Tropical TUES @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Tropical TUES @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning Everyone!

It's a little more tropical here today than yesterday's pleasant weather. I don't like humidity....that is all :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Tropical TUES @ the MSC

Post by dnw »

Good morning, Linda and BN. Happy Tuesday! :D :D :D

Debbie
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning, Linda and Debbie. We ate breakfast at a cute diner with a Coco Cola theme. I over indulged.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Good morning all! I don't post in the social area often, but wanted to say hello and wish everyone a VERY HAPPY National Rum Day!

Looking forward to logging off work and enjoying a few more rum drinks than usual later today. Hope you can do the same! Cheers all :pirate:
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

Already feels like 100. Ugh

Most of the local school districts have started except Houston. Way too early..

Anorher Astros game this evening against Chicago. Astros lost yesterday 2-4. Just couldn't hang on.

Everyone stay cool.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

SharkysMV1 wrote: August 16, 2022 9:55 am Good morning all! I don't post in the social area often, but wanted to say hello and wish everyone a VERY HAPPY National Rum Day!
Looking forward to logging off work and enjoying a few more rum drinks than usual later today. Hope you can do the same! Cheers all :pirate:
:D Stop by anytime! But next time, bring the rum! ;)
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good afternoon kids.

Today we have ANOTHER survey - this one is from "The Joint Commission", instead of the State. Fun times. :roll:

We had flooding rains in the Denver area yesterday. It was hell driving home. :o Today it's currently 64, and raining again. We need it, but not ALL at once! :roll:

It's also 77 in my office, and we're dying and cranky.

That is all.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

SharkysMV1 wrote: August 16, 2022 9:55 am
Good morning all! I don't post in the social area often, but wanted to say hello and wish everyone a VERY HAPPY National Rum Day!

Welcome back, Josh! :wench:

Evening, peeps. 8)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

SharkysMV1

Post by SharkysMV1 »

lime rickie wrote: August 16, 2022 4:17 pm
SharkysMV1 wrote: August 16, 2022 9:55 am

Welcome back, Josh! :wench:

Evening, peeps. 8)
Thank you! And yes, I promise to bring the rum next time. Hope everyone is doing well.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I got an email from paypal. I would be charged 800$. I called the 877 number and a foreign accent wanted me to cancel my account, then open a new one. A dog was barking in the background. I haven't used paypal in years. I hung up and called my credit card to check on fraud. They agreed I was smart to hang up. We get scamms on the phone daily, but to have it appear on my personal email grates my cheese! I then called pay pal and got another foreign accent. He asked was the call to an 888 number and I sald,"877." He verified fraud and they would block any scam purchase.

Where's that rum????!!!!
SharkysMV1

Post by SharkysMV1 »

bodypainter wrote: August 16, 2022 5:37 pm GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I got an email from paypal. I would be charged 800$. I called the 877 number and a foreign accent wanted me to cancel my account, then open a new one. A dog was barking in the background. I haven't used paypal in years. I hung up and called my credit card to check on fraud. They agreed I was smart to hang up. We get scamms on the phone daily, but to have it appear on my personal email grates my cheese! I then called pay pal and got another foreign accent. He asked was the call to an 888 number and I sald,"877." He verified fraud and they would block any scam purchase.

Where's that rum????!!!!
Awful and scary that this can happen. Kudos to you for thinking quickly to hang up and verify through your credit card company. Many people are not so lucky.

Sending you a boat drink with extra mount gay rum :pirate:
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SharkysMV1 wrote: August 16, 2022 9:55 am Good morning all! I don't post in the social area often, but wanted to say hello and wish everyone a VERY HAPPY National Rum Day!

Welcome back. 😊
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
SharkysMV1

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Saltx3 wrote: August 16, 2022 6:26 pm

Welcome back. 😊
Thank you! That settles it; I'm stopping by here much more often from now on.
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Evening all.

We got just a tad of a late start today for our ride to Apalachicola. There were a few pop up storms on the radar which were all moving off shore so we thought we were ok. We made it through the back bay of Destin and into a small channel which takes you down to Panama City. Normally there are just a few fuel barges passing thru, but at times a lot of debri in the water so you need to be careful. The water thru there is almost orange due to the run off of the clay roads. Anyways, we just entered that channel when it started pouring, and then the lightening started. The storms were building and backing up to the north. Hard to see the channel, but if you go just SW of Lynn Haven on the below, that is where we made it to. A small bar and grill with a spot to safely park at is where we stopped for the evening and won't attempt to get any further this evening. Grill had a good grilled Trigger Fish which we enjoyed. No facilities so we will be "stinky" arriving tomorrow.

Was able to contact the Marina in Apalachicola and inform them of our delay. They wouldn't refund us the docking fee for tonight, but did extend it for an additional evening at no cost. So just adds a day to the adventure.

2.jpg
2.jpg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 320 times
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

Glad you checked in Michi. We saw that nasty waterspout off Destin this morning and were thinking of you. Better to be safe and stinky for sure. You went thru some wild weather.
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

bodypainter wrote: GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I got an email from paypal.....
I had a call today... The caller ID said NORDSTROM but a lady in a heavily accented voice said "This is Kathleen from Medicare. I am calling you today to see if you received your new Medicare benefit." I said "you're calling from Medicare? What new benefit?" She hung up. :roll:

Are any of you getting the daily 'Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Settlement' scam emails like I am? It seems like they'd quit after a week or so, but they haven't. :evil:
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: August 16, 2022 9:20 pm
I had a call today... The caller ID said NORDSTROM but a lady in a heavily accented voice said "This is Kathleen from Medicare. I am calling you today to see if you received your new Medicare benefit." I said "you're calling from Medicare? What new benefit?" She hung up. :roll:

Are any of you getting the daily 'Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Settlement' scam emails like I am? It seems like they'd quit after a week or so, but they haven't. :evil:
Camp lejeune. Every. Single. Day. Many times a day.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: August 16, 2022 9:20 pm

My daily call is fraud on my Amazon account. I don't have an Amazon account. :lol:
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good evening.
Those damn fraudulent calls are such a PIA. Call at work today & caller ID showed one of my clients phone numbers.
Obviously when I picked up within 2 seconds I knew it was a “junk” call as I call em. CLICK!

Hope all you pirates out there got your fill of rum today.
Arrgh ‼️
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

MICHIPHIN wrote: August 16, 2022 7:01 pm Evening all.

We got just a tad of a late start today for our ride to Apalachicola. There were a few pop up storms on the radar which were all moving off shore so we thought we were ok. We made it through the back bay of Destin and into a small channel which takes you down to Panama City. Normally there are just a few fuel barges passing thru, but at times a lot of debri in the water so you need to be careful. The water thru there is almost orange due to the run off of the clay roads. Anyways, we just entered that channel when it started pouring, and then the lightening started. The storms were building and backing up to the north. Hard to see the channel, but if you go just SW of Lynn Haven on the below, that is where we made it to. A small bar and grill with a spot to safely park at is where we stopped for the evening and won't attempt to get any further this evening. Grill had a good grilled Trigger Fish which we enjoyed. No facilities so we will be "stinky" arriving tomorrow.

Was able to contact the Marina in Apalachicola and inform them of our delay. They wouldn't refund us the docking fee for tonight, but did extend it for an additional evening at no cost. So just adds a day to the adventure.

2.jpg
Yikes!
Glad ya'll are safe. ❤️