Ctsearay
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Juicy Fruit, Son of a Sailor, Death of an unknown Poet
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Corona & Landshark

Re: The current backlog of shows to be posted Updated 08-13-2022

Post by Ctsearay »

Thanks for all you guys do!

Can't wait for Jones Beach 2022 it was a great show, AFTER the monsoon downpours at the start of the concert lol :D
______/)__ Fins UP ___/)______

Margaritaville XM/Sirius 24

Jones Beach 2010
2018 3rd ROW Center!
2020 2nd ROW Center!
2021 COVID cancelled our front row tickets
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

I really don't mean to pile on to the list here, and if SL is not able to add these due to his real work/workload, I completely understand, but wasn't sure if the audio from most of the Cabin Fever (virtual tour) video replays will be posted. Most of the videos are uploaded, but I was wondering about the audio for them.

Thank you!
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

SharkysMV1 wrote: August 16, 2022 2:33 pm I really don't mean to pile on to the list here, and if SL is not able to add these due to his real work/workload, I completely understand, but wasn't sure if the audio from most of the Cabin Fever (virtual tour) video replays will be posted. Most of the videos are uploaded, but I was wondering about the audio for them.

Thank you!
You are correct in that there are audio recordings that are not uploaded from the Cabin Fever tour, I will PM Sunlover and let him know
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

I understand that life happens, but if Sunlover is unable to edit the shows in the backlog, why not let the person who said that they had editing software edit the shows and post them to jokelben? It’s unfair to keep putting pressure on Sunlover because you won’t let someone else edit and post the shows.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

sandman78 wrote: August 19, 2022 8:47 pm I understand that life happens, but if Sunlover is unable to edit the shows in the backlog, why not let the person who said that they had editing software edit the shows and post them to jokelben? It’s unfair to keep putting pressure on Sunlover because you won’t let someone else edit and post the shows.
You should PM Sunlover with your concerns, he is able to edit the shows and he and I discussed this issue last week during the Mansfield show.

The problem with letting someone else edit and upload is that Sunlover cannot share uploading access to the jokelben cloud server as it his paid for cloud drive/server.

During our discussion last week I mentioned that it possible to have audio software auto edit the shows into tracks very easily. He checked the software he uses which is, Adobe Audition, and found that it does have auto editing capabilites. Hopefully this will speed things up and relieve the backlog fairly quickly.
just jon
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by just jon »

FWIW, I would wait for quality editing rather than auto-editing ... It's a place to start, but editing is an art as much as a science: How much do you leave of the applause at the end how much leads in to the next? Where do you cut the banter to mark the lead-in to the next song versus the out from the previous one? Auto-edit works fine when you're ripping a tape or record (or a CD that is a single track, as some used to be back in the day), or breaking up an interview with gaps of silence, etc ... not so great for a continuous concert.

IMO SunLover has done a great job, and it's worth waiting for the quality.

jon

(Yes, I work for a radio station, yes I edit audio in Audition and other software every day, yes I want to volunteer to help, no I don't actually have time, and no I don't want to step on SunLover's toes or take away what he likes doing.)
Reason #6 to quit your job and move to Key West: Everybody stares at me when I drink margaritas at meetings.

- Quit Your Job And Move To Key West: The Complete Guide
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

sandman78 wrote: August 19, 2022 8:47 pm I understand that life happens, but if Sunlover is unable to edit the shows in the backlog, why not let the person who said that they had editing software edit the shows and post them to jokelben? It’s unfair to keep putting pressure on Sunlover because you won’t let someone else edit and post the shows.
You have 40 plus years of shows on jokelben. Listen to the band when they are in their prime and give SunLover time as he does this for free.

Everything is 100 times better prior to 2014 anyway. Enjoy all the shows 8)
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
Ctsearay
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Juicy Fruit, Son of a Sailor, Death of an unknown Poet
Favorite Boat Drink: Corona & Landshark

Post by Ctsearay »

WORD

#TRUE

Don't make a hobby a job, then you can never have a license to chill :D . Been there done that failed on a personal mental health level because you have no escape. :pirate:
______/)__ Fins UP ___/)______

Margaritaville XM/Sirius 24

Jones Beach 2010
2018 3rd ROW Center!
2020 2nd ROW Center!
2021 COVID cancelled our front row tickets
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Re: The current backlog of shows to be posted Updated 09-12-2022

Post by urlcenter »

Update: As you can see by the number of shows that Sunlover has posted, he is working through the backlog of shows as quick as he can hopefully he will have it all cleared up before the start of the October shows
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Re: The current backlog of shows to be posted Updated 09-12-2022

Post by SMLCHNG »

And tho I don't download any, I thank Sunlover profusely for all the work that he does!! :)
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Re: The current backlog of shows to be posted Updated 09-25-2022

Post by sandman78 »

Any idea when the Mansfield show will be posted?

Thanks!

Sandy
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Re: The current backlog of shows to be posted Updated 09-25-2022

Post by urlcenter »

sandman78 wrote: October 9, 2022 11:59 am Any idea when the Mansfield show will be posted?

Thanks!

Sandy
Sunlover is posting the shows in the order he recorded them so there are three before the Mansfield show
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Re: The current backlog of shows to be posted Updated 01-22-2323

Post by urlcenter »

Backlog list has been updated as of 01-22-23
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Re: The current backlog of shows to be posted Updated 02-25-2023

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Hi URL and SunLover - Just wanted to see if the audio from the virtual tour replays will be available soon? I am eagerly yet patiently awaiting the 7/30/94 Greatwoods show and the Bora Bora show both in audio format if possible. I believe there are others but those two are high on my list.

Thanks so much
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty