Shooting at Virginia Tech

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

pbans
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by pbans »

UAHparrothead wrote:Gracious God,

We come before you this day bewildered and broken at the sight of such violence on the Virginia Tech campus. Lord we do not understand why such things happen, but we trust in your goodness and your grace. Be with the familes and friends of the victims, help them in this time of tragedy and horror. Be with the students, faculty, and staff of Va Tech in the coming days , weeks, and months as they deal with the aftermath of the events today. Lord we pray for the day when all violence will cease and we will all live together in peace in the light of your grace. In you Son's name we pray, Amen.

.....Amen

Sorry this has happened in your community Tri....
having just gone through the one on Salt Lake City, it does really bring us to our knees......so thanks for giving us something to say while we're there, Brad....
Paige in Utah
"Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on"

FruitCakeDawg
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by FruitCakeDawg »

We come before you this day bewildered and broken at the sight of such violence on the Virginia Tech campus. Lord we do not understand why such things happen, but we trust in your goodness and your grace. Be with the familes and friends of the victims, help them in this time of tragedy and horror. Be with the students, faculty, and staff of Va Tech in the coming days , weeks, and months as they deal with the aftermath of the events today. Lord we pray for the day when all violence will cease and we will all live together in peace in the light of your grace. In you Son's name we pray, Amen.
Thank you Brad :(
Image Image

tikitatas
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by tikitatas »

Amen.

Nove Scotia phin power flooding to the families and friends of those killed and injured at VT in this shameful act today.
Cate

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." ~ Buddha

Bubbaphan
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to reason with the hurricane season.
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: MMMMM..Beer. Wait, is that really a boat drink?

Post by Bubbaphan »

((((((CarolinaDreamin and Triathlete))))))
Last edited by Bubbaphan on April 16, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a one-man band with no
Immediate plans...

tikiwoman
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by tikiwoman »

Carolina Dreamin' thank God you son is ok and Triathlete hugs to you too for this terrible day in your town :(

As the mother of an incoming college Freshman this Fall, this is hitting me hard. I agree, we are all Hokies today even if this is not my child's school.

Prayers to all who are still waiting for news.

Val
Thank God the Tiki Bar is Open!

Val

Alan11
Overkill

Post by Alan11 »

My sister in law is safe thank god!

I never thought I would be happy to have a tornado of all things prevent her from getting home last night. She was at Myrtle Beach for the weekend and got stuck in a storm. Got home too late to drive back to campus today and decided to stay at home.

She is an engineering major and has classes in that building. If she would have went to class today, she would have been in the next building over. All her friends are accounted for but 2. With no phone communication it may be a while before she can find out about the others.

Not sure when she is going back to campus but say an extra prayer for everyone tonight!
"We Want Dallas, We Want Dallas"

RFK Stadium crowd chant during the NFC Championship game on January 22, 1983

www.facebook.com/Alan11

tikiwoman
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by tikiwoman »

Allan, good to hear she is safe.

Val
Thank God the Tiki Bar is Open!

Val

FruitCakeDawg
Behind Door #3

Post by FruitCakeDawg »

Alan11 wrote:My sister in law is safe thank god!

I never thought I would be happy to have a tornado of all things prevent her from getting home last night. She was at Myrtle Beach for the weekend and got stuck in a storm. Got home too late to drive back to campus today and decided to stay at home.

She is an engineering major and has classes in that building. If she would have went to class today, she would have been in the next building over. All her friends are accounted for but 2. With no phone communication it may be a while before she can find out about the others.

Not sure when she is going back to campus but say an extra prayer for everyone tonight!
Saying many many prayers here Alan! So glad your sister is okay!
Image Image

myke212
Hoot!

Post by myke212 »

Prayers and phin power to all their families :cry: :cry:
Life rewards the ones that got it down..
The difference between your ass and a hole in the ground! www.myspace.com/myke212

freaky4tiki
Party at the End of the World

Post by freaky4tiki »

thank you and amen....
Be Young, Be Foolish, Be happy!

flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

There really are no words! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Prayers and thoughts to everyone involved! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain

MelliJellyBean
At the Bama Breeze

Post by MelliJellyBean »

very nice words. thank you.

sunseeker
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Woman going crazy on Caroline street
Favorite Buffett Song: one particular harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: mojito

Post by sunseeker »

This is so sad and distressing. I really am at a loss for words right now....I mourn for the students, faculty and staff, and their families.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
There's this one particular harbor.....

job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio

Post by job41475 »

Awful awful Awful. I have many friends who were/are hokies and they speak highly of the place. So sad to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers with the victims their famileis and all affected.

irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan »

phin power being sent
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I'm in shock.....what is this world coming to....since columbine ...this seems to be happening way to often!!...why can't these people just take there own life(not that i want to see that) if they are unhappy...why does it have to involve innocent people!!.....Prayers to the Families the students the staff and everyone it has effected!!!

mermaidindisguise
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Lucky Stars
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Key Lime Pie By Z-Man!

Post by mermaidindisguise »

Thanks for the prayer Brad.... this is so senseless. It can be a dangerous world out there - more and more. I thank God for the blessings I have in my life and the friends I have here at BN..... I wish the world were all Parrotheads! I can guarantee we would never see this in the news!

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Thanks to everyone for thinking of my son Chris. I just got off the phone with him and I think he is still in shock but beginning to realize he may have lost some friends today. I did get more details about how he managed to run through another building to safety but it kinda makes me sick to my stomach right now to even think about it.
He did tell me that the kids think it was a male who found out his girlfriend was cheating and he killed her and her roommate and then went after the guy she was cheating with and took a bunch of other kids with him and then killed himself. That can't be a sound mind. Pray for this person's family as well.
What bothers me is that emails about the lockdown didn't go out until almost 2 hours after the first shooting. Chris was in a classroom with a professor that didn't have a clue until Chris asked him to check out the scene outside and he checked his email. It was only then that the class was locked down! Definitely chaos!
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan »

(((((((((((((Chris & friends, family, and everyone else)))))))))))))))))))

This is just so tragic and senseless. :(
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:What bothers me is that emails about the lockdown didn't go out until almost 2 hours after the first shooting. Chris was in a classroom with a professor that didn't have a clue until Chris asked him to check out the scene outside and he checked his email. It was only then that the class was locked down! Definitely chaos!
I don't get this part at all..... I heard it on the news, as well....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally