2008 Baseball Thread

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by aeroparrot »

Clintster7 wrote:I recall the Angels won everything in October not too long ago.
As long as they don't play the Red Sox, they'll have a shot. :lol: :lol:
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Clintster7 wrote:I recall the Angels won everything in October not too long ago.
2002. And sense then, with this current team, they just don't get it done. 0 - 8 against the Red Sox . . . they need to figure something out if they are going to be one of the best regular season teams every year.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo

Post by Joetown Parrothead »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3510042

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark on Tuesday that Atlanta Braves first baseman Mark Teixeira is headed to the Los Angeles Angels for Casey Kotchman and minor league pitcher Steven Marek.

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Joetown Parrothead wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3510042

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark on Tuesday that Atlanta Braves first baseman Mark Teixeira is headed to the Los Angeles Angels for Casey Kotchman and minor league pitcher Steven Marek.

:o

wow. didn't think the Angels needed help in the bullpen with Arrenendo and K Rod. :D

fabduo
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by fabduo »

The Yankees just got Pudge Rodriguez for Kyle Farnsworth
ImageImageImageImage

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

fabduo wrote:The Yankees just got Pudge Rodriguez for Kyle Farnsworth
Where is this? Something like this would have been reported in the NY media.

fabduo
Behind Door #3

Post by fabduo »

aeroparrot wrote:
Where is this? Something like this would have been reported in the NY media.
On mlb.com
ImageImageImageImage

Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo

Post by Joetown Parrothead »

Also all over ESPN

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

heard that earlier...The Rich Get Richer...but how much i hate the Yankees..i have to give them credit in going out and trying to improve there team...and they have...as the Red Sox have done nothing!!...and a great site for Baseball trade rumors is.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

TommyBahama wrote:
heard that earlier...The Rich Get Richer...but how much i hate the Yankees..i have to give them credit in going out and trying to improve there team...and they have...as the Red Sox have done nothing!!...and a great site for Baseball trade rumors is.

I think part of it is that other teams know that the Sox are now trying to get rid of Manny so that if there are talks about him, then the other teams are willing to hold out until the Red Sox just give in.

Karin
License to Chill

Post by Karin »

TommyBahama wrote:

So. . Yanks get Sexson, Marte, Nady, Pudge . . .and the Red Sox are looking to get rid of Manny! :D That's for saying you hate the Yankees!

I have never been a Farnsworth Fan. He has been doing a great job. .still don't trust him in a big spot. . but watching him interviewed right after the game. . :( He was teary eyed. . choked up. . Girardi got choked up. . Cashman was choked up. . .they really liked they guy and Farnworth wanted to stay in NY. It was kind of sad. :(

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

I think part of it is that other teams know that the Sox are now trying to get rid of Manny so that if there are talks about him, then the other teams are willing to hold out until the Red Sox just give in.
But the Red Sox don't have to give in...He's under contract...he is talking about not playing the rest of the home stand....what teams want is Boston to pick up the 7m on the contract....and if thats the case....a few teams would be in the running....he doesn't play...fine his sorry a$$...i WAS a Manny supporter...but i'm tired of his act...i heard now...Florida...Dodgers and a possible 3 way with someone else and Piisburg with Bay going to the Red Sox!!!....i don't think teams are just sitting there knowing the Sox have to trade him..because they don't!!

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

But the Red Sox don't have to give in...He's under contract...he is talking about not playing the rest of the home stand....what teams want is Boston to pick up the 7m on the contract....and if thats the case....a few teams would be in the running....he doesn't play...fine his sorry a$$...i WAS a Manny supporter...but i'm tired of his act...i heard now...Florida...Dodgers and a possible 3 way with someone else and Piisburg with Bay going to the Red Sox!!!....i don't think teams are just sitting there knowing the Sox have to trade him..because they don't!!
My point is that other teams don't have to give up anything, they can just say "No" to the Red Sox and wait until the end of the season and if the Sox don't renew the option, then they could swoop in and get Manny if they need him.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Karin wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

So. . Yanks get Sexson, Marte, Nady, Pudge . . .and the Red Sox are looking to get rid of Manny! :D That's for saying you hate the Yankees!

I have never been a Farnsworth Fan. He has been doing a great job. .still don't trust him in a big spot. . but watching him interviewed right after the game. . :( He was teary eyed. . choked up. . Girardi got choked up. . Cashman was choked up. . .they really liked they guy and Farnworth wanted to stay in NY. It was kind of sad. :(
yes they did??? and he's not gone yet!!!.....and you already knew i hated the Yankess!!!.....hey are we going to see you this year!!.....we're not feeling the love!!

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

My point is that other teams don't have to give up anything, they can just say "No" to the Red Sox and wait until the end of the season and if the Sox don't renew the option, then they could swoop in and get Manny if they need him.
disagree!!!..the Red Sox have the player for teams that want to win now. and if they don't get what they want...he finishes the year....the Red Sox offer arbitration...he refuses...becomes a free agent and the Sox get 2 draft picks ...2 of the 1st 35 picks which isn't a bad thing!!

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

disagree!!!..the Red Sox have the player for teams that want to win now. and if they don't get what they want...he finishes the year....the Red Sox offer arbitration...he refuses...becomes a free agent and the Sox get 2 draft picks ...2 of the 1st 35 picks which isn't a bad thing!!
Do you really think that the Dodgers are one of those teams (as rumored)?

drunkpirate66

Post by drunkpirate66 »

aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:heard that earlier...The Rich Get Richer...but how much i hate the Yankees..i have to give them credit in going out and trying to improve there team...and they have...as the Red Sox have done nothing!!...and a great site for Baseball trade rumors is.

First of all Manny is not going anywhere.

Secondly, Manny AND Varitek could both be gone next year. That would be 5 of the top 35 picks.

Third, yes about the Dodgers. Sox want Kemp. Never happen.

Fourth, notice how much money the Yankees have free next year in their new park IN Manny's old neighborhood. Manny gets his 100 million dollar deal.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:heard that earlier...The Rich Get Richer...but how much i hate the Yankees..i have to give them credit in going out and trying to improve there team...and they have...as the Red Sox have done nothing!!...and a great site for Baseball trade rumors is.

Yes!!!!.....but according mlbrumors.....7:33pm: Gordon Edes of the Boston Globe characterizes it as "strong interest" from the Marlins but not a done deal. Jon Heyman also has the Fish in the lead. Will Carroll has some kind of Bay/Marlins multiteam deal in the final stages. Jim Molony says the talks are real but a Manny to Florida deal is unlikely. Meanwhile, Manny keeps talking his way out of Boston.

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
aeroparrot wrote: I think part of it is that other teams know that the Sox are now trying to get rid of Manny so that if there are talks about him, then the other teams are willing to hold out until the Red Sox just give in.
Yes!!!!.....but according mlbrumors.....7:33pm: Gordon Edes of the Boston Globe characterizes it as "strong interest" from the Marlins but not a done deal. Jon Heyman also has the Fish in the lead. Will Carroll has some kind of Bay/Marlins multiteam deal in the final stages. Jim Molony says the talks are real but a Manny to Florida deal is unlikely. Meanwhile, Manny keeps talking his way out of Boston.
I just heard about the Marlins during the game.

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

*** sniff sniff *** What's that smell? Oh yea, it's coming from Fenway.