Anybody got any Phin Power to spare?

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Re: Anybody got any Phin Power to spare?

Post by Bicycle Bill »

HEY, GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE!

Got some x-rays of my leg and left shoulder yesterday (the 13th), and am approved for full weight-bearing (as much as I am able to tolerate, anyway) on my left leg and 'moderate' use of the left arm. They're talking about maybe one more week of therapy and strengthening here, and then sending me back home to fend for myself again.

And since my right wrist is almost fully healed, they've given me something called a 'demi-walker' to get around with and I'm doing quite well with it. We even pulled the rehab's minivan up outside the doors to the rehab area and I was able, with the aid of a portable step, to get up into it and behind the wheel!! (of course, with my own minivan I'll then have to pull the step up after me using a length of paracord and park it on the seat alongside myself ... but I can live with that)

So thanks for all the support, thoughts, cards, and prayers. You guys already know it but I'll say it anyway ... you're the greatest!!

-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good deal!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Fantastic news BB!!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Great news, you’ll be rolling up on that reunion in style. :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Awesome !!!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Glad to hear you're heading home Bill !!

Happy Home recuperation !! 8)
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.
Who's got the rum?
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Glad you're getting to go home, Bill!
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BEEP - da - da - BEEP - da - da - BEEP - BEEP !!

FLASH !!!    LATEST UPDATE !!!

I am finally back home, in my chair in front of my laptop, a cold can of non-alcoholic refreshment close to hand.  It's a bit of a challenge navigating in a small, crowded apartment, but I'm managing and things are slowly returning to something resembling 'normal'.

Thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts and all the good vibes that were coming my way.  It was a big help knowing that I wasn't alone with this.

I've spoken to the management at the MSC; stop in sometime over the weekend and tell 'em "Beebs sent ya", and your first boat drink is on me.

('Bicycle Bill'  =  -"BB"-  =  two 'B's  =  'Beebs', a nickname someone coined for me a long time ago on the RAGBRAI website's forum)

-"BB"-
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Bicycle Bill wrote: July 20, 2022 10:13 pm BEEP - da - da - BEEP - da - da - BEEP - BEEP !!

I am finally back home, in my chair in front of my laptop, a cold can of non-alcoholic refreshment close to hand.  It's a bit of a challenge navigating in a small, crowded apartment, but I'm managing and things are slowly returning to something resembling 'normal'.

Thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts and all the good vibes that were coming my way.  It was a big help knowing that I wasn't alone with this.

I've spoken to the management at the MSC; stop in sometime over the weekend and tell 'em "Beebs sent ya", and your first boat drink is on me.

('Bicycle Bill'  =  -"BB"-  =  two 'B's  =  'Beebs', a nickname someone coined for me a long time ago on the RAGBRAI website's forum)

-"BB"-
[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=upyeah.gif]
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Bicycle Bill wrote: July 20, 2022 10:13 pm BEEP - da - da - BEEP - da - da - BEEP - BEEP !!

-"BB"-
This is great news! Now be careful !!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

Hey Bill!! Just saw this for the first time today, but of course with my Alpine preparations I’ve been thinking of you, and wondering what you’re up to these days.

Prayers and PHIN power for continued progress!!
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

How is your recovery going, Beebs?

Also, do you get confused with Justin Bieber? I think that may be his nickname, too. :lol: :P

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Just seen this post.

Hope all is much better.....

(I don't know how to do that phins symbol)
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Hey Bill, hope the at home rehab and recovery is moving along. :wench:

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

How was the reunion, Bill?

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Bicycle Bill »

lime rickie wrote: July 25, 2022 6:28 pm How is your recovery going, Beebs?

Also, do you get confused with Justin Bieber? I think that may be his nickname, too. :lol: :P
lime rickie wrote: July 30, 2022 3:53 pm Hey Bill, hope the at home rehab and recovery is moving along. :wench:
lime rickie wrote: August 22, 2022 6:23 pm How was the reunion, Bill?
I'll try to answer all these at once.

First, I have never, not ever, been mistaken for Justin Bieber, nickname notwithstanding, and even if I live for another 60-plus years I don't think it's ever gonna happen.

My recovery is going just fine.  It took me a little while to re-arrange a couple pieces of furniture to be able to get around with the hemi-walker (and to clear out the stuff I'd left in the refrigerator that had turned into science projects ... I had some cheese slices that looked more like a $20 bill, and there was a carton of sour cream that was about three days away from becoming a sentient life form of its own), but I'm well-established now and living a proper dome-stick (domestic) existence.

Now, about five weeks after getting home, I'm able to put full weight on my 'bad' leg, and have on more than one occasion stepped off thirty to forty feet or more without benefit of the walker (although I was carrying it with me just in case).  Sometime this week I'm going to head over to Goodwill or the Salvation Army resale shop in my area to see if I can find one of those aluminum canes with the four-legged foot and put the hemi-walker aside once and for all.  I know they're available at Walgreens but they want almost $40 for them, so if I can find a used but still serviceable one for maybe ten bucks, why not?

The reunion went well.  Friday night was basically a glorified cocktail party/meet-and-greet at a local riverside resort; dress was casual so I showed up in dark pants and a Hawaiian-print shirt.  We all had name tags, of course, with scans of our graduation photos from the yearbook on them.  Needless to say, almost NO ONE looked anything at all like they had back then ... and I'm not speaking strictly over the difference to the various hair colors over the years.

Met and talked with several people from my days back in HS; saw lots of other who I didn't know — but since I was part of a class of over 500, only attended the school during my junior and senior years, and was already working a part-time after-school job so my social life was more-or-less non-existent, that's understandable.

Saturday was a dinner party at a fancier riverfront eatery; this time I matched the black pants with a black short-sleeve dress shirt and contrasting tie, and topped them with a tan sport jacket.  Most of the same people were there, and I ended up seated at a table with a girl (well, at our current ages, a woman) named Lynda, who I hadn't seen since roughly sixth grade when she transferred out of parochial school and into the public school system.  I guess I had forgotten she was in my class (see the above note about class size, etc).  She's married, of course, and living in Oregon, but her husband opted not to come, so we spent an enjoyable evening talking about old times.  Even then, I still felt about as nervous and self-conscious as a fourteen-year-old in a phy-ed social dance class forced into having to hold a girl in his arms for the first time.

Grabbed a couple of photos on my camera; if I can figger out how to move them from the camera to my computer maybe I'll post them.  I WAS able to send a couple of the pics of myself and Lynda via SMS to my younger sister, and she allowed that I do clean up pretty good when I want to.
-"BB"-
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Glad your recovery is going well, Bill, and glad you made it to the reunion. [smilie=coolup.gif]

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Nice you're doing well, Bill. I'm tech impaired and posting pics is the high-water mark I have achieved.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Bicycle Bill wrote: August 30, 2022 1:15 am
lime rickie wrote: July 25, 2022 6:28 pm How is your recovery going, Beebs?

lime rickie wrote: July 30, 2022 3:53 pm Hey Bill, hope the at home rehab and recovery is moving along. :wench:
lime rickie wrote: August 22, 2022 6:23 pm How was the reunion, Bill?
I'll try to answer all these at once.

First, I have never, not ever, been mistaken for Justin Bieber, nickname notwithstanding, and even if I live for another 60-plus years I don't think it's ever gonna happen.

My recovery is going just fine.  It took me a little while to re-arrange a couple pieces of furniture to be able to get around with the hemi-walker (and to clear out the stuff I'd left in the refrigerator that had turned into science projects ... I had some cheese slices that looked more like a $20 bill, and there was a carton of sour cream that was about three days away from becoming a sentient life form of its own), but I'm well-established now and living a proper dome-stick (domestic) existence.

Now, about five weeks after getting home, I'm able to put full weight on my 'bad' leg, and have on more than one occasion stepped off thirty to forty feet or more without benefit of the walker (although I was carrying it with me just in case).  Sometime this week I'm going to head over to Goodwill or the Salvation Army resale shop in my area to see if I can find one of those aluminum canes with the four-legged foot and put the hemi-walker aside once and for all.  I know they're available at Walgreens but they want almost $40 for them, so if I can find a used but still serviceable one for maybe ten bucks, why not?

The reunion went well.  Friday night was basically a glorified cocktail party/meet-and-greet at a local riverside resort; dress was casual so I showed up in dark pants and a Hawaiian-print shirt.  We all had name tags, of course, with scans of our graduation photos from the yearbook on them.  Needless to say, almost NO ONE looked anything at all like they had back then ... and I'm not speaking strictly over the difference to the various hair colors over the years.

Met and talked with several people from my days back in HS; saw lots of other who I didn't know — but since I was part of a class of over 500, only attended the school during my junior and senior years, and was already working a part-time after-school job so my social life was more-or-less non-existent, that's understandable.

Saturday was a dinner party at a fancier riverfront eatery; this time I matched the black pants with a black short-sleeve dress shirt and contrasting tie, and topped them with a tan sport jacket.  Most of the same people were there, and I ended up seated at a table with a girl (well, at our current ages, a woman) named Lynda, who I hadn't seen since roughly sixth grade when she transferred out of parochial school and into the public school system.  I guess I had forgotten she was in my class (see the above note about class size, etc).  She's married, of course, and living in Oregon, but her husband opted not to come, so we spent an enjoyable evening talking about old times.  Even then, I still felt about as nervous and self-conscious as a fourteen-year-old in a phy-ed social dance class forced into having to hold a girl in his arms for the first time.

Grabbed a couple of photos on my camera; if I can figger out how to move them from the camera to my computer maybe I'll post them.  I WAS able to send a couple of the pics of myself and Lynda via SMS to my younger sister, and she allowed that I do clean up pretty good when I want to.
-"BB"-
Cool [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] Just hit me it's been 45 since I've been out of school