Huskies/MC Mustangs/KC Storm/BTL Hornets

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Huskies/MC Mustangs/KC Storm/BTL Hornets

Post by johnson2113 »

(I should have added the Ravens, to the title, maybe, probably, definitely.)

My good friend, Doc, Levon Helms' tour manager, once said, "Call the cops, I don't care."

Their are six people, I care only what they think, and at this point, I don't. I am doing my own thing, and we will not even get into what is going on with "MY" page, for now.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Whoever said that, was full of it. Nothing is staying the same. Okay maybe 50/50, 60/40, 75/25, 80/20... I don't know. I would like to say "I don't know and I don't care." But I care way too much.

There was this music group, they sang,

"Be true to your school now
Just like you would to your girl or guy
"

I grew up in the world in which that is, was all I know. We played for our school. Elementary, then high school, college, etc.

And now it is whichever color "flies higher."

Now I am living in a world by another songwriter who sang,

"I feel I’m stranded on a sandbar
Stuck in my tracks like a street car
Playin’ it for all that it’s worth
I’m just payin’ for my sins on earth
"

Now, don't get me wrong, "I enjoy this life as a jester", but I would like to find someone who wants to be as crazy as I have become and wants to be as equally set in their ways.

I spend all my free time making my "stuff". Ninety-five percent of my stuff is custom, clothes, shoes, sunglasses, hats. I have made more Ravens logos than I can count, more baseball cards, more Notorious D.I.G., Mustangs that is up in the air, Huskies, I'm only getting one season there, who the hell knows what I will be next year. Ravens, Owls, Eagles, Falcons, God willing I won't be a Hawk.

I believe in creating something, being something, building something. Now, that is what I believe, believing in something much bigger than myself.

So, God willing, we do not lose another football season. If not for one of our GREAT coaches, we had a season, albeit flag, for the boys last year. Now it's time for the dads to sit down and let the young men actually learn something, so hopefully the Huskies season isn't taken from them.

The MC Mustangs, had a good enough showing in the summer, the coaches decided to play a fall season. Ryanne kicked some serious butt and impressed.

The Notorious DIG, our players are breaking away, and creating a new team, KC Storm. I hate it when people add KC something, and Storm, we have kicked every Storm teams a [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] ess. Whatever I know the core members of the team

I only thought Bub was going to fill in, for the Hornets. He did twice and it was and was lured by the vibe of the team. I can't blame him for one second. Those ballplayers were into it from beginning to end. The Ravens do not have that mentality. He has to be thinking about getting some exposure beyond this season and into high school. He can be recruited, he is that damn good.

So, this fall season it will be the PRT Huskies, KC Storm, volleyball, BTL Hornets, baseball, and MC Mustangs, softball. And I have a message into the coach of the Ravens to continue shooting the rest of the guys that I have put so much time and effort into.

I am sitting here going through pictures, and I have been trying to consolidate all my sports pictures to one folder, and I have my music on random and "The Dance" by Garth Brooks comes on, and I am not an emotional guy, even if I put my emotions to everything I do and that song hits hard as I am doing this and I have a picture of two of my guys that I shot my first season of baseball and they won't play the next season together.

Here they are two guys that did not know a thing a baseball when they started and now they are the top 2% of baseball players in Kansas and Missouri. And now they will be on different teams. Almost 10 years of baseball together, if anything is going to be emotional for me, this is it.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Re: Huskies/MC Mustangs/KC Storm/BTL Hornets

Post by johnson2113 »

I'm pulling quadruple duty, with football, baseball, volleyball, softball, right now.

I'm running pictures through photoshop so I can upload them, thank goodness for shooting RAW, it fixes almost all of my mistakes. I have time to go back and read the last updates, but I don't even know what I rant about before, now, or later.

Bub's to useful anywhere, so he hasn't been catching, but if you don't have a steady hand behind the plate everything falls apart. They are going to have to realize that sooner or later, I'm just a cameraman and I know how things are falling apart without that. He is amazing at every position he plays. He's amazing at everything.

He was goofing off and flirting with a girl in class, that earned him an in school suspension. The week before the first game, not to mention that head football coach, no more daddy ball, a full blown football coach realized what kind of talent, he had made Bub the captain of the defense. He told Bub, she's a snowflake, he wasn't worried about teenagers being teenagers. He went out there and ran his defense, in the second game of the season, he allowed no touchdowns. He is amazing.

Ryanne's softball team is tied for first, It is brutal, lots and lots of walks. Lots and lots of steals. I love shooting them, we have one girl who is almost neck and neck with me and another girl who is just the tiniest little thing you have ever seen I have a great picture of them. It is as much fun to watch them as brutal as it to watch them. Ryanne is playing leftfield and third, she mad e a throw from left to home. They had the girl thrown out but she knocked the ball loose. The coach told her, "I am going to go to sleep tonight thinking about that throw." It was awesome! In between games she decided she wanted to pitch, so one of the coaches practiced with her. She'll do it at a practice then at a game!

They volleyball team is the best part of my weekend! They are 12-0 and dominating, the last weekend of the season they will face another team that is undefeated. I cannot wait! It's going to be a madhouse. I'll get some new fantastic pictures uploaded when they get done running through photoshop.

Bub had his second homerun with the Hornets. I've shot more of his homeruns then anyone, now. I do not know what the Dickey/Johnson DNA created but it is out of this world.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I have seen almost everything that can be seen, I hope. I have seen umpires threaten to kick our coach's asses, I have seen umpires call our coaches racial epithets. I have seen umpires fired in the middle of game, I have seen umpires quit between games. I have seen umpires berated, by yours truly, justly, I have seen umpires call games early because they were miserable in the heat. I have seen some stuff, and the last softball game had parents on both sides of the fence losing it over the umpire. He was terrible, I am glad the softball season is over I would probably end up banned from anymore games.

The Mustangs did pretty good, still learning. They had fun and Ryanne got more compliments from the coach. She is amazing!

The only picture I have to post is her after a game where all the girls went crazy and started running the bases, bats in hand, helmets, not helmets, sliding into homeplate. Total pandemonium.

The volleyball team, is a different story, though. I can post pictures all day long of them. They are undefeated right now, heading into a weekend of facing two of the bottom teams. Fingers crossed we should sweep both of those teams. These girls are going to have to move up to the higher level competition. They really only have competition against one team and they dropped a set, we should face them undefeated. So many of these teams rely on great serves, but they can't compete against teams that actually play defense. The Storm is bumping, setting and "spiking". They are very sharp!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34photography/albums

I cannot pick, pictures. They are just out of this world.

Baseball, Hornets, Bub.

Bub is exactly who we thought he was. He has been amazing, I said he is a 'Major' player, and now that he is on a major team he has just proven that. Everyone has been great, but he is on another level. A dozen games he has played and he already has twice as many homeruns as anyone on the team.

Now, if everyone will realize what I know, when he catches, we win!

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Everyone once in a while, I hear someone on the news, 'complaining' about people that buy a lottery ticket.

"You don't have a chance of winning" they say.

Well, someone does, eventually. Maybe I did, no doubt I have. I get to watch Ryanne and Bub, and their teammates. What are the odds I am watching a future college athlete, Olympic athlete, professional athlete? My guess, better than average. I watch every pitch, every play, every down, every serve. I see everything, no doubt I don't catch it on camera. But I see just more than the plays, I see the intangibles.

I see the skills beyond the players.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Some people lead, and that is what he does.

The Huskies got to play a game on the high school field, it was a whole production. Someone lead the team onto the field that night. It wasn't a democracy, the coach didn't decide. One guy took the lead and everyone fell in line behind him. They fell in line behind the guy that has led them to the best defense in the city. They have given up the fewest touchdowns, fewer than the other nine teams.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Jerred, really enjoy these pics, for your enthusiasm and just watching them, they seem like great kids.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: September 30, 2021 7:57 pm Jerred, really enjoy these pics, for your enthusiasm and just watching them, they seem like great kids.
Thank you, so much better than their uncle and parents. Got some amazing pictures that are processing right now. Got tournament this weekend, so I will post some new fantastic pictures when I get caught up. But right now, I have to go into Parrothead therapy, I am hot.

When I look at pictures, pictures I shot, to choose the best of the best I get fired up. I relive the game, I am in the middle of the action. Most people experience it once and are done. I LIVE it twice and never forget it. So, I'm going through pics and I get a notification, the very fit and healthy people on the Olathe school board are extending the mask mandate. Now, the most amazing thing is happening, a lot of these young, healthy, amazing athletes are following me. Now, I can just tag them in their photos and they can share them, it is awesome.

But anyways, let's take a trip back. All the way a half century ago. A small p*** ant high school in the middle of cornfields. A young man walks through the halls of Prairie View High School and the [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] head assistant principal grabs this young man and tells him to get a haircut. He graduated the previous year, he's a grown man on his own at college. He tells this assistant principal to go 'enjoy' himself.

Now, let's fast forward a half-century. After our mothers and grandmothers burned their GD bras. We are sheep, asleep at the wheel. We are terrified of any perceived authority and our children are walking around with bacteria traps wrapped around their faces and we accept it. Any question of 'their' authority is blocked, ignored and erased from our memory.

It's high time we remember where we came from, hippies that questioned every bit of authority, said 'EFF YOU' to anyone that told what to do, how to do it, when to do it, why to do it.