McCain/Palin campaign insists on a canned debate

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Frank4
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of an Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Cajun Martini

Post by Frank4 »

chippewa wrote:Eagleton's replacement on the ticket was Sargent Shriver, Maria Shriver's father.
I did not know that either....still learning
I thank the Lord for the people I have found
-Elton John
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

chippewa wrote:Eagleton's replacement on the ticket was Sargent Shriver, Maria Shriver's father.
Wasn't Eagleton about the 4th or 5th choice? I think everybody else McGovern asked turned him down.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

LIPH wrote:
Wasn't Eagleton about the 4th or 5th choice? I think everybody else McGovern asked turned him down.
I think T. Kennedy turned him down, among others.
TheSecretsInTheCrust
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

Lightning Bolt wrote:
Wino you know wrote:
Lightning Bolt wrote:Defending the Sarah Palin pick is getting tougher than defending O.J. :lol:
Who did Sarah Palin murder? :x
America's faith in competent political leadership :oops:
FAITH IN AMERICAN POLITICAL LEADERSHIP HAS BEEN LOST FOR YEARS!

They scream of "armageddon" on monday then take Wed and Thurs off :o :o :o
Now thats IS LEADERSHIP WE CAN RESPECT.

Truth is, and yes I AM repeating myself. These political pretty boys and rehotic spewing parrots want us to respect them after constantly belittling and bashing of each other. Give me 1 reason why anyone would respect any of these people. The only respect I have for any of them is McCain's military history. To somewhat steal from a speach (don't get nervous Joe not yours original or not) the only difference between a politician and a criminal....pant suits and ties.
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor
spartan1979
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: IPA

Post by spartan1979 »

Frank4 wrote:
Skibo wrote:
flyboy55 wrote:
Of course, many of these same conservatives haven't been supporters of John McCain either (which begs the question: just how much more right wing would John McCain have to be to get the support of the nation's conservatives?).
I don't care if John McCain comes out and starts reading old Reagan speeches. As far as I am concerned he set his positions when he embraced the liberal agenda in his past. Now he is nothing more than a flip flopper. I bashed Kerry 4 years ago for that. It would be hypocritical of me to ignore McCains "say anything" approach to this election.
It really is a shame that he has sunk to this level. Because I do think he is a really good man. It's a shame this election is going to tarnish his legacy.
While I never was a McCain supporter, I used to have respect for the man.

But he's revealed himself to be just another man who will say or do anything to become President (Not that Obama is a whole lot better).
Frank4
Behind Door #3

Post by Frank4 »

spartan1979 wrote:
Frank4 wrote:
Skibo wrote:
flyboy55 wrote:
Of course, many of these same conservatives haven't been supporters of John McCain either (which begs the question: just how much more right wing would John McCain have to be to get the support of the nation's conservatives?).
I don't care if John McCain comes out and starts reading old Reagan speeches. As far as I am concerned he set his positions when he embraced the liberal agenda in his past. Now he is nothing more than a flip flopper. I bashed Kerry 4 years ago for that. It would be hypocritical of me to ignore McCains "say anything" approach to this election.
It really is a shame that he has sunk to this level. Because I do think he is a really good man. It's a shame this election is going to tarnish his legacy.
While I never was a McCain supporter, I used to have respect for the man.

But he's revealed himself to be just another man who will say or do anything to become President (Not that Obama is a whole lot better).
Very well said
-Elton John
Lightning Bolt
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

If he was the nominee in 2000, I would have voted for him...

now, I don't even recognize the man...he's become a bitter ol' codger :roll:
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Lightning Bolt wrote:If he was the nominee in 2000, I would have voted for him...

was just talking about this yesterday. for a guy who knows exactly what lies, innuendo, and smears can do to a good candidate, he certainly cozied up to the same group of morally, ethically, and spirtually-bankrupt scum-sucking bags of weasel-pus that took him down in SC in 2000 when he was tapped to be the next guy in line..
Frank4
Behind Door #3

Post by Frank4 »

Lightning Bolt wrote:If he was the nominee in 2000, I would have voted for him...

I agree with you there, it is sad to see what he has become...
-Elton John
TheSecretsInTheCrust
Favorite Buffett Song: California Promises
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain & Coke

Post by TheSecretsInTheCrust »

What has become bitter is every democrate foaming at the mouth everytime the name George W is mentioned. The battle cry was anyone but GW. Well you got anyone. Left or Right this choice sucks
Find Yourself A Lover Who Will Glue You To The Floor
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

It's sad that in a nation of 300 milion people, this is the best we could do. :roll:
Frank4
Behind Door #3

Post by Frank4 »

LIPH wrote:It's sad that in a nation of 300 milion people, this is the best we could do. :roll:
Well, it beats the alternative...assisnation, rioting, protesting... :D
-Elton John
flyboy55
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by flyboy55 »

TheSecretsInTheCrust wrote:

What has become bitter is every democrate foaming at the mouth everytime the name George W is mentioned. The battle cry was anyone but GW. Well you got anyone. Left or Right this choice sucks
I never heard that battle cry, although I have to say that any of the Democratic nominees of the last eight years would have done a much better job than poor old George has done.

I think it fair to say the Iraq invasion would never have taken place with one of these Democrats in the White House. Why do I make this statement? The push to invade Iraq was entirely George's baby (along with all his cabinet retreads from the Reagan era). The idea to topple Saddam and invade Iraq was born among organizations like the Project for the New American Century and published online in the early 1990's. Invading Iraq had nothing to do with punishing those responsible for the 9-11 attacks, but that's how it was 'sold' to the Congress and the American people by dishonest administration who had their own agenda.

The entire effort was based on fabricated evidence. To point that out in late 2002 or early 2003 was tantamount to treason in the eyes of some. I think even the slow learners among us have finally admitted that the entire effort was a huge mistake (actually a crime considering the cost in human life both American and Iraqi).

I didn't want 'anyone but GW' but truthfully almost anyone other than GW and his neocon Republican supporters would have done much better during the last eight years.

I think you're wrong on another point. The choice before us - Left or Right - doesn't s***. McCain is a better man than George will ever be. Obama is a better man than both of them.

Now you know how to vote. :D
Frank4
Behind Door #3

Post by Frank4 »

flyboy55 wrote:

I never heard that battle cry, although I have to say that any of the Democratic nominees of the last eight years would have done a much better job than poor old George has done

I think it fair to say the Iraq invasion would never have taken place with one of these Democrats in the White House. Why do I make this statement? The push to invade Iraq was entirely George's baby (along with all his cabinet retreads from the Reagan era). The idea to topple Saddam and invade Iraq was born among organizations like the Project for the New American Century and published online in the early 1990's. Invading Iraq had nothing to do with punishing those responsible for the 9-11 attacks, but that's how it was 'sold' to the Congress and the American people by dishonest administration who had their own agenda.

The entire effort was based on fabricated evidence. To point that out in late 2002 or early 2003 was tantamount to treason in the eyes of some. I think even the slow learners among us have finally admitted that the entire effort was a huge mistake (actually a crime considering the cost in human life both American and Iraqi).

I didn't want 'anyone but GW' but truthfully almost anyone other than GW and his neocon Republican supporters would have done much better during the last eight years.

I think you're wrong on another point. The choice before us - Left or Right - doesn't s***. McCain is a better man than George will ever be. Obama is a better man than both of them.

Now you know how to vote. :D
I agree with you on that. I was one of those "slow learners" who has wised up over the past couple of years. Better late then never...unlike the current adminstration.
-Elton John
12vmanRick
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by 12vmanRick »

LIPH wrote:It's sad that in a nation of 300 milion people, this is the best we could do. :roll:
at least if we put you in there you'd get rid of Landshark and have more than one hot chick advising you
When they run you out of town make it look like you are leading the parade.
12vmanRick
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by 12vmanRick »

The battle cry was anyone but GW. Well you got anyone. Left or Right this choice sucks
that may be the quote of all times especially on this website
When they run you out of town make it look like you are leading the parade.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

OMG. It's Sarah Palin doing her impersonation of Tina Fey impersonating Sarah Palin.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... latest.cnn

Oh wait. It's just Sarah Palin.

(edit: my time recommendation was off. just watch it already!)

:lol:
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

flyboy55 wrote:Now you know how to vote. :D
YEP!

I'm going with the Cowboy In the Jungle & Smart Woman In A Real Short Skirt instead of the Remittance Man and STRANGE BIRD.

NOW GOD DAMMIT, THAT IS FUNNY!!!
rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

Palin *so* needs to debate this chick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I wonder how many other candidates Katie Couric has asked to name specific newspapers and magazines they read?