Thank you ETP

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

hawaiiboy
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 4

Thank you ETP

Post by hawaiiboy »

I just wanted to take a moment and say
thank you to ETP for her daily Tour de France
reports. I enjoyed reading your recaps and
appreciate that you posted them here for us.

Thank you
No act of kindness
no matter how small
is ever wasted

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Yes, what Kevin said!!

I know very little about pro cycling, but ETP's reports were clear and interesting enough that even a rank novice could follow along.

I learned a lot.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by East Texas Parrothead »

Ya'll are so welcome.

The reports came from the heart and from 20 years of following a sport I truly love.

This year was a great ride, full of surprises and a ride for the ages by Landis on Stage 17.

However, one of the most touching moments, at least for this 54 year-old, was when Viatcheslav Ekimov (DISCOVERY) led the peleton onto the cobbles of the Champs d Elysees yesterday.

There is such honor in this sport and those men honored one of the greats. Eki, 40, missed last year due to a back injury he sustained while training with Lance. I *thought* he was going to ride again next year, but everyone's saying this was his last time, so it was very fitting that the peleton let him take his turn. This was his 15th Tour de France, one short of the all time record held by a Dutch rider whose name I can't remember right now.

It came from out of the blue. I saw him sitting with PHONAK (Landis' team), but I couldn't figure out why. He wouldn't be there for a breakaway because there was too much ground to cover (something like 12K) and he's old to go out that early and all that....so when he broke out when they hit the cobbles and there was no response from the peleton, and he sat up and saluted the crowd .... man, that was a moment for me.

Vive le Tour.
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.

Prthd119
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Prthd119 »

Thanks , Kevin, for starting this...

Just wanted to take a moment and say how much I enjoyed the Tour thread.....last year and this year...
I knew nothing about it and got so wrapped up in her reports...I would come home every day and read it..

Sorry to see it gone....but just wanted to say Thank you for all I did learn about the sport...and how dedicated the men and women are..

Thanks, Terry!

"I know it's a shabby old building but after all ain't we God's children
And Lord it's a good place for hangin' out .."

East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by East Texas Parrothead »

You are so welcome, my Southern Sistah. I was happy to do it for ya'll and me, too. Helped me figure out what happened each day.

It really is a great sport and there is such a rich tradition and history there. I get a schooling every year. It's so much fun.

This year, having Pirate John on the thread was a great treat for me. Turns out he was a rider of some import in his younger days and has a *wealth* of knowledge to share. I can't wait to buy him a beer or two sometime when I'm in Florida (to see you) and hear his war stories. Cyclists always have great war stories.

It was a good ride into Paris. Until next year. Vive le Tour. :D
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.