The Other "Bernd"

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

The Other "Bernd"

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I hope this isn't considered inappropriate to start a thread about, but I often feel an overwhelming drive to defend. I think there may even be a little part of me that sympathizes. We've all been a noob at some point. But when you come to the bonfire night after night with a can of gas, you've got to expect to get bernd.

I think we have a new word of the month!

Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: The Other "Bernd"

Post by RinglingRingling »

FunkHouse9 wrote:I hope this isn't considered inappropriate to start a thread about, but I often feel an overwhelming drive to defend. I think there may even be a little part of me that sympathizes. We've all been a noob at some point. But when you come to the bonfire night after night with a can of gas, you've got to expect to get bernd.

I think we have a new word of the month!

you could say that if you get Bernd, you are being Buffetted by the winds of fate

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

More than one Bernd? I dont know, Bernd is kind of irreplaceable.
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Beware noobs! If you aren't careful.... If you don't watch what you say.... Don't worry.... We watch your every move.... And before you know it... Out of nowhere.... When you least expect it...
Last edited by FunkHouse9 on October 8, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

Red Stripe
Southeast of disorder

Post by Red Stripe »

if anyone ever visits MTP, I'm almost positive this is him...

equally bizarre with something in common...

http://www.meetthephlockers.com/profile/GaryBuffett
I'm mad as hell, and not gonna take it anymore!

Conolulu
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the beginning "Come Monday"
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything z-man makes..

Post by Conolulu »

Red Stripe wrote:if anyone ever visits MTP, I'm almost positive this is him...

I thought it was amusing that "Smoke On The Water" is the first song on his playlist.... :lol:

(Great, now I've got "lolly lolly lolly get your adverbs here" out of my head, and this in it's place... :roll: :lol: )

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Conolulu wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:if anyone ever visits MTP, I'm almost positive this is him...

I thought it was amusing that "Smoke On The Water" is the first song on his playlist.... :lol:

(Great, now I've got "lolly lolly lolly get your adverbs here" out of my head, and this in it's place... :roll: :lol: )
dundundunnn dundunnanana...

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

victoria is auditioning for a live production of school house rock. :oops: :oops: oh yeah. she got her adverbs goin' on.

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Well, although there are now some more blunt threads on the same topic, I'll stay here and try to act like it's not obvious who I'm talking about. I think we need to chill out on this kid. Although it's easy to laugh and joke, it seems like it's getting to the point of ganging up on him. This isn't high school and we aren't the cool crowd with a mission to pick on those who are different. We, including myself, aren't practicing what we preach. As a group we are being very "Unbuffetty."

viewtopic.php?t=72329
Un-Buffetty - (v.)

The act of not behaving in a manner embraced by Jimmy Buffett fans and supporters on planet Earth.

By nature, the rather diverse and interesting species called, "Buffetticus Eartaramus", tends to conduct themselves in a fashion of mutual respect for each other and looking out for fellow "phlock" members' well-being.
Starting right now, let's all back off on the hazing and cut Balki.... er.... Bernd... er.... whatever, some slack.

Ok...... maybe starting now instead. :wink:

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

FunkHouse9 wrote:Well, although there are now some more blunt threads on the same topic, I'll stay here and try to act like it's not obvious who I'm talking about. I think we need to chill out on this kid. Although it's easy to laugh and joke, it seems like it's getting to the point of ganging up on him. This isn't high school and we aren't the cool crowd with a mission to pick on those who are different. We, including myself, aren't practicing what we preach. As a group we are being very "Unbuffetty."

viewtopic.php?t=72329
Un-Buffetty - (v.)

The act of not behaving in a manner embraced by Jimmy Buffett fans and supporters on planet Earth.

By nature, the rather diverse and interesting species called, "Buffetticus Eartaramus", tends to conduct themselves in a fashion of mutual respect for each other and looking out for fellow "phlock" members' well-being.
Starting right now, let's all back off on the hazing and cut Balki.... er.... Bernd... er.... whatever, some slack.

Ok...... maybe starting now instead. :wink:
I think we are talking about a 19 year old, whose native language probably isn't English, and has come to Buffettnews, first posting the setlists on the setlist threads, and now branching out a little more.

And while the grammar and language may be very awkward, I wish we could be a little less joking about him and a little more welcoming.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

ejr wrote:And while the grammar and language may be very awkward, I wish we could be a little less joking about him and a little more welcoming.
Exactly. I wonder how many people gave him the standard "Welcome to BN" we bestow on so many others.

rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World

Post by rednekkPH »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
ejr wrote:And while the grammar and language may be very awkward, I wish we could be a little less joking about him and a little more welcoming.
Exactly. I wonder how many people gave him the standard "Welcome to BN" we bestow on so many others.
Hey, I tried to steer him towards some helpful reading material. Not my fault my suggestion got yanked in someone's final blaze of moderating glory.

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

rednekkPH wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote:
Hey, I tried to steer him towards some helpful reading material. Not my fault my suggestion got yanked in someone's final blaze of moderating glory.
I don't know you and I have no problem with you personally, but I know why your post got yanked, because it really was a jerk move on your part. Personally, I'd be ashamed about that. But you're making jokes about him even after you know his feelings got hurt.