Remembering Connie Saturday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Re: Remembering Connie Saturday @ the MSC

Post by jbfinscj »

parrotsgirl wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:
If you got that from Bonzo and it tastes like rain water from a rusty barrel....well, you might want to get a tetanus shot
That's real beer. Bonzo is busy helping Bits on Intemperance Island today.

Who gave him the night off?
he's in baby shower mode, so we need to cut him some slack I guess :wench:

He's a monkey, do you not realize how many kids and grandkids he has....hundreds. This excuse hasn't worked in years.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

Connie was just the best...From the first time that I met her in 2006, she was so friendly to me.
She called me out of the blue a few times back then.
Then a few years passed without me seeing her, although we did communicate every now and then online or by phone.
I regret that I did not spend as much time as I wished I had with her.
She was a straight shooter. Even just days ago when I told her about a personal problem via FB messenger, she gave me great advice.
She even asked me about it when I visited her just a couple of days ago. She really cared.
The last couple of times that I visited her, we had some good talks. Some laughs. It was terrible seeing her in pain.
She was so proud of Fernandina Beach and even drove me on a tour around the town back in March,
and then again in April when Garry and I visited her.
I will never ever think of Fernandina Beach, flamingos or a cup of coffee again without thinking of her.
Love you Lulu :-D
Last edited by sonofabeach on July 25, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"

parrotsgirl
<font color=purple>I Love the Now</font>
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: tequila
Location: In NH..but really wherever my "cowgirl" heart takes me

Post by parrotsgirl »

sonofabeach wrote:Connie was just the best...From the first time that I met her in 2006, she was so friendly to me.
Then a few years passed without me seeing her, although we did communicate every now and then online or by phone.
She was a straight shooter. Even just days ago when I told her about a personal problem via FB messenger, she gave me great advice.
She even asked me about it when I visited her just a couple of day ago. She really cared.
The last couple of times that I visited her, we had some good talks. Some laughs. It was terrible seeing her in pain.
She was so proud of Fernandina Beach and even drove me on a tour around the town back in March,
I will never ever think of Fernandina Beach, flamingos or a cup off coffee again without thinking of her.
thanks for sharing those memories....she was a one in a million that's for sure
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go Insane"

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

sonofabeach wrote:Connie was just the best...From the first time that I met her in 2006, she was so friendly to me.
She even asked me about it when I visited her just a couple of days ago. She really cared.
I will never ever think of Fernandina Beach, flamingos or a cup of coffee again without
'thinking of her.
Michael??? I didn't know you were on BN!!!! Thanks for your avatar pic that I recognize from FB :D
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

sonofabeach
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

Saltx3 wrote:
I will never ever think of Fernandina Beach, flamingos or a cup of coffee again without
'thinking of her.
Michael??? I didn't know you were on BN!!!! Thanks for your avatar pic that I recognize from FB :D
Yep. Despite what my join date says, I've been on here since early 2000. I don't post nearly as much as I used to.
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"

alphabits
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by alphabits »

Evening goobers and goobettes. [smilie=hiya.gif]

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I will never ever think of Fernandina Beach, flamingos or a cup of coffee again without thinking of her.
AMEN!!! I think 2006 is when we 1st met too, in person that is , at The Topless Phlocking!!!....on line I joined in 2003 under another name

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

alphabits wrote:Evening goobers and goobettes. [smilie=hiya.gif]
How did the showers go?

docandjeanie
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie »

parrotsgirl wrote:
She even asked me about it when I visited her just a couple of day ago. She really cared.
I will never ever think of Fernandina Beach, flamingos or a cup off coffee again without thinking of her.
thanks for sharing those memories....she was a one in a million that's for sure
Beautifully written, Michael :)
ImageImageImage

alphabits
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by alphabits »

springparrot wrote:
How did the showers go?
Part 1 went very well. Probably had 40-45 guests today. Much food and many beverages were consumed and a good time was had by all. Part deux, for family members, is tomorrow.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Went to the Pelicans game since it was another "Strike Out Cancer" day. Bid on one item in the silent auction. Someone outbid me. I bid on another item that nobody had bid on. Got outbid on that one too. I bid on 2 more items, won them both. Didn't win anything in the raffle. Left in the 7th inning to go to the House Of Blues to see Corey Smith. I thought he was better last month at the Carolina Country Music Festival when it was just him and his guitar instead of the 4 piece band he had with him tonight.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

alphabits wrote:
springparrot wrote:
How did the showers go?
Part 1 went very well. Probably had 40-45 guests today. Much food and many beverages were consumed and a good time was had by all. Part deux, for family members, is tomorrow.
[smilie=upyeah.gif]
Sounds perfect!
I hope Bonzo behaved himself?

springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

LIPH wrote:Went to the Pelicans game since it was another "Strike Out Cancer" day. Bid on one item in the silent auction. Someone outbid me. I bid on another item that nobody had bid on. Got outbid on that one too. I bid on 2 more items, won them both. Didn't win anything in the raffle. Left in the 7th inning to go to the House Of Blues to see Corey Smith. I thought he was better last month at the Carolina Country Music Festival when it was just him and his guitar instead of the 4 piece band he had with him tonight.
You are going to have to move to a new place with all the auctions you are winning. :)