You gotta love dead people with a sense of humor.....

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

dean_siu
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 0

You gotta love dead people with a sense of humor.....

Post by dean_siu »

Here's an obit which recently ran in Richmond....I bet the memorial was a hell of a party in remembrance of good old Fred.....
Frederic Arthur (Fred) Clark
Frederic Arthur (Fred) Clark, who had tired of reading obituaries noting other's courageous battles with this or that disease, wanted it known that he lost his battle as a result of an automobile accident on June 18, 2006. True to Fred's personal style, his final hours were spent joking with medical personnel while he whimpered, cussed, begged for narcotics and bargained with God to look over his wife and kids. He loved his family. His heart beat faster when his wife of 37 years Alice Rennie Clark entered the room and saddened a little when she left. His legacy was the good works performed by his sons, Frederic Arthur Clark III and Andrew Douglas Clark MD, PhD., along with Andy's wife, Sara Morgan Clark. Fred's back straightened and chest puffed out when he heard the Star Spangled Banner and his eyes teared when he heard Amazing Grace. He wouldn't abide self important tight *censored*. Always an interested observer of politics, particularly what the process does to its participants, he was amused by politician's outrage when we lie to them and amazed at what the voters would tolerate. His final wishes were "throw the bums out and don't elect lawyers" (though it seems to make little difference). During his life he excelled at mediocrity. He loved to hear and tell jokes, especially short ones due to his limited attention span. He had a life long love affair with bacon, butter, cigars and bourbon. You always knew what Fred was thinking much to the dismay of his friend and family. His sons said of Fred, "he was often wrong, but never in doubt". When his family was asked what they remembered about Fred, they fondly recalled how Fred never peed in the shower - on purpose. He died at MCV Hospital and sadly was deprived of his final wish which was to be run over by a beer truck on the way to the liquor store to buy booze for a double date to include his wife, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter to crash an ACLU cocktail party. In lieu of flowers, Fred asks that you make a sizable purchase at your local ABC store or Virginia winery (please, nothing French - the *censored*) and get rip roaring drunk at home with someone you love or hope to make love to. Word of caution though, don't go out in public to drink because of the alcohol related laws our elected officials have passed due to their inexplicable terror at the sight of a MADD lobbyist and overwhelming compulsion to meddle in our lives. No funeral or service is planned. However, a party will be held to celebrate Fred's life. It will be held in Midlothian, Va. Email fredsmemory@yahoo.com for more information. Fred's ashes will be fired from his favorite cannon at a private party on the Great Wicomico River where he had a home for 25 years. Additionally, all of Fred's friend (sic) will be asked to gather in a phone booth, to be designated in the future, to have a drink and wonder, "Fred who?"
Published in the Richmond Times-Dispatch on 7/9/2006.
http://www.legacy.com/TimesDispatch/Dea ... D=18382676

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: You gotta love dead people with a sense of humor.....

Post by RinglingRingling »

dean_siu wrote:Here's an obit which recently ran in Richmond....I bet the memorial was a hell of a party in remembrance of good old Fred.....
Frederic Arthur (Fred) Clark
Frederic Arthur (Fred) Clark, who had tired of reading obituaries noting other's courageous battles with this or that disease, wanted it known that he lost his battle as a result of an automobile accident on June 18, 2006. True to Fred's personal style, his final hours were spent joking with medical personnel while he whimpered, cussed, begged for narcotics and bargained with God to look over his wife and kids. He loved his family. His heart beat faster when his wife of 37 years Alice Rennie Clark entered the room and saddened a little when she left. His legacy was the good works performed by his sons, Frederic Arthur Clark III and Andrew Douglas Clark MD, PhD., along with Andy's wife, Sara Morgan Clark. Fred's back straightened and chest puffed out when he heard the Star Spangled Banner and his eyes teared when he heard Amazing Grace. He wouldn't abide self important tight *censored*. Always an interested observer of politics, particularly what the process does to its participants, he was amused by politician's outrage when we lie to them and amazed at what the voters would tolerate. His final wishes were "throw the bums out and don't elect lawyers" (though it seems to make little difference). During his life he excelled at mediocrity. He loved to hear and tell jokes, especially short ones due to his limited attention span. He had a life long love affair with bacon, butter, cigars and bourbon. You always knew what Fred was thinking much to the dismay of his friend and family. His sons said of Fred, "he was often wrong, but never in doubt". When his family was asked what they remembered about Fred, they fondly recalled how Fred never peed in the shower - on purpose. He died at MCV Hospital and sadly was deprived of his final wish which was to be run over by a beer truck on the way to the liquor store to buy booze for a double date to include his wife, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter to crash an ACLU cocktail party. In lieu of flowers, Fred asks that you make a sizable purchase at your local ABC store or Virginia winery (please, nothing French - the *censored*) and get rip roaring drunk at home with someone you love or hope to make love to. Word of caution though, don't go out in public to drink because of the alcohol related laws our elected officials have passed due to their inexplicable terror at the sight of a MADD lobbyist and overwhelming compulsion to meddle in our lives. No funeral or service is planned. However, a party will be held to celebrate Fred's life. It will be held in Midlothian, Va. Email fredsmemory@yahoo.com for more information. Fred's ashes will be fired from his favorite cannon at a private party on the Great Wicomico River where he had a home for 25 years. Additionally, all of Fred's friend (sic) will be asked to gather in a phone booth, to be designated in the future, to have a drink and wonder, "Fred who?"
Published in the Richmond Times-Dispatch on 7/9/2006.
http://www.legacy.com/TimesDispatch/Dea ... D=18382676
"Often wrong, but never in doubt"... :D

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

Re: You gotta love dead people with a sense of humor.....

duplicated post. dang finger stutter
Last edited by RinglingRingling on July 11, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio

Post by job41475 »

Very cool.....

land_shark3
Here We Are

Post by land_shark3 »

Obit wrote:During his life he excelled at mediocrity..... He had a life long love affair with bacon, butter, cigars and bourbon.
Dude, when did I die? :o
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

land_shark3 wrote:
Obit wrote:During his life he excelled at mediocrity..... He had a life long love affair with bacon, butter, cigars and bourbon.
Dude, when did I die? :o
"Some men are born to mediocrity. Others have it thrust upon them. You sir, achieved mediocrity solely through your own efforts. You are self-made mediocre man" - anon.

12vmanRick
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by 12vmanRick »

THAT ABSOLUTELY FREAKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
When they run you out of town make it look like you are leading the parade.

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

I shall toast him with a glass of fine Virginia chardonnay tonight, from Barboursville vineyards. Here's to ya, Fred!! :D

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly

Post by phjrsaunt »

Do I want to know why Dean_siu is reading obitiuataries from the other side of the country??? :lol:

jonesbeach10
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here Wish You Were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 9
Location: Living with my feet in DC and my head in the cool blue north

Post by jonesbeach10 »

He died at MCV Hospital and sadly was deprived of his final wish which was to be run over by a beer truck on the way to the liquor store to buy booze for a double date to include his wife, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter to crash an ACLU cocktail party.
Isn't that the way everyone wants to go? :P

Or if you're a liberal, subsitute Michael Moore, and Hilary Clinton for Rush and Coulter, and substitute the NRA for the ACLU.

Sometimes more than others,
we see who and what and where we are,
I'm just a one man band,
With my feet in the sand,
Tonight I just need my guitar

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

phjrsaunt wrote:Do I want to know why Dean_siu is reading obitiuataries from the other side of the country??? :lol:
apartment shopping.

chibears
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by chibears »

WOW!!!

That one really hits home.

I had a uncle who lived in Midloathian VA who passed away a few years ago. This guy sounded just like my uncle. In fact, when my uncle was in college, he went by an alias, Fred. My uncle was the funniest man I have ever known and I know that would have been an article he would have seen and sent to me.

Sail on Fred^^^
Get Up, Stand Up!

dean_siu
Under My Lone Palm

Post by dean_siu »

phjrsaunt wrote:Do I want to know why Dean_siu is reading obitiuataries from the other side of the country??? :lol:
I actually saw it on another website I visit....when I read it, I knew it was worthy of the BN crowd!

jackiesic
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Salt
Location: "Surf's Up! Surf City, New Jersey! Let's Go!" Jimmy Buffett 6-14-08 Philly Con

Post by jackiesic »

Sail on Fred...........

Thanks Dean.
Jackie
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

chibears wrote:WOW!!!

That one really hits home.

I had a uncle who lived in Midloathian VA who passed away a few years ago. This guy sounded just like my uncle. In fact, when my uncle was in college, he went by an alias, Fred. My uncle was the funniest man I have ever known and I know that would have been an article he would have seen and sent to me.

Sail on Fred^^^
admit it big guy... this was your uncle's obit?

ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Sad we never knew ye..

Sail on...

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Sail on, Fred. Well done..... Very well done.....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Prthd119
Diamond as Big as The Ritz

Post by Prthd119 »

What SGH said..

Sail on Fred.....

BTW, Cheryl Wheeler has a song entitled "Frequently Wrong, but never in doubt"....If you're not familiar with her music...she has been called "Will Rogers with a guitar"

"I know it's a shabby old building but after all ain't we God's children
And Lord it's a good place for hangin' out .."

Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

Sail on Fred...

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly

Post by phjrsaunt »

dean_siu wrote:
I actually saw it on another website I visit....when I read it, I knew it was worthy of the BN crowd!
There are OTHER websites????????????
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o