X country

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

X country

Post by ragtopW »

on XM radio.. WOW

not tame.. not at all....

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

OMFG!!!!

West Nashville Ballroom Gowns!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!

Post by VanillaGrl »

ragtopW wrote:OMFG!!!!

West Nashville Ballroom Gowns!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I was just about to ask what was playin'? Cooooool :D

a1aara
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 75

Post by a1aara »

XCOUNTRY is a great station.

SIRIUS need to take some notes. There really isn't a good alt country option over at SIRIUS. OUTLAW COUNTRY plays way too many country oldies.

longlinergirl
Hoot!

Post by longlinergirl »

a1aara wrote:XCOUNTRY is a great station.

SIRIUS need to take some notes. There really isn't a good alt country option over at SIRIUS. OUTLAW COUNTRY plays way too many country oldies.
Sirius seems to get their stations mixed up...they play Ozzy on Hair Nation all the time...which is weird. I love Outlaw Country though!
Eat seafood? Use bait? Thank a commercial fisherman.

"Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team..."

Q:"What is with this Parrothead phenomenon"?

A:"Its like AA, but in reverse"

a1aara
Hoot!

Post by a1aara »

longlinergirl wrote:
a1aara wrote:XCOUNTRY is a great station.

Sirius seems to get their stations mixed up...they play Ozzy on Hair Nation all the time...which is weird. I love Outlaw Country though!
]

I love Mojo Nixon on Outlaw Country.I'm not too thrilled with the programming.

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Kinda cool I get to hear some Artists that I hear mentioned
from time to time..

a1aara
Hoot!

Post by a1aara »

I listened to XCOUNTRY all afternoon yesterday. Within 1 hour I heard Buffett, John Prine, Todd Snider, Billy Joe Shaver, John Hiatt, and Scott Miller. That's not to bad.

Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

Ozzy was popular at the time of hair metal so I don't see how he'd be out of place on a channel called Hair Nation. XM's equivalant is Boneyard but not everyone they play fits snugly into the "hair metal" mode. Hell, some people have tried to say Led Zeppelin paved the way for the whole "c*ck rock" thing. While there may be more than a hint of truth to that (listen to the words to "Whole Lotta Love") there was way more to Zeppelin than the posturing and hair styles of the 80s metal bands.

I love X-Country myself except for the frat country crap they play. Otherwise I rarely change the dial.

longlinergirl
Hoot!

Post by longlinergirl »

Jahfin wrote:Ozzy was popular at the time of hair metal so I don't see how he'd be out of place on a channel called Hair Nation. XM's equivalant is Boneyard but not everyone they play fits snugly into the "hair metal" mode. Hell, some people have tried to say Led Zeppelin paved the way for the whole "c*ck rock" thing. While there may be more than a hint of truth to that (listen to the words to "Whole Lotta Love") there was way more to Zeppelin than the posturing and hair styles of the 80s metal bands.

I love X-Country myself except for the frat country crap they play. Otherwise I rarely change the dial.
I don't know but when I think hair bands Ozzy doesn't come to mind...Poison, Bon Jovi, Ratt people like that...but Ozzy...not in my head
Eat seafood? Use bait? Thank a commercial fisherman.

"Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team..."

Q:"What is with this Parrothead phenomenon"?

A:"Its like AA, but in reverse"

Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

longlinergirl wrote:
Jahfin wrote:Ozzy was popular at the time of hair metal so I don't see how he'd be out of place on a channel called Hair Nation. XM's equivalant is Boneyard but not everyone they play fits snugly into the "hair metal" mode. Hell, some people have tried to say Led Zeppelin paved the way for the whole "c*ck rock" thing. While there may be more than a hint of truth to that (listen to the words to "Whole Lotta Love") there was way more to Zeppelin than the posturing and hair styles of the 80s metal bands.

I don't know but when I think hair bands Ozzy doesn't come to mind...Poison, Bon Jovi, Ratt people like that...but Ozzy...not in my head
His lyrics weren't exactly fodder for Rush songs but I know what you mean. Still, I don't find him or his music out of place on the hair metal channel. Like I said, going by XM's Boneyard not every band on there fits into the hair metal mode either.