2021 Ravens/Notorious DIG/Mustangs

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Re: 2021 Ravens/Notorious DIG/

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: June 17, 2021 5:54 pm Ryanne is a badazz. So is Bub.

And they are both lucky to have such a supportive uncle, badazz in his own right. :wench:
Cannot thank you enough for the compliment.

I am the luckiest SOB on the planet. These two amazing humans are the living embodiment of what I think their great-grandfathers represented. What I strive to be, it has been put away. This weekend we are going Mr. Ironwood and Mr. Pittman.

The only things in this world that make any sense to me are those two Wonders and I am tired of being on an island. That changes tomorrow. And if it works out I will let you all know.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

johnson2113 wrote: June 17, 2021 6:26 pm

And they are both lucky to have such a supportive uncle, badazz in his own right. :wench:

I am the luckiest SOB on the planet. These two amazing humans are the living embodiment of what I think their great-grandfathers represented. What I strive to be, it has been put away. This weekend we are going Mr. Ironwood and Mr. Pittman.

The only things in this world that make any sense to me are those two Wonders and I am tired of being on an island. That changes tomorrow. And [when] it works out I will let you all know.
Please do that, love seeing the updates on the kids' progress, and yours, too. :D
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: June 17, 2021 6:34 pm
johnson2113 wrote: June 17, 2021 6:26 pm

The only things in this world that make any sense to me are those two Wonders and I am tired of being on an island. That changes tomorrow. And [when] it works out I will let you all know.
Please do that, love seeing the updates on the kids' progress, and yours, too. :D
What Lime said!
Please keep us updated!!
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Re: 2021 Ravens/Notorious DIG/Mustangs

Post by SMLCHNG »

lime rickie wrote: April 9, 2021 6:30 pm And yeah, they have gone from toddlers to teens in 60 seconds. :o
You are such a good uncle, Jerred. They will have memories forever with all the photos.
Absolutely, positively AGREE!!!!!! :D :D

I can NOT believe how big they are, and SO talented!!!
johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Re: 2021 Ravens/Notorious DIG/Mustangs

Post by johnson2113 »

SMLCHNG wrote: June 17, 2021 9:20 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 9, 2021 6:30 pm And yeah, they have gone from toddlers to teens in 60 seconds. :o
You are such a good uncle, Jerred. They will have memories forever with all the photos.
Absolutely, positively AGREE!!!!!! :D :D

I can NOT believe how big they are, and SO talented!!!
Ryanne has played absolutely amazingly, in summer volleyball and softball. The softball team is mostly made up of a rival volleyball team. The coaches have praised her after every game, they asked her to come back in the fall.

Bub, he doesn't amaze me, he just proves everything I have ever believed about him. And he amazes me, there is no way he could not.

I can remember so many little things about all these games. Hundreds of baseball game and what I can remember, amazes me. This last weekend, he did something, and I knew almost exactly where to find what I was looking for.

A few years ago we had some guys guest play on the Ravens, their team asked Bub to guest play a few weeks later. It was a AAA team and I watched and wondered why are the Ravens not AAA. Those players were not anymore impressive than anything I have seen out of our guys, and they proved it by earning their way to AAA status.

Then I began to wonder about major level. I found out this weekend, it's not about talent, skill, mechanics, it's a culture, it's a lifestyle. Bub filled in for a major team, and it was as if he had been playing with them his whole life. Again these guys didn't have better mechanics or skill, they were into the game, they are ballplayers. Every second of the game their focus was on the game. One of the old Ravens had left to join this team, Bub's best friend, so it wasn't a bunch of strangers for him. They all embraced him as a teammate. It was amazing to watch.

The first night he came into catch. Caught the pop up and didn't hesitate to double up the runner at first, he didn't have to worry about his first baseman not paying any attention.

The third game, he went yard. The team was out of the dugout before he was to first, waiting on him at the plate. It was awesome!

As far as growing up fast, on the left was almost his first home run. On the right was his most recent home run. As soon as he rounded the bag, I knew I would be digging for that picture, five years and one week earlier.

The coach was calling my sister and brother in law Saturday morning, recruiting him. If he wasn't the glue, lynch pin, heart and soul of the Ravens...