Gingrich acknowledges affair during Clinton impeachment

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seing and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction. "[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
So, lemme get this right.... Do y'all think Senators Kennedy and Kerry would leave town along with the President if they managed to run him out?

You wanna talk hypocrites? I bet quite a number of the politicians screaming about Iraq have the same sorts of quotes in their repertoire....

Please note, I'm not stating an opinion about Iraq or about the President... merely stating that Senators Kennedy and Kerry appear to be acting hypocritically, based on their earlier statements.....

**EDIT** add Senator Clinton to the list.....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.
Back to livin' Floridays

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seing and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction. "[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
So, lemme get this right.... Do y'all think Senators Kennedy and Kerry would leave town along with the President if they managed to run him out?

You wanna talk hypocrites? I bet quite a number of the politicians screaming about Iraq have the same sorts of quotes in their repertoire....

Please note, I'm not stating an opinion about Iraq or about the President... merely stating that Senators Kennedy and Kerry appear to be acting hypocritically, based on their earlier statements.....

**EDIT** add Senator Clinton to the list.....
Careful Jen, the name calling will start soon...I've been called a "Reichwinger" "Conservative rightwing wacko" "lemming" "sheep" "lockstepping nazi" and others for posting quotes and opinions like that. :lol:
Back to livin' Floridays

Triathlete-Parakeet2
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Triathlete-Parakeet2 »

ya know, a lot, if not most dems like me dont care for Hillary of Kerry either. they are too left wing, and scare people away from voting for dems. but honestly, nobody died when CLinton lied.

a1aara
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 75

Post by a1aara »

Nole Pirate wrote:
a1aara wrote:The Religous Right motto-Do As I Say..Not As I Do.
I am assuming that you don't like generalizations do you? Oh never mind we all throw them around, just many take offense when one is thrown there way.

BTW I am not offended but then again I am not part of the religous right. I just find it funny that most hate generalizations but they throw them around all the time themselves.
I'm not sure if you are asking me a question? Could you please explain? Thanks. :D

flyboy55
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by flyboy55 »

Triathlete-Parakeet2 wrote:. . . but honestly, nobody died when Clinton lied.
Point Left. 8)

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Triathlete-Parakeet2 wrote:ya know, a lot, if not most dems like me dont care for Hillary of Kerry either. they are too left wing, and scare people away from voting for dems. but honestly, nobody died when CLinton lied.
He should have been fired from his GOVERNMENT job, just like the people I work with, who ABSOLUTELY would have been fired if they'd done the same thing.....

I don't give a sh*t about left and right. I CARE when people play <censored> politics and don't have to live under the same rules as the rest of us just because they're powerful.

What goes around, comes around, and I hope these <censored> get theirs, all of them.

This country is going the way of the Roman Empire, for the same reasons.... absolute power corrupts absolutely......... :evil:

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

Nole Pirate wrote:Is this really news? It was back in 1998 when he resigned b/c this issue came to light. Why they published this story today is beyond me when it is almost 10 years old.
Apparently I am little slow...and/or forgetful. :oops: :lol:

And in my original post I was trying to say Clinton's legal problems were about lying under oath and not about the affair...(or which one....)

Term limits...yup.
Get rid of the gerrymandering! (That's how we rig elections.... :roll: :-? )
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

and just how much of a stretch is it to believe that if Clinton had been more interested in attending to the presidency and to watching our enemies instead of lying his way out of hot water, people might not have died in the US Embassies in Africa, or at the World Trade Center, or at the Pentagon............

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
and just how much of a stretch is it to believe that if Clinton had been more interested in attending to the presidency and to watching our enemies instead of lying his way out of hot water, people might not have died in the US Embassies in Africa, or at the World Trade Center, or at the Pentagon............
Wow...that's a pretty big leap :o ...not outside the realm of possibility, but it's a big leap, nonetheless....
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Quiet and Shy wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
Wow...that's a pretty big leap :o ...not outside the realm of possibility, but it's a big leap, nonetheless....
no.... it's not..... really............

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

flyboy55
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by flyboy55 »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
I think it's quite a stretch actually. :D

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

flyboy55 wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
tragically, it's not.........

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

a1aara
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 75

Post by a1aara »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:

Maybe I'm bad at history but I don't think Clinton was in office when the Pentagon or World Trade Centers were hit. I seem to recall that someone else was sitting in the office. Someone that ignored Intel warning of terrorists attacks using jets to strike US targets.

mjeischen
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Just one? . . . Bastards!
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer and things with Sailor Jerry

Post by mjeischen »

Let's not forget the sexually repressed woman who felt Newt was viable option for a good time! I mean is this the best SHE could do!?

It's an interesting debate and politics is generally BS across the board.
The Parrot Dice Lounge kinda like a mirage. Here today and gone tomorrow. You should stop by and say hello when visiting Chicago on tour.

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
flyboy55 wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
tragically, it's not.........
Not at all.

Sorry, couldn't help it.
Back to livin' Floridays

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land

a1aara wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:

Maybe I'm bad at history but I don't think Clinton was in office when the Pentagon or World Trade Centers were hit. I seem to recall that someone else was sitting in the office. Someone that ignored Intel warning of terrorists attacks using jets to strike US targets.
That would be Clinton that ignored the warnings, too busy lying his way out of trouble. Was there a day during the Clinton presidency that he wasn't under investigation for something?
Back to livin' Floridays

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

a1aara wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:

The first time the WTC was bombed was 1993. As I recall, 6 people died and more than a 1000 were injured. Someone named Clinton was in the Oval Office at the time. Or at least he was supposed to have been there.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

a1aara wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
you can't undo eight years of damage in 8 months...

Take your time
Find your passion
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land

LIPH wrote:
a1aara wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:

The first time the WTC was bombed was 1993. As I recall, 6 people died and more than a 1000 were injured. Someone named Clinton was in the Oval Office at the time. Or at least he was supposed to have been there.
I think part of him was under his desk at the time. :lol:
Back to livin' Floridays