in every race. Before the race I would stand at the starting line and just look straight ahead, I never acknowledged any of my opponents. Didn't even shake hands with them. And I always wore sunglasses when I ran. 8)
big john
Under My Lone Palm

Post by big john »

Rabbitz wrote: March 13, 2020 3:34 pm Yesterday I got a call from work's "Health and Well-Being Team" (frankly, I had no idea such a thing existed).

The nice chap was asking about my recent overseas travel. Because we are a defence contractor, we are obliged to report overseas travel to the federal government. One of our security morons has seen my travel debrief and decided to flag it with Health and Well-Being because of Covid-19.

The guy asked my when I returned (it's in the debrief) I said Feb 29. His next question was if I was self isolating? I asked why would I?

He said because you been to Indonesia and it is a country of risk. I said "read the debrief again. I have been to Vanuatu. I've never been anywhere near Indonesia."

He said that security believes that Vanuatu is a province of Indonesia. I replied that it is a different country, in a different part of the world and that the security team is comprised of morons and other fools who couldn't get a job anywhere else.

He said it might still be a good idea to self-isolate anyway, to which I replied "I returned on the 29th, today is the 13th, isolation is for 14 days, today is the 14th day and I am not showing and signs or symptoms. As I am working from home anyway, you can consider the self-isolation done.

He said "I'll close the job and speak to security to suggest they do some geography lessons".
Although our systems of government are different, they appear very similar at times. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Rabbitz wrote: March 13, 2020 3:34 pm Yesterday I got a call from work's "Health and Well-Being Team" (frankly, I had no idea such a thing existed).

What John said...they sound just as smart as our guys [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]