Hooray for Friday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Re: Hooray for Friday @ the MSC

Post by melon59 »

moog wrote: September 10, 2021 1:43 pm Chemo will start after radiation therapy. Have Bone Myeloma 8 percent. Will also be getting stem cell transplant from my own body after chemo. I'll be in hospital 2 weeks in the fall.
((((Moogy))))
You're Killing Me Smalls
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

So, my car was NOT ready yesterday...I'm trying to be hopeful that we can go pick it up this evening.

The granite company owner called Bryan late yesterday afternoon and gave him some story about how the slab is a natural product and there can be natural fissures in the stone that makes it weak and prone to breakage...blah blah blah. I totally understand that but what about the fact that it broke, your guys did a sloppy glue job, installed it and hoped that I wouldn't notice it and your company would get one over on us? Bryan hasn't decided what we're going to do...our options are have a new piece cut and installed (which means the dishwasher, the disposal, the faucet etc will all have to be uninstalled and reinstalled) or a discount. The amount of the discount has not been determined. I'll have to try to bite my tongue and not curse every time I feel and see it! Oh yeah...the slab alone cost $4199.00😡😡😡

And we found out yesterday that a high school friend of ours whom we have kept in touch with over the years (our kids grew up together) found out a couple of weeks ago that she has terminal thyroid cancer and has been to consults at Ohio Health in Columbus, Oh and at Cleveland Clinic. They have given her a few months. My heart breaks for her husband, kids and grandkids.💔
You're Killing Me Smalls
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

melon59 wrote: September 10, 2021 5:55 pm The granite company owner called Bryan late yesterday afternoon and gave him some story about how the slab is a natural product and there can be natural fissures in the stone that makes it weak and prone to breakage...blah blah blah. I totally understand that but what about the fact that it broke, your guys did a sloppy glue job, installed it and hoped that I wouldn't notice it and your company would get one over on us? Bryan hasn't decided what we're going to do...our options are have a new piece cut and installed (which means the dishwasher, the disposal, the faucet etc will all have to be uninstalled and reinstalled) or a discount. The amount of the discount has not been determined. I'll have to try to bite my tongue and not curse every time I feel and see it! Oh yeah...the slab alone cost $4199.00😡😡😡 >>> Such nerve.

And we found out yesterday that a high school friend of ours whom we have kept in touch with over the years (our kids grew up together) found out a couple of weeks ago that she has terminal thyroid cancer and has been to consults at Ohio Health in Columbus, Oh and at Cleveland Clinic. They have given her a few months. My heart breaks for her husband, kids and grandkids.💔
(((Tammy)))
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

moog wrote: September 10, 2021 2:54 pm
SMLCHNG wrote: September 10, 2021 2:11 pm
moog wrote: September 10, 2021 1:43 pm Chemo will start after radiation therapy. Have Bone Myeloma 8 percent. Will also be getting stem cell transplant from my own body after chemo. I'll be in hospital 2 weeks in the fall.
Sigh. What does the 8 percent represent? Is the 2 week stay for the transplant?
It's 8 percent cancer. Yea 2 weeks stay for transplant.
(((moogli)))
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

We have a good friend who is in the "granite" business. She explained to us that granite is a rock, and that the colors and patterns are things that they can't control. When we built this current house, and were picking out pieces (large slabs that would eventually get cut down) and pointing out the portions which we liked due to the color patterns, she pointed out on a few pieces some spots which she thought would crack or break over time if they were near the edges. We are learned that any granite which has "blue" in it, is rare and you will pay for it.
Last edited by MICHIPHIN on September 10, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

A close family friend had a hip replacement in June and was walking out of the clinic today after her last PT appointment. Yay!
She tripped on the carpeting in the lobby and fell and wound up in the ER with a broken wrist. In a couple of days she'll have surgery and then it's back to PT! It is dangerous out there! :o
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

So you're saying that the thoughtful co-worker that had 9/9 in the pool is SOL? (It sucks to be them.)

Since we're not in the same local (and not eligible for the pool), we're all just going to go ahead and plan for your full recovery and the appropriate celebration.

Seriously, let us know if there's anything we can do. You've seen what this group can do!
"Nonsense! I have not yet begun to defile myself." - Doc Holliday
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Amen to that.....
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

E....you guys didn't do Red Rocks? (That is on my bucket list)

I figured you would have hooked up with the Phin man and been riding in the pick up
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

But I DID do the PH Meeting in Morrison, CO some years back......LOL !!!! :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

MICHIPHIN wrote: September 10, 2021 9:43 pm E....you guys didn't do Red Rocks? (That is on my bucket list)
Nope. This show was a reschedule from 2020.. We saw him there in 2016, and not much can top that show. :)
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

Thanks Ron.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

:( Oh good grief, Tammy.
Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

MICHIPHIN wrote: September 10, 2021 9:43 pm E....you guys didn't do Red Rocks? (That is on my bucket list)

I figured you would have hooked up with the Phin man and been riding in the pick up
I tied balloons to the mailbox and waited, but Phinster and Jeffrey never showed up.

... so I worked 11 hour days this week and listened to the shows on RM. :pirate:
"Nonsense! I have not yet begun to defile myself." - Doc Holliday
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: September 10, 2021 9:22 pm A close family friend had a hip replacement in June and was walking out of the clinic today after her last PT appointment. Yay!
She tripped on the carpeting in the lobby and fell and wound up in the ER with a broken wrist. In a couple of days she'll have surgery and then it's back to PT! It is dangerous out there! :o
:o :o :-? :-? Oh goodness.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Sending Phin Power!!!!
ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

So sorry to hear this. We will be praying for you. Don just had his first oncologist visit yesterday. Cancer sucks.
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Lots of phin power headed for moogy. /) /) /)

Debbie
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

MICHIPHIN wrote: September 10, 2021 9:22 pm We have a good friend who is in the "granite" business. She explained to us that granite is a rock, and that the colors and patterns are things that they can't control. When we built this current house, and were picking out pieces (large slabs that would eventually get cut down) and pointing out the portions which we liked due to the color patterns, she pointed out on a few pieces some spots which she thought would crack or break over time if they were near the edges. We are learned that any granite which has "blue" in it, is rare and you will pay for it.
Oh yeah, blue granite is gorgeous and you will definitely have to pay for it. Our was called London White...
You're Killing Me Smalls
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

moog wrote: September 10, 2021 3:57 pm It's not all bad. Good chance of remittance

Here's to you being the Remittance Man and all going well. Much love headed to you for a full recovery and minimal side effects during treatment.
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......