What Has Been The Most Terrifying Moment In Your Life So Far

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TheSecretsInTheCrust
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:(((((((Citcat and Glenn)))))))

You both honor your children's memories by continuing to bring joy and love to all those who know you, in spite of suffering the worst possible loss.
:cry: :cry: :cry: well said Kat!!!!

(((((((((((((((Citcat and Glenn)))))))))))))))))
what BEG and FFG said.

(((((((Linda and Glenn)))))
I have said this before on these boards. Without the support my BN friends have given me. I am not sure if I could have overcome such a life altering loss. All of you cannot begin to know how much I appreciate your humor, love and support. From the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU!
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

{{{{{{{LINDA & GLENN}}}}}}}

So sorry for both of you.
I can't imagine anything in life that could rip a person's heart out more.

PLEASE, if there's ever ANYTHING I can do ANYTIME to make your pain any easier for either of you, PLEASE, call me anytime anywhere.
I mean that. Call anytime.

Love & prayers to both of you. :cry:

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Late arrival to the thread.

three of them, a long time ago and all a tossup on which was most scary:

the week I woke up driving home after working road crew all day, having crossed the centerline on US 75 and finding myself looking at an abuttment as the driver's'-side tires went into the shoulder gravel and getting back across without doing a headon at 430p

and 5 days later having a truck pull a rolling stop out in front of me just a few miles south of that same stretch of 75. Ended up locking up the tires and taking a tire to the side of the car that left about a 2" gap between the windows on the passenger side.

or maybe losing it up over McDonald Pass on some black ice. 540 degree spin, and because it started when the back end of the car went left, I ended up in a cut next to the mountain. Swing to the right, and I probably would have ended up riding the car over the side of the mountain and down 600'

johnath2o
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by johnath2o »

Three come to mind:

September 1997 - I was painting the house. I had the ladder up to the house and was on the roof. My 2 year old daughter climbed the ladder and was about to climb onto the roof. The look on her face, saying, "hi, daddy". As calm as I could, walked over and picked her up.

September 2000 - Took the family to an airshow. Same loving daughter, continues to walk as the boys all stop to look at a display. I look up and see she is missing. I send my older son in one direction as I go in the other. Luckly, she got to the front of the hanger and stopped, in tears. Mass State Police was consolling her when I found her. To this day, she refuses to go to the airshow. It is coming up next weekend, I will see if she will over come it. :(

August 2005 - Took the kids to the beach. The youngest one goes missing. Lifeguards clear the water, full search goes into effect. He comes walking out of the dunes. He just wanted some alone time.
Time to head to the beach & watch the sunrise

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

johnath2o wrote:Three come to mind:

September 1997 - I was painting the house. I had the ladder up to the house and was on the roof. My 2 year old daughter climbed the ladder and was about to climb onto the roof. The look on her face, saying, "hi, daddy". As calm as I could, walked over and picked her up.

September 2000 - Took the family to an airshow. Same loving daughter, continues to walk as the boys all stop to look at a display. I look up and see she is missing. I send my older son in one direction as I go in the other. Luckly, she got to the front of the hanger and stopped, in tears. Mass State Police was consolling her when I found her. To this day, she refuses to go to the airshow. It is coming up next weekend, I will see if she will over come it. :(

August 2005 - Took the kids to the beach. The youngest one goes missing. Lifeguards clear the water, full search goes into effect. He comes walking out of the dunes. He just wanted some alone time.
locking him in the basement for 3 days afterwards get him paid in full on that desire until he's 20? :D

Jodibug
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Jodibug »

Only 2 that I can think of:

Valentines Day 2005
Per our doctor after an MRI "No, Steve has not had a stroke. He has a brain tumor the size of a lemon; the survival rate is usually 5-7 months. I have made an appointment with a neurosurgeon at MUSC."

October 2006
I broke my nose at a Tampa phlocking. During the surgery to fix it, I threw a blood clot. When I woke up I was told that they had to flip me and bag me. Of course, I didn't know it at the time so I guess it was terrifying after I came to and out of the drugs :D

PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

Getting "attacked" by a pit bulldog while walking on our country road about a mile from our house. And picturing one of my neighbors driving down our road and finding a bloody chewed up mess in the road (me). :o