WHAT'S THE MOST DARING THING YOU'VE EVER DONE ?

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

rednekkPH wrote:Moderators, you might as well lock up this thread right now, 'cause ain't nobody out there gonna top this.

Ya know the tag that's on everybody's mattress that says "DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW"?

I removed mine. Yup, that's right. That's how much of a bad ass I am.
Damm you people is :lol: brave !!!
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

rednekkPH wrote:Moderators, you might as well lock up this thread right now, 'cause ain't nobody out there gonna top this.

Ya know the tag that's on everybody's mattress that says "DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

johnath2o
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by johnath2o »

WOW, to know that we are running with such crazy pholks :lol: :lol:
Time to head to the beach & watch the sunrise

pbans
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by pbans »

RinglingRingling wrote:
pbans wrote:the other day, when I put my dishes away, I didn't put them in color order.
I expected frogs to fall from the sky, famine, blood in the river.....but nothing happened. I was kind of disappointed.
that happened here. I wondered why...
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET, I knew I was right all along..........
Everything should be okay now, they're back in order.
Paige in Utah
"Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on"

pbans
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by pbans »

Tell me that later in the day you ran with scissors........
Danger is your middle name.
Paige in Utah
"Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on"

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

pbans wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
pbans wrote:the other day, when I put my dishes away, I didn't put them in color order.
I expected frogs to fall from the sky, famine, blood in the river.....but nothing happened. I was kind of disappointed.
technically it was one stuffed frog, I was hungry, and I cut myself shaving but the tap was running...

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

pbans wrote:

Tell me that later in the day you ran with scissors........
Danger is your middle name.
Who knew he was such a wild one.

Frank4
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of an Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Cajun Martini

Post by Frank4 »

You are a rebel and you'll never be any good....
I thank the Lord for the people I have found
-Elton John

Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

One of the easiest questions I've ever been asked.

In 1986, I walked into a residence where a young lady was threatening suicide (had a .45 to her head). i talked and talked and talked and talked and talked to her for about four hours, then she stood up, walked toward me, and handed me the gun.

Today she's a registered nurse in South Carolina, happily married, two beautiful children, and I've gotten a Christmas card from her every year since then, and a sympathy card this past May when my wife passed away.

Can I also say that was probably one of my PROUDEST moments?

Jodibug
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Jodibug »

Wino you know wrote:One of the easiest questions I've ever been asked.

In 1986, I walked into a residence where a young lady was threatening suicide (had a .45 to her head). i talked and talked and talked and talked and talked to her for about four hours, then she stood up, walked toward me, and handed me the gun.

Today she's a registered nurse in South Carolina, happily married, two beautiful children, and I've gotten a Christmas card from her every year since then, and a sympathy card this past May when my wife passed away.

That's awesome!

I guess my most daring was when I was 20. I was on a 6 month internship in Madrid, Spain. One weekend we went on an excursion to a bull ranch.

I learned how to bullfight and while doing a two person pass the bull went right for my foot.

I was so pumped up that I had another turn, solo, with the bull. After it was all over, I found out that I had a broken left toe!

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

Ride in a bobsled down the Olympic Park bobsled track in Calargy....

what an amazing time
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

pbans wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

Hmmmmmm...... there IS a fine line between DARING and just plain ol' STUPID.....so with that distinction in mind........ :o :o :D :D

In '95 I had transfered within GE to go do work at the Stream Turbine and gearbox plant in Lynn, Mass (My home office was in Oakland, Calif.)...at the time We had been married almost 1 year and had become disillusioned with living in the Bay Area and California in general....so we headed back East (no ....believe it or not....this is not the daring part...just background...) Ifound I loved working at the plant...got to use my creative side to come up with innovattive solutions to the problems that would crop up....anyway in the spring of '96 an academy buddy called and said that he was hooked up with a boat owner that wanted to buy an oil field boat and convert it to go crab fishing in the Bering Sea. He was the Captain and he needed an Engineer to design, build and sail it. All of the work was going to take place in Louisiana and we would sail her through the Panama canal up to Alaska and go fishing...... All I asked was if Wifey-poo could be the cook....his answer was yes...we were moving out of our apartment 3 days later...... :o :D :D :D
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm

Jodibug wrote:
Wino you know wrote:One of the easiest questions I've ever been asked.

That's awesome!

!
What J-B said!!!!!

OystersandBeer
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast is Clear (Gulf Coast Version)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by OystersandBeer »

Had sex with a one legged panamanian prostitute without a condom.

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Re: WHAT'S THE MOST DARING THING YOU'VE EVER DONE ?

Post by phjrsaunt »

Mottola-Buffett wrote:This past Saturday, Rick and I celebrated the 18th anniversary of our very first date. Although, to be fair, the term"first date" doesn't exactly apply, since our meeting was purely by chance... one morning at a bed and breakfast in Southern California. We spent the day walking around Beverly Hills, strolling along Santa Monica's 3rd St. Promenade and enjoying drinks in Marina del Rey.
Why am I telling you this, you ask? (No, I'm not completely narcissistic)
What sparked this little reminiscence is yet another "fun question" that I came across the other day:

"WHAT'S THE MOST DARING THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?"

Our anniversary got me to thinking about the reason I ended up in California in the first place. I blame it on a great amount of desperation, but for the sake of this post, let's call it daring. --- In my early 20's, unhappy with the life I'd created, I decided to quit my secure professional job, pack my belongings and enough money to last a month into my little Subaru and drive west. I had no idea where the road would lead (Colorado was on my short list) and I must admit, I was extremely nervous, but, to make a long story short, two weeks later I pulled into LA carting two South African guys I'd met in Vegas and within a few weeks, and down to my last hundred dollars, I'd met my future husband, found a well-paying job, was offered a gig to crew on an 85' yacht and had signed up to house-sit at a 5 million dollar home in Laguna Beach right on the ocean.

Not sure if that sounds daring to you, but I happen to be a rather conservative girl and quitting a guaranteed safe job to drive west on my own into the unknown took a heck of a lot of courage (the nervous eye- twitch I developed proves it!).

And so I ask you ... "What's the most daring thing you've ever done?"

Lisa
Cool story! thank you for sharing! I could NEVER up and leave a secure place :o

The most daring (and foolhardy!) thing I ever did was try to outrun the county police when they passed me on the other side of the road and noticed my "reject" inspection sticker on my Jetta. To this DAY, I don't know what possessed me....I just TOOK OFF....found a hiding place and sat there for like an HOUR til I was sure I wasn't going to get caught. :roll:

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly

Post by phjrsaunt »

Wow! the stories we can tell! :lol:

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm

phjrsaunt wrote:
Mottola-Buffett wrote:This past Saturday, Rick and I celebrated the 18th anniversary of our very first date. Although, to be fair, the term"first date" doesn't exactly apply, since our meeting was purely by chance... one morning at a bed and breakfast in Southern California. We spent the day walking around Beverly Hills, strolling along Santa Monica's 3rd St. Promenade and enjoying drinks in Marina del Rey.
What sparked this little reminiscence is yet another "fun question" that I came across the other day:

Our anniversary got me to thinking about the reason I ended up in California in the first place. I blame it on a great amount of desperation, but for the sake of this post, let's call it daring. --- In my early 20's, unhappy with the life I'd created, I decided to quit my secure professional job, pack my belongings and enough money to last a month into my little Subaru and drive west. I had no idea where the road would lead (Colorado was on my short list) and I must admit, I was extremely nervous, but, to make a long story short, two weeks later I pulled into LA carting two South African guys I'd met in Vegas and within a few weeks, and down to my last hundred dollars, I'd met my future husband, found a well-paying job, was offered a gig to crew on an 85' yacht and had signed up to house-sit at a 5 million dollar home in Laguna Beach right on the ocean.

Not sure if that sounds daring to you, but I happen to be a rather conservative girl and quitting a guaranteed safe job to drive west on my own into the unknown took a heck of a lot of courage (the nervous eye- twitch I developed proves it!).

Lisa

The most daring (and foolhardy!) thing I ever did was try to outrun the county police when they passed me on the other side of the road and noticed my "reject" inspection sticker on my Jetta. To this DAY, I don't know what possessed me....I just TOOK OFF....found a hiding place and sat there for like an HOUR til I was sure I wasn't going to get caught. :roll:
Did you have a load of Moonshine in the trunk...????? :o :o :o :D :D

creeky
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: non drinker ;o)

Post by creeky »

I am one of those "never break the law, too sensible for you own good" boring type of people :lol:

But in my younger days - I did break the law - stole a entire 18 hole golf course one night .... and a bus stop ... and a taxi stand 8) 8) 8) 8)

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly

Post by phjrsaunt »

Dutch Harbor PH wrote:
phjrsaunt wrote:

Lisa

Did you have a load of Moonshine in the trunk...????? :o :o :o :D :D
Nope, no contaband whatsoever. But my daddy's family IS from West Virginia...maybe it was just a hereditary reaction [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First thing that comes to my mind? Taking a chance on some fella from Oklahoma that I met on this Buffett website. 8) Seems to have turned out pretty well. :D