Remembering Connie Saturday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Remembering Connie Saturday @ the MSC

Post by lime rickie »

Good morning, pholks. Glad we are all here.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

alphabits
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by alphabits »

Good morning (again), all y'all! (I just had to throw a little "southern" in for Lulu)

Managed to get several hours of fitful sleep and now the day beckons.
Much happening at Intemperance Island this weekend - 2 (count 'em 2) baby showers for my daughter. One today for her friends and her husband's friends (and their spouses) and one tomorrow for family. Bonzo's gonna be busy ..... :wink:

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

Morning!

Sitting here waiting for my sister to start her treatment today. Came by to post. I spent many of mornings chatting with Connie here about this and that. We were some of the early morning crew back in the day.
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

alphabits wrote:Good morning (again), all y'all! (I just had to throw a little "southern" in for Lulu)

Much happening at Intemperance Island this weekend - 2 (count 'em 2) baby showers for my daughter. One today for her friends and her husband's friends (and their spouses) and one tomorrow for family. Bonzo's gonna be busy ..... :wink:
Have fun, Bitsy. :D
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 39
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

Good morning everyone

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning.

I posted this in the Sail On thread, enjoy every sandwich.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Shrinky2015
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by Shrinky2015 »

Good Morning MSC..

Haven't said that in a long while. In 2006 the first thing I would do when I got to work was check in at the MSC to say hello to everyone. I can't remember what we talked about every day.. All day... But we all just kind of hung out just to be with each other in this virtual coffee shop. This was the first time in my life that I felt part of something amazing. This group of people had welcomed me unconditionally, never having met me in person. Connie was one of the first peeps to do this. She made me laugh a lot. 9 years later I never got to meet her..and I still haven't met a lot of you either. Even still.. I consider you closer friends and family than some people that I have known my whole life. I had posted before that I lost my way for a while and it upsets me that it took the passing of a dear friend to bring me back. Today is a new day and I won't forget who and what is truly important in my life. Rest in peace sweet Connie and thank you for the unconditional love and laughter. ((((( c ))))))
NYCsharkling/Shrinky/Shrinky2015
ImageImage

KaseywithaK
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice, Barometer Soup
Favorite Boat Drink: OBP beer & Landshark

Post by KaseywithaK »

I'm so glad that the video was done and aired on Margaritaville TV before the Key West show.
Rest in peace, Connie.
Kasey w/ a "K""

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by CheeseHead in Paradise! »

I'm overwhelmed by the love for Connie pouring out of these pages. It' makes me proud to belong to BN. So many kind, compassionate and loyal people (past & present), it helps make living in this upside down world a little easier. Thank you, BN phriends!

Sail on, Connie...

John

CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

Change is inevitable. As we get older, our priorities change, our habits change. New jobs, new homes, new children.

BN, as of late, has not been the great melting pot that it once was. It's OK, everything comes and goes. As time goes on, in the real world, we often only get together in times of sorrow. Holidays have even lost their sense of gathering. For our group here, gathering is still a JB concert, when we can commit to it. This year, I will not be attending any, not even my local show at Alpine. So my only connection to my friends here is BN, whether it be via Facebook, or right here. It is not often enough that it is here.

But today, many of us old-school BN people have wandered back into the forums to say hello and to remember our dear friend Connie. It is sad that it was her time to go. We will all remember her fondly. But in times of loss, I prefer to think of the good times, rather than the sad. Remember her for who she was, not for what has happened. And on that note, I wish to thank Connie. For one day at least, we have chosen to gather at the place that the majority of us first met her, the MSC on BN. There are a lot of familiar names here today. For one day at least, Connie has brought us all together again.

Connie, thank you for the memories, and thank you for helping us all find our way home, even if just for a short time. We will miss you.

CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

And as if I needed any reminder of where my internet home really is and should be, yesterday I was stupid and clicked on one of those internet quizzy-link things. "Who is your ideal roommate?"

The page analyzed my FB wall and came up with a name.

Duckett Duck.

parrotsgirl
<font color=purple>I Love the Now</font>
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: tequila
Location: In NH..but really wherever my "cowgirl" heart takes me

Post by parrotsgirl »

Good Afternoon Everyone....

Thought I'd stop in and see how everyone was holding up....

and hoping to find some smiles...which I have....It's always good to be home
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go Insane"

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The Myrtle Beach Pelicans have several events during the season to raise money for various cancer-related causes. I'm sure part of the reason they do it is because Bruce Dal Canton, who was their pitching coach for 10 years, died of esophageal cancer 7 years ago. Earlier this year they wore special "Strike Out Cancer" jerseys in one game and are auctioning them online. The auction doesn't end until August 15, I have a bid in on one of the jerseys. In 2 weeks they're doing a "Pink In The Park" promotion where the players will be wearing special jerseys and those will also be auctioned at the game. I plan on getting one of them. Tonight they're having a silent auction of more than 100 items for Fierce Fallon, a local girl who has brain cancer. I have a ticket to go see a guy named Corey Smith at the House of Blues tonight. Showtime isn't until 9:00, tonight's Pelicans game starts at 7:05. I just went online and bought a ticket. I don't know what type of items they'll have at the silent auction but I have a wallet full of credit cards and I'm not afraid to use them.

parrotsgirl

Post by parrotsgirl »

Well that is awesome Larry....Can't wait to see what you get at the auction...and take pics at the Pink in the Park game...those are always awesome..

Thanks...I knew I'd get a smile and you did it....

This crew....amazing...that is all

pbans
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by pbans »

Just dropping some love.....having to power through a work day after a long night.
((((phriends))))
Paige in Utah
"Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on"

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

alphabits wrote:Good morning (again), all y'all! (I just had to throw a little "southern" in for Lulu)

A baby shower!
How wonderful!!!!!
:D

parrotsgirl

Post by parrotsgirl »

pbans wrote:Just dropping some love.....having to power through a work day after a long night.
((((phriends))))
((((Paige))))

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

LIPH wrote:The Myrtle Beach Pelicans have several events during the season to raise money for various cancer-related causes. I'm sure part of the reason they do it is because Bruce Dal Canton, who was their pitching coach for 10 years, died of esophageal cancer 7 years ago. Earlier this year they wore special "Strike Out Cancer" jerseys in one game and are auctioning them online. The auction doesn't end until August 15, I have a bid in on one of the jerseys. In 2 weeks they're doing a "Pink In The Park" promotion where the players will be wearing special jerseys and those will also be auctioned at the game. I plan on getting one of them. Tonight they're having a silent auction of more than 100 items for Fierce Fallon, a local girl who has brain cancer. I have a ticket to go see a guy named Corey Smith at the House of Blues tonight. Showtime isn't until 9:00, tonight's Pelicans game starts at 7:05. I just went online and bought a ticket. I don't know what type of items they'll have at the silent auction but I have a wallet full of credit cards and I'm not afraid to use them.
I love it (((Larry)))

OMG
JD is playing Beautiful Swimmer......the words are perfect

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

These are the jerseys that are being auctioned online. The sleeve says K OUT CANCER. In case you don't know, "K" is the symbol for a strike out.

parrotsgirl

Post by parrotsgirl »

LIPH wrote:These are the jerseys that are being auctioned online. The sleeve says K OUT CANCER. In case you don't know, "K" is the symbol for a strike out.
those are awesome....and yeah, I knew what the K stood for :wench: [smilie=battingeyes.gif]