How old were you when...(ladies)

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 10637
Joined: August 31, 2005 10:25 am
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde
Location: Defying Gravity
Contact:

Post by Dezdmona »

buffettbride wrote:
Crzy wrote:We have been tested.. it is both of us... went thru one IVF cycle that failed.. I know it will happen..
Your kid will find you. :D

Isn't it crazy how we spend so much of our time trying to NOT get pregnant and then have to work so hard at it once we think we're ready?
Indeed. And the money we spent on fertility treatments was much better invested than if we had put it in the stock market. Tho' we spent boatloads; it's the best investment we ever made. :D
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog

pojo
Changing Channels
Posts: 18359
Joined: June 22, 2006 12:28 am
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Kemah, TX

Post by pojo »

I was 14/15... it was freshman year of HS.....

I didn't understand then the whole pad/tampon thingy..... my friends would make fun IF they noticed I had a pad on...... that wet, diaper feeling, the funny walk..... now can't stand them..... because I work in the pool... I've had a couple of days where the WHITE towel captured the moment.... what an embarrassment.... word of advice when wearing a swimming suit during aunt flo's visit......going thru swim team practices, and teaching swimming.... make sure the little white string is tucked in!

back then it was cramps, attitude, and 5-6days of heavy bleeding... went home sick a couple of days... of course my mom made an annoucement to the whole family that I became a woman.... what an embarrassment (yes again) now its .... cramps are so-so.... but sore boobies the week before... urgh!!! that's my calendar! I've been on the pill before and couldn't regulate it.... now its approximately the it ends the previous month is the day it starts the next month... heck with the 28 days crap! I had to go the urgent care the other day (not for this)... and the nurse asked when my LMP started.... um, I can give you the day it ends.... not the day it begins.

I hate when I have to fly with it.... I try not watching the clock with the flights... but in this case I have to... and can't flush ole trusty down the toilet (in the back of the plane) so have to walk to the garbage bag hanging up front with the putrid nasty smelling tampon & its applicator to the front while climbing over our maintenance men... 'oh that is so comfortable'! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Image

myke212
Hoot!
Posts: 2374
Joined: August 13, 2006 2:32 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Schaumburg Illinois

Post by myke212 »

About 5 minutes ago, when I started reading this
Life rewards the ones that got it down..
The difference between your ass and a hole in the ground! www.myspace.com/myke212
Image

pinacolada lover
License to Chill
Posts: 1468
Joined: April 5, 2007 11:48 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Too many to list!
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Don't Stop The Carnival

Post by pinacolada lover »

I swear, I wish your period was contagious because I'd stand as close to every man under the sun as I possibly could!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:

Salukulady
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3193
Joined: January 21, 2008 12:31 am
Number of Concerts: 7
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Post by Salukulady »

Regarding if this is a subject that is too private to speak about on a forum: The other night I had the privilege to attend a Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Concert with Sheryl Crow performing. It was wonderful! Sheryl was amazing.
For those of you that don't know who Susan G. Komen is, she was a woman in the 70's that had breast cancer and died from it. Her sister started the foundation. Her sister said that in the 70's (and most of us remember them) you didn't even say the word Breast. Her sister Susan lived in a small town and took her small town Docs advice regarding the cancer. It was a death sentence then. You weren't expected to live so you didn't talk about it or search for a second opinion.
Now we know more, right ladies. Ask, search, research and take control of your lives. And don't be afraid to talk about it.
The same goes for any female condition. I feel these forums are a wonderful place to share with women from all different walks of life. BN is a safe place. And you know what, if the men read it....good. Maybe we'll open their eyes up to something that may help them in their relationships.
Okay, off my soapbax............
Image

MacPhin
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3653
Joined: March 22, 2004 9:16 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything BUT Cheeseburger
Favorite Boat Drink: PainKiller
Location: wish'in where every day of the year could be June

Post by MacPhin »

Salukulady wrote:Regarding if this is a subject that is too private to speak about on a forum: The other night I had the privilege to attend a Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Concert with Sheryl Crow performing. It was wonderful! Sheryl was amazing.
For those of you that don't know who Susan G. Komen is, she was a woman in the 70's that had breast cancer and died from it. Her sister started the foundation. Her sister said that in the 70's (and most of us remember them) you didn't even say the word Breast. Her sister Susan lived in a small town and took her small town Docs advice regarding the cancer. It was a death sentence then. You weren't expected to live so you didn't talk about it or search for a second opinion.
Now we know more, right ladies. Ask, search, research and take control of your lives. And don't be afraid to talk about it.
The same goes for any female condition. I feel these forums are a wonderful place to share with women from all different walks of life. BN is a safe place. And you know what, if the men read it....good. Maybe we'll open their eyes up to something that may help them in their relationships.
Okay, off my soapbax............
i'm so glad you posted this. communication is the key to just about everything in life.
Image Image
JB on Anguilla 3/24/07 St.Barth's 11/7/09

Lately,newspaper mentioned cheap airfare.
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.
I'm close to bodily harm.

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Posts: 32699
Joined: April 6, 2004 11:43 am
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

BCP helped w/ cramps, but was a huge trigger for migraines for me. Never bothered with the pill after I had my daughter, as she was birth control enough 'til I met hubby. :lol:

Doctor always gave me Lodine to help w/ the cramps. Just treat with ibuprofin and chocolate now.

Never had issues with making babies. Can't wait 'til hubby is fixed and it's a non-issue.
Image

Salukulady
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3193
Joined: January 21, 2008 12:31 am
Number of Concerts: 7
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Post by Salukulady »

buffettbride wrote:

Never had issues with making babies. Can't wait 'til hubby is fixed and it's a non-issue.
I had 4 children instead of three waiting for the "fix". I got fixed instead.....didn't want 5.
Image

Desdamona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5574
Joined: August 30, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Pleiades via NE FL
Contact:

Post by Desdamona »

If the original topic didn't scare off our one brave male poster,
I'm sure this turn in the discussion will do it for good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't you just see a bunch of guys chatting in a "fix" thread???
Image Image

jimolliemom
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1566
Joined: March 23, 2004 12:11 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Freezing in Tennessee, TRYING to get back home.
Contact:

Post by jimolliemom »

Here's my take on men and "ladies" things...like all discussed here...

My Momma taught me, the same things that give you boobs and a girly shape give you your period and acne. He KNOWS you are a girl...he'll deal with it. Now, don't get gross or nasty but these things happen...that's life.

We have the breast fairy (originated from Mr. Bill Cosby raising all of his children!) and we all are aware of the way you grow up. My trouble was/is...why at 9!! She's still my baby. She still plays with dolls. She wants to be Cinderella for Halloween!!!

I really DO appreciate all the open-ness here. I feel like we can talk like adults and share stories and every once in a while, something you say will really help me...like lots of posts here. So thank you to all who have and keep um' coming. I want to laugh when I feel like I could cry!
"Mommy, when is Jimmy Buffett coming to OUR house? We go see him ALL THE TIME??" (Actual quote from my 5 y/o keet)

myke212
Hoot!
Posts: 2374
Joined: August 13, 2006 2:32 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Schaumburg Illinois

Post by myke212 »

Desdamona wrote:If the original topic didn't scare off our one brave male poster,
I'm sure this turn in the discussion will do it for good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't you just see a bunch of guys chatting in a "fix" thread???
If you ever met my Ex wife, you'd know I'm not easily scared! 8) :lol: :lol:
Life rewards the ones that got it down..
The difference between your ass and a hole in the ground! www.myspace.com/myke212
Image

Post Reply