Here Is Another Link Of The Wantagh, NY 1997. 08.20.97 wma files
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kFzwr ... TBNqnplmcv
JulianJabs
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 2

Re: Jokelben Complete Show list as of 10-27-2019

Post by JulianJabs »

Here Is The Link Wantagh, NY 1996 wma files. So you can add this show to the server. 08.22.96
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11kpj4 ... ebLfToSmyE
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

JulianJabs wrote: March 10, 2020 8:45 am Here Is The Link Wantagh, NY 1996 wma files. So you can add this show to the server. 08.22.96
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11kpj4 ... ebLfToSmyE
The files you have uploaded to Google drive are either incomplete or corrupt and cannot be used.

We appreciate efforts to add to the jokelben server however collection damaged or incomplete files are of no use.

Also all audio files are available as high quality mp3 files not wma format. wma files are quite large and would take up too much space on the server.
JulianJabs
Southeast of disorder

Post by JulianJabs »

what website do you find the mp3 files on jokelben server?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

JulianJabs wrote: March 12, 2020 11:48 pm what website do you find the mp3 files on jokelben server?
You need to become a jokelben member in order to obtain access to the server go to the following website to become a member:

http://www.jokelben.com
JulianJabs
Southeast of disorder

Post by JulianJabs »

I am a member. Can you tell me the website?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

JulianJabs wrote: March 13, 2020 11:15 am I am a member. Can you tell me the website?
You should have received the information via an email when you joined, the server information is never posted in this forum
JulianJabs
Southeast of disorder

Post by JulianJabs »

What is the website? Can you at least tell me?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

JulianJabs wrote: March 14, 2020 10:11 pm What is the website? Can you at least tell me?
http://www.jokelben.com
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: April 29, 2019 11:34 amTreasure Box
The entire Jokelben server is a treasure box! It really is an incredible resource.

There are so many great shows on there that I couldn't even really feel justified in asking for any that might happen to be missing, but top of my want list (of the very few that are) would be Mansfield 2000.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

atmarler26 wrote: April 3, 2020 2:05 pm
urlcenter wrote: April 29, 2019 11:34 amTreasure Box
The entire Jokelben server is a treasure box! It really is an incredible resource.

There are so many great shows on there that I couldn't even really feel justified in asking for any that might happen to be missing, but top of my want list (of the very few that are) would be Mansfield 2000.
Everything we have is on the server the two 2000 Mansfield shows are on our want list as well which you can view here:

Jokelben Want List
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

[/quote]Everything we have is on the server the two 2000 Mansfield shows are on our want list as well which you can view here:

Jokelben Want List[/quote]

That's how I confirmed it was one of the few shows missing was by looking at that list. There are of course already more shows than anyone could possibly ask for that ARE on the Jokelben server (can't think of any other performer for whom you could find such an archive!) but with that said, it does make you wonder why Radio Margaritaville in its very first year of existence WAS able to broadcast the Mansfield shows in 1999 but not the ones the following year. Since Great Woods is obviously one of his most popular tour stops, you'd think if there was any shows they would have made sure to try and stream it would have been those two. Back then there could have easily been technical difficulties, of course.

He played Please Come To Boston at one of those shows according to the database. There is already a version of Please Come To Boston in the "Church of Buffett" section of Jokelben....not sure if that is the same one or not.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

atmarler26 wrote: April 4, 2020 1:32 pm
Everything we have is on the server the two 2000 Mansfield shows are on our want list as well which you can view here:

Jokelben Want List[/quote]

That's how I confirmed it was one of the few shows missing was by looking at that list. There are of course already more shows than anyone could possibly ask for that ARE on the Jokelben server (can't think of any other performer for whom you could find such an archive!) but with that said, it does make you wonder why Radio Margaritaville in its very first year of existence WAS able to broadcast the Mansfield shows in 1999 but not the ones the following year. Since Great Woods is obviously one of his most popular tour stops, you'd think if there was any shows they would have made sure to try and stream it would have been those two. Back then there could have easily been technical difficulties, of course.

He played Please Come To Boston at one of those shows according to the database. There is already a version of Please Come To Boston in the "Church of Buffett" section of Jokelben....not sure if that is the same one or not.
[/quote]

Radio Margaritaville did broadcast the 2000 GW shows it is just that there are no available recordings for us to upload.

Radio Margaritaville began streaming in March 1999 using what was then pretty low quality streaming the streams were 32Kbps and 64kpbs. Many of those early nights of recording live shows of from were far from perfect depending how one was connected to the net and what the connections were like at each venue. The streams were offered in two format Real Media and Windows Audio.

Some shows would stream very clear while others would be very choppy with drop outs which were usually the result of the connections on the venue end of things.

When Jimmy made the deal to add Radio Margaritaville to Sirius/XM Satellite radio the quality of the live streams improved by what seemed like 1000%. Since 2005 the audio for all shows has been recorded using Sirius/XM's live streaming instead of the online version of RM.

Sunlover, who is the owner of the jokelben server, captures all live concert audio from Sirius/XM via a fiber optic internet connection. He also captures the live video streaming from Margaritaville TV in either 720 or 1080 HD. Even with the Sirius/XM streaming there have been some occasions where there have been audio issues when that happens Sunlover uses the Margaritaville TV audio for the show's audio recording.

As for the shows we don't have, Sunlover monitors the weekly concert replays on RM for any shows we don't have and better quality versions of shows we already have
JulianJabs
Southeast of disorder

Post by JulianJabs »

What Happened To The High Download Traffic On Jokelben Server Are You Working On It?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

The server is locked until the traffic counter resets there is nothing Sunlover or I can do about it
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

Does anyone have the Great Woods 1994 show or the Bora Bora show available? I am interested in the audio please.

Thanks!

Sandy
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

sandman78 wrote: April 23, 2020 10:48 am Does anyone have the Great Woods 1994 show or the Bora Bora show available? I am interested in the audio please.

Thanks!

Sandy
Sunlover has both of the shows but he cannot upload at the present time to the server being inaccessible. Once access has been restored Sunlover can resume uploading the backlog of shows he has not yet uploaded
JulianJabs
Southeast of disorder

Post by JulianJabs »

What kind of converter do you use to convert the HTML files to MP3 from Buffettnews? Can you at least tell me?
JulianJabs
Southeast of disorder

Post by JulianJabs »

I am interested on hearing the Jones Beach Wantagh, NY 08.20.97 Can you upload it and add it to the server!

Thanks, Julian
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

JulianJabs wrote: May 20, 2020 10:20 am I am interested on hearing the Jones Beach Wantagh, NY 08.20.97 Can you upload it and add it to the server!

Thanks, Julian
We DO NOT have a copy of that show to upload, please stop asking for it