Hot Dog WED @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Re: Hot Dog WED @ the MSC

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 18, 2018 12:36 pm I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to livin' Floridays
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Now I need everyone to cross their fingers for my eldest she-keet [smilie=battingeyes.gif] - she's interviewing with Google in Silicon Valley today......
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

woo hoo for Penny!
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Ahoy! I fished and had dinner on the gazebo. I'm getting better typing with my thumbs on this phone. Molly is nowhere in sight. I have been.looking for her. :D
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

MICHIPHIN wrote: July 18, 2018 2:40 pm
SMLCHNG wrote: July 18, 2018 12:36 pm I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]
I always knew you make it into the medical field.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I actually WILL be, of sorts. Admin Assistant at Kindred Hospital. :D
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: July 18, 2018 4:31 pm Now I need everyone to cross their fingers for my eldest she-keet [smilie=battingeyes.gif] - she's interviewing with Google in Silicon Valley today......
And toes!!!!!!!!
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Dr.Corona wrote: July 18, 2018 3:57 pm Congratulations Penny! Perseverance paid off!
A trip to Lone Tree for celebration sounds like the ticket to me!! :wink:
Thanks, Ken. That and knowing someone who works there. ;) Always a LT celebration. :D
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

LIPH wrote: July 18, 2018 2:24 pm He smiles like a doofus and says "have a nice day." I don't smile and say "learn how to f'n drive, a$$hole." He's younger than I am. I don't get my a$$ kicked. :lol:
What a huge doofus. :roll:
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Yay!!!!!!!!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Thanks, everyone. :D For the congrats, and listening to me and my job hunting woes for all this time. :D
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 18, 2018 7:33 pm Thanks, everyone. :D For the congrats, and listening to me and my job hunting woes for all this time. :D
As they say, "Good things come to those who wait." I am so excited for you!

We had hot dogs for dinner because it is a national holiday :) Cleaned out my car today and finally vacuumed up all the salt from the winter and washed out the dust and grime and uck. Washed the outside, too. Hopefully that will bring rain since we need it something awful in Michigan.

I love that we are on page 3 of the MSC. It is kinda like old times :)
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

LIPH wrote: July 18, 2018 2:24 pm I go to the ballpark and get my free baseball tickets. I stop and get my haircut. I go to the supermarket and get my muffins, and a few other things that I needed. I pay for my stuff and go outside to get to my car. There's a stop sign right outside the entrance to the store so people can walk to their cars without getting mowed down. Some guy is driving through the lot in a big a$$ SUV. Foolish person that I am, I assume he's going to stop at the stop sign. He goes right through it and has to slam on his brakes to keep from hitting me. I walk in front of his car and point at the stop sign, which is now behind him. He rolls down his window and sticks his head out like he's going to say something to me. I say "you're supposed to stop at a stop sign." He smiles like a doofus and says "have a nice day." I don't smile and say "learn how to f'n drive, a$$hole." He's younger than I am. I don't get my a$$ kicked. :lol:
I took my she-keet to the airport yesterday and at SEA-TAC departures they have two drop-off lanes and two thru traffic lanes. I pulled into the outside drop-off lane to let her out and as I was trying to pull back out into traffic, an Uber car pulled up alongside me and parked in the traffic lane. The driver got out of his car and started going towards the curb. I hollered at him he couldn't park there and that he was blocking me in. He said he wasn't parked there. I said that he certainly was, he was out of his car and it was in my way. He told me he'd be right back. As I've gotten older, I've found I have less and less time for idiots and I told him "move your car you dumb f--k!" An airport cop (Port of Seattle Police) came over and told him to move and Uber points at me and says "arrest him, he abused me!" "What did he do?" asked the cop. ""He called me a dumb f--k!" "Well, you are parked in the middle of the road" replied the cop.... :roll:
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

:D Thanks, Mel!!!

We're having brinner.. French toast, sausage and bacon. AND champagne. :D

LOL @ Mr. SPH!!!!! I love it!!!!
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: July 18, 2018 7:42 pm
LIPH wrote: July 18, 2018 2:24 pm I go to the ballpark and get my free baseball tickets. I stop and get my haircut. I go to the supermarket and get my muffins, and a few other things that I needed. I pay for my stuff and go outside to get to my car. There's a stop sign right outside the entrance to the store so people can walk to their cars without getting mowed down. Some guy is driving through the lot in a big a$$ SUV. Foolish person that I am, I assume he's going to stop at the stop sign. He goes right through it and has to slam on his brakes to keep from hitting me. I walk in front of his car and point at the stop sign, which is now behind him. He rolls down his window and sticks his head out like he's going to say something to me. I say "you're supposed to stop at a stop sign." He smiles like a doofus and says "have a nice day." I don't smile and say "learn how to f'n drive, a$$hole." He's younger than I am. I don't get my a$$ kicked. :lol:
I took my she-keet to the airport yesterday and at SEA-TAC departures they have two drop-off lanes and two thru traffic lanes. I pulled into the outside drop-off lane to let her out and as I was trying to pull back out into traffic, an Uber car pulled up alongside me and parked in the traffic lane. The driver got out of his car and started going towards the curb. I hollered at him he couldn't park there and that he was blocking me in. He said he wasn't parked there. I said that he certainly was, he was out of his car and it was in my way. He told me he'd be right back. As I've gotten older, I've found I have less and less time for idiots and I told him "move your car you dumb f--k!" An airport cop (Port of Seattle Police) came over and told him to move and Uber points at me and says "arrest him, he abused me!" "What did he do?" asked the cop. ""He called me a dumb f--k!" "Well, you are parked in the middle of the road" replied the cop.... :roll:
Ha! Both these stories sound like something I'd do. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

big john wrote: July 18, 2018 11:55 pm
SeattleParrotHead wrote: July 18, 2018 7:42 pm
Ha! Both these stories sound like something I'd do. :pirate:
Yes they do, Big John!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 18, 2018 7:54 pm :D Thanks, Mel!!!

We're having brinner.. French toast, sausage and bacon. AND champagne. :D

LOL @ Mr. SPH!!!!! I love it!!!!

And all this time I thought you were still "doing" Achmed.............who is Mr. SPH
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Marnin Grita Guy »

I just heard! Congratulations to Queen Penny of the Perfect Hair on employment fitting a mind as worthy as hers!
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Marnin Grita Guy wrote: July 19, 2018 9:45 pm I just heard! Congratulations to Queen Penny of the Perfect Hair on employment fitting a mind as worthy as hers!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks, Barry.
Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Marnin Grita Guy »

Mater Paneer as I recall? Capable of holding a pen upright? Miss seeing you friend!
MICHIPHIN wrote: July 18, 2018 2:37 pm Holy Crap, the MSC is on the second page? Is this place coming back to life?

For those that recall, this week is the week that i visit the hotel that had the un-describable item. Wish that photo still existed.