New Margaritaville Locations, etc.

Buffett News and Comments

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Post by Guest »

A little parakeet at Margaritaville Orlando told me that the Miami Margaritaville is "dead," and that the Panama City Margaritaville is delayed indefinitely.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica, is scheduled to open in early February 2002 with an appearance by JB.

Other locations currently under discussion (but none expected to open until at least 2003) are Philadelphia (Delaware Avenue), Las Vegas (near Caesar's), and Syracuse (near or as part of the new aquarium). There was also a minor rumbling about a potential Cancun location.

There's also a possible "Midnight Madness" for the release of the "Far Side of the World" CD at Margaritaville Orlando.

Post by Guest »

I just don't get it, why won't he open one in Southern California? That place would always be jumping. Besides the huge group of Parrotheads out here, Southern California is one of the largest tourist attractions in the world and there are several really great locations/tourist traps. For example Disney has a city walk area they opened up last year also Universal has a city walk the Irvine Spectrum even Newport Beach. Whats the deal man? Well I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for Vegas.
volcanohead
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by volcanohead »

What about the rumor of a Margaritaville opening up in the Mall of America in Minnesota? I want to get back into bartending but only with the right atmosphere. This would be perfect.
BuffettFan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by BuffettFan »

How about ATLANTA !!

We would love a Margaritaville here !
Cuervo
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: ACE
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricanes

Post by Cuervo »

I must of talked to the same person at the Orlando Margaritaville. They told me the Miami cafe was dead because of "political"
problems. I'm just sad because I live within biking distance from the proposed site.
Maybe it was for the best. I could have become the "Norm" of the Margaritaville.
MOTM 2006
When did you get here?
Double shot of rum...
~~ Splash~~ of Coke,
4am, Green Parrot, I lost everyone....
The Curse continues

csfd1996
I have found me a home

Post by csfd1996 »

Say it is'nt so, I have been waiting for so long. Oh well more road trips to Orlando...
SO FLA FINS
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

Yes, the Panama City cafe is delayed because some "citizens" (read numbnuts) got a "judge" (read numbnut) to halt construction of the entertainment complex that was to include a Margaritaville cafe. Lawyers for the St. Joe Company are taking it to the Florida Supreme Court so they can resume construction. So now it appears the cafe may not be ready until 2003, if they decide to go ahead with the project. I finally found info at the newsherald.com web site, the Panama City area newspaper.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have any specific info. on when JB might be in Ocho Rios?
I will be on a cruise that stops there on March 21, seeing this date is so close to the release date of the new CD I thought I might get lucky and see the man in person at the opening of the new Margaritaville!!

Post by Guest »

Feb. 23rd per margaritaville.com
ATLparrothead
I have found me a home

Post by ATLparrothead »

Hey BuffettFan...
Where do you live in Cumming? My husband and I just bought a house and moved up there. Its wonderful but the commute is hell.
"I wanna be where the green of the gulf meets the blue of the sea"

Post by Guest »

They could out the Margaritaville where Planet Hollywood used to be in Atlanta!
tikipapa
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes

Re:

Post by tikipapa »

volcanohead wrote:What about the rumor of a Margaritaville opening up in the Mall of America in Minnesota? I want to get back into bartending but only with the right atmosphere. This would be perfect.
I live within walking distance of the Mall of America and I can guarantee you there is a Margaritaville opening there very soon. My Dad is a mall walker and goes by the restaurant often. It says late Spring for opening but no exact date. It has several bars, restaurant and live music area.
Cuervo
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: ACE
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricanes

Re:

Post by Cuervo »

Cuervo wrote: January 25, 2002 5:02 pm I must of talked to the same person at the Orlando Margaritaville. They told me the Miami cafe was dead because of "political"
problems. I'm just sad because I live within biking distance from the proposed site.
Maybe it was for the best. I could have become the "Norm" of the Margaritaville.
Oh how time have changed...... Now I could be the Norm of the PCB M'ville ;)
MOTM 2006
When did you get here?
Double shot of rum...
~~ Splash~~ of Coke,
4am, Green Parrot, I lost everyone....
The Curse continues