Back at it Monday @ The MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Back at it Monday @ The MSC

Post by jbfinscj »

Good morning
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Re: Back at it Monday @ The MSC

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning cj and BN!! :)

Nice to see ya here, cj!! :D

Had a good weekend - and now it's time for another fun (NOT) payroll Monday.. Is it too early for an adult beverage??

TTFN!! :)
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead

Post by jbfinscj »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 19, 2021 8:06 am Good morning cj and BN!! :)

Nice to see ya here, cj!! :D

Had a good weekend - and now it's time for another fun (NOT) payroll Monday.. Is it too early for an adult beverage??

TTFN!! :)
Thanks Penny, sometimes it’s nice to come “home.”

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good Morning BN'ers! Happy Monday :D

Had a loaded Saturday as I had mentioned on Friday. Mother Nature cooperated nicely for our annual Family Reunion, albeit a small group & shorter one than normal. Had a few cuz's making 2-3 hour drives...think we had 30 of us. It was late planning this year due to Uncle Covid being a factor to some for not coming. With no longer having any living Aunts or Uncles (or my parents) out of the 9 children of my Grandparents it is a bit somber thinking about things used to be like.

Saturday night review of the Thorogood, Fogerty, ZZ Top show kinda went like this. Ended up have pretty food seats....about 16 rows back pretty well centered on the floor. Thorogood played a good set, intermingled with the crowd well & was great as an opener.

Fogerty is just plain Awesome! So much spark & energy while recreating those CCR tunes. Of course he's got his share of "Solo" hits as well....Centerfield being the centerpiece 8) Much like Jimmy, at 76 years of age Fogerty looks to be having a damn good time on stage. His show is definitely headliner quality!! He's got 2 sons playing with him too so I'm sure he's stoked about that!

Prior to ZZ Top coming on stage, we had already decided we'd gotten our moneys worth so was a good chance we wouldn't be staying for full set. I've seen ZZ maybe 4 times prior as it was. We could see it was gonna be a zoo getting out of the venue & we had a 1 1/2 hr plus drive home ahead of us. According to the venue powers that be, apparently they had to be done by 10:55. They wouldn't hit the stage until 10 pm :o Bassist Dusty Hill had to be walked verrrry verrrrry slowly onto the stage with a roadie holding him under the arm. He was leaned up against some kind of equipment onstage to commence playing. I hadn't heard of anything physically wrong with him lately, so wasn't sure if he had a recent ailment or was stirring up some pre shows drinks. I'm suspecting the former though....but I did see Lead man Billy Gibbons shooting a few glances Dusty's way like he was keeping an extra eye on him. Regardless, their list of songs are great, but they're over using the fuzzy guitar sound that's cool on some tunes. One of my fave staples of their show, "Waitin''For The Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago" medley was brutal. Another of my faves, "Pearl Necklace was rough too. We ended up seeing almost half their set according to the concert setlist. I can't see anymore ZZ shows in my future though.

Enjoy your day Gang!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning all. Ken. I've seen GT several times and have never seen Fogerty, but would like to see both. One ZZ Top song and I'm good for a month. My wife likes them and at one point, she had their CD in her car stereo for weeks. [smilie=asa.gif]
Last edited by bodypainter on July 19, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. I have a couple of errands to run and I better get them done this morning. According to the local weather guessers we could have 2-3 inches of rain today, but it isn't supposed to start until about 2:00pm.
Dr.Corona wrote: July 19, 2021 9:03 am Saturday night review of the Thorogood, Fogerty, ZZ Top show kinda went like this. Ended up have pretty food seats....about 16 rows back pretty well centered on the floor. Thorogood played a good set, intermingled with the crowd well & was great as an opener.

Fogerty is just plain Awesome! So much spark & energy while recreating those CCR tunes. Of course he's got his share of "Solo" hits as well....Centerfield being the centerpiece 8) Much like Jimmy, at 76 years of age Fogerty looks to be having a damn good time on stage. His show is definitely headliner quality!! He's got 2 sons playing with him too so I'm sure he's stoked about that!

Prior to ZZ Top coming on stage, we had already decided we'd gotten our moneys worth so was a good chance we wouldn't be staying for full set. I've seen ZZ maybe 4 times prior as it was. We could see it was gonna be a zoo getting out of the venue & we had a 1 1/2 hr plus drive home ahead of us. According to the venue powers that be, apparently they had to be done by 10:55. They wouldn't hit the stage until 10 pm :o Bassist Dusty Hill had to be walked verrrry verrrrry slowly onto the stage with a roadie holding him under the arm. He was leaned up against some kind of equipment onstage to commence playing. I hadn't heard of anything physically wrong with him lately, so wasn't sure if he had a recent ailment or was stirring up some pre shows drinks. I'm suspecting the former though....but I did see Lead man Billy Gibbons shooting a few glances Dusty's way like he was keeping an extra eye on him. Regardless, their list of songs are great, but they're over using the fuzzy guitar sound that's cool on some tunes. One of my fave staples of their show, "Waitin''For The Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago" medley was brutal. Another of my faves, "Pearl Necklace was rough too. We ended up seeing almost half their set according to the concert setlist. I can't see anymore ZZ shows in my future though.

Enjoy your day Gang!
The first concert I ever saw was Creedence Clearwater Revival and I've seen Fogerty solo several times. When he opened for Buffett in Frisco a few years ago I felt like I could have left after his set and not really missed anything by not seeing Buffett play, Fogerty was that good.

I've never seen George Thorogood or ZZ Top. I was going to see Thorogood here at the House of Blues about 4 or 5 years ago but the show was cancelled. There was a hurricane heading up the coast and it was supposed to hit the Carolinas the day of his show. I had tickets to see ZZ Top once when I still lived in NY but I couldn't make it to the show. I don't remember why, but it was before I retired so I probably got stuck working late. I also missed them the year they opened for Buffett in Frisco. I went to 8 of the 10 Frisco shows but that was one of the 2 I missed.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Mornin BN'ers..

heading out for travel and this week is going to be "Dive Bar" visit week. Will start tomorrow in Magna, UT
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Good afternoon. I logged onto the local newspaper's website and found this item:
"Jimmy Buffet musical ‘Escape to Margaritaville’ is coming to Hershey Theatre".
Two shows Oct 5 and 6. I might have to check it out. Hershey's about a 20-30 minute
drive for me depending on the traffic. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester

Post by jbfinscj »

big john wrote: July 19, 2021 12:26 pm Good afternoon. I logged onto the local newspaper's website and found this item:
"Jimmy Buffet musical ‘Escape to Margaritaville’ is coming to Hershey Theatre".
Two shows Oct 5 and 6. I might have to check it out. Hershey's about a 20-30 minute
drive for me depending on the traffic. :pirate:

Hmmm, I may have to consider that. I’ll be honest, I didn’t love the soundtrack.

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Good Monday afternoon BN.
Back to livin' Floridays
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: July 19, 2021 1:32 pm Good Monday afternoon BN.
Cheers All
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

WOW.......posting from the ATL Sky Club, which normally blocks me....maybe this is the start of something good to come. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

Sang and I were at the same JB/Fogerty show. Loved seeing jb and the reefers standing off stage watching Fogerty. Nice to see mysicians appreciate musicians.

Haven't seen Thorogood but have seen ZZ Top a few times. They really put on a show ....usually. Always amazed how much noise the 3 of them can make!!!!

Larry...did ZZ TOP open for Buffett?? I know one year they were suppose to but Dusty broke sonething and Jerry Jeff and band filled in.
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Molly, i responded to your question in yesterdays thread.

i believe ZZ did open for Jimmy a few times a few years back. It was a Texas show where JJW filled in however. :pirate:
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

I bought Bryan tix to see Ted Nugent and ZZ Top for his birthday quite a few years back. It was an awesome concert! We would love to see Fogerty.

My boss lady stopped by and picked up the rest of the flower shop supplies we have had in the various storage spaces since we shut down our business just after 9/11. I'm just glad that a lot of stuff will get used up instead of going to the landfill.

I made Bryan some cookies today. (trying to use up some ingredients so we won't have to move them) We're going to have an easy dinner tonight. Grilled Black Peppercorn Chicken on a tossed salad. Right now....it's margarita time 🍹
You're Killing Me Smalls
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

springparrot wrote: July 19, 2021 4:00 pm Afternoon BNers

Sang and I were at the same JB/Fogerty show. Loved seeing jb and the reefers standing off stage watching Fogerty. Nice to see mysicians appreciate musicians.

Haven't seen Thorogood but have seen ZZ Top a few times. They really put on a show ....usually. Always amazed how much noise the 3 of them can make!!!!

Larry...did ZZ TOP open for Buffett?? I know one year they were suppose to but Dusty broke sonething and Jerry Jeff and band filled in.
I also was at a stadium show where Fogerty opened for Jimmy. Even though we sat behind home plate & the stage was in CENTERFIELD, Fogerty rocked that one too. Crowd couldn't stop talking about it.
Yes, you're spot on. Dusty's had some issues over the years. Broke something slipping on tour bus back in 2014 (year Fogerty slipped into some tour stops), had an issue with Hepatitis C, shot himself accidently once. I'm gonna have to scour the net & see what the deal was this weekend.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

springparrot wrote: July 19, 2021 4:00 pm Larry...did ZZ TOP open for Buffett?? I know one year they were suppose to but Dusty broke sonething and Jerry Jeff and band filled in.
According to the setlist database, Billy Gibbons joined the band for one song at the 2017 Frisco show. I wasn't at that one but I thought Gibbons was there because ZZ Top was the opening act.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

ZZ Top canceled Wednesdays show due to a health problem with one of its members.
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

moog wrote: July 19, 2021 6:09 pm ZZ Top canceled Wednesdays show due to a health problem with one of its members.
Hmmmm
Guess we have figured it out. Dusty has had a few health issues recently. Hope he gets better....❤
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

MICHIPHIN wrote: July 19, 2021 4:13 pm Molly, i responded to your question in yesterdays thread.

i believe ZZ did open for Jimmy a few times a few years back. It was a Texas show where JJW filled in however. :pirate:
Thanks. I remember the situation but not all the details....it was a very long time ago. ☺