Please Vote for my book for Jimmy's Book Club!!

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by Mottola-Buffett »

conched wrote:I ordered mine "media mail" on the first day they went on sale. I got a notice that it has shipped already.

We'll see how long media mail takes for this one.

Looking forward to reading your book, Lisa.
Thanks so much!!

Media mail took about 6 or 7 days from NC to my house in Tacoma. If you're in TX, one would assume it'd take less time (altho we are talking the USPS, aren't we??!)
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

My book arrived today! I did the "media mail" thingie.

Good heavens! If mine got shipped the cheap way, I wonder what they do with the expensive mailings? It arrived in a box (a BIG box) Inside the book is shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard. And the book itself is in a little Ethafoam pocket.

I felt like I was receiving something very precious :D

Thanks Lisa! I'll be firing up the bubble tub!
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

Hope you enjoy it Nancy. Now don't drop it in the tub!!
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Hey! Just received my copy. I also ordererd it "Media Mail" on that first day of sale. First ever copy sold. Cool.

Lisa,

Having done this "book publish/edit" thing before .... I gotta tell ya ... THE BOOK LOOKS GREAT! I know, I know ..... I'll read it .... but my first look was at the copyright pages, dedication, formatting, cover, etc. etc. Great work.

Now on to the "reading it" part.

~~~~ surfpirate
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

surfpirate wrote:Hey! Just received my copy. I also ordererd it "Media Mail" on that first day of sale. First ever copy sold. Cool.

Lisa,

Having done this "book publish/edit" thing before .... I gotta tell ya ... THE BOOK LOOKS GREAT! I know, I know ..... I'll read it .... but my first look was at the copyright pages, dedication, formatting, cover, etc. etc. Great work.

Now on to the "reading it" part.

~~~~ surfpirate
Thanks Bob - and I owe the great cover to Kevin McShane. I highly recommend his work. His website is www.KevinMcShane.org or, you can visit his comic strip site "Toupydoops" at http://www.lobrau.com

But, I hope you're as happy with the entire inside as you are with the "front matter"! :D
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

Just bumping for Sunday.
Thanks for being understanding.
:)

Lisa
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

Election Day bump... (couldn't help myself)
Jodibug
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Jodibug »

Extra bump . . .

and would LOVE it if someone could steer me in the right direction for publishing a book or submitting a screenplay.

Steve wrote one before he passed away . . . would make a great book or an incredible movie.

Sent it to a local publisher who wanted to do something with it but can't due to size.

Thanks . . . and will order . . . and congrats!! :D
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Jodibug wrote:Extra bump . . .

and would LOVE it if someone could steer me in the right direction for publishing a book or submitting a screenplay.

Steve wrote one before he passed away . . . would make a great book or an incredible movie.

Sent it to a local publisher who wanted to do something with it but can't due to size.

Both Lisa and I have used the same online service to self-publish books.
It is a fair amount of effort to edit and format the book, but it comes out great.
Either or both of us could help you with what you need to do as far as
page formatting/numbering, page layouts, ISDN numbers, copyrights, cover design, etc. etc.

Note: The cost (in dollars) is minimal. The cost (TIME/effort!) is a LOT (but worth it).

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Jodibug
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Jodibug »

surfpirate wrote:
Jodibug wrote:Extra bump . . .

Both Lisa and I have used the same online service to self-publish books.
It is a fair amount of effort to edit and format the book, but it comes out great.
Either or both of us could help you with what you need to do as far as
page formatting/numbering, page layouts, ISDN numbers, copyrights, cover design, etc. etc.

Note: The cost (in dollars) is minimal. The cost (TIME/effort!) is a LOT (but worth it).

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Thanks muchly m'dear and I sure will!! :D
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

First,
Thanks Jodi for the bump and well wishes :D

I can help you with what I know regarding a novel; not sure about a screenplay. Like Bob (Surfpirate)said, Lulu.com is an excellent way to go. Also, Bob is much more computer saavy than I am, so if your questions fall in that direction, he's your man.
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

And since I've been bumped, I thought I'd post a couple of the reviews I've received thus far to anyone who may be interested....

"FABULOUS LISA!!!!! I got my book on Saturday, started reading it yesterday and could barely put it down. If I didn't have to work today, I'd have stayed up and finished it. But finish it today, I did. I can't tell you how much I loved it!!! You really have a way of telling a story. You've GOT to write another one. I could go on and on about how great it was, but you get my point. I'm going to tell all of my friends about it, and intend to buy a couple more for Christmas gifts. By the way, hope sales are going well. You've got a right to be extremely proud of yourself -- it's a wonderful book!"

Joy (Griffin, Georgia)... received via MTP

"I love this book…. it was 11:30 and I had to go to sleep so I put the book down but I couldn't sleep because I really wanted to get back to the book.
Then today I couldn’t wait to get back to reading it! It invaded my day....I couldn’t get any work done!
It was great! I was reading so quickly the first time because it was soo good and so I just wanted to read through it a second time to make sure I had all the details. (I never read books twice, so thats really saying something that I want to read it again!!!)"

Amy (Naperville, IL)... received via MySpace

"I couldn't put this thing down. What have you done to me. Every moment I had I read a chapter. I loved it and I don't like to read. Only magazine articles and newspapers. I don't have the attention span for a book. But you have changed that. That is always something about me that I have wanted to change but NEVER could. Hats off to you sister!!!
All in all, I loved it. It made me blush, it made me laugh, it made me want to read!!! I just don't know what to read next.
Thanks for all the fun."

Carol (Cary, IL)... received via MySpace

AND, from a couple of our own BN Ladies:

"It's a nice easy beach read, the second half when it gets into the intrigue with CJ and his past was especially entertaining and kept me on edge. The Garry character -in MY head anyway -was of course Jimmy (only taller for some reason!) And oddly enough I was reallly jealous of Nichole!! A romance novel featuring a Jimmy clone was heavenly. I don't read "romance" type novels and the Fabio types on the covers do nothing for me. But JB is a different story! PH's will love it!
I had a good time reading it!"

Pam (Vermont)... via PM

"I finished the book and I loved it...you are a very good writer. I like the style of it...the main character telling her story.
I very much enjoyed it and will promote it to my friends.
Thanks for sharing..."

Kitty (Connecticut)... via PM

Thanks so very much everyone. It does my heart good to know that the story is being enjoyed!
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Lisa, it's been a blessing to me to have this book for a few minutes of escape several times a day when I have had the chance to read. I, of course, love the "Buffettisms." The chapter titles are excellent.

I'm only half-way through the book, and enjoy the first person POV from both of the characters. I am also enjoying the blending of things from up north and down south

Thanks!!!

BTW, I got the book on Saturday, just a few days after ordering with media mail shipping.
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

conched wrote:Lisa, it's been a blessing to me to have this book for a few minutes of escape several times a day when I have had the chance to read. I, of course, love the "Buffettisms." The chapter titles are excellent.

I'm only half-way through the book, and enjoy the first person POV from both of the characters. I am also enjoying the blending of things from up north and down south

Thanks!!!

BTW, I got the book on Saturday, just a few days after ordering with media mail shipping.
Thank you. That means so much to me; especially coming from a southerner. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but as a northerner who observes southerners throughout the story maybe you understand.
GumboPirate
License to Chill

Post by GumboPirate »

Congratulations!!!!

:D :D :D
ImageImage
MileHighPirate
Gypsies in the palace

Post by MileHighPirate »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DREAMS CAN COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

Thanks - both Pirates!
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

I woke up in the middle of the night and wondered just how everything would turn out....

so I stayed up to finish the book and found out what "Be Careful What You Wish For"...meant. Nice twist.

Enjoyed the book thoroughly! It was sort of like Factual Fiction or Fictional Facts. :wink:
Mottola-Buffett
Havana Daydreamin'

conched wrote:I woke up in the middle of the night and wondered just how everything would turn out....

so I stayed up to finish the book and found out what "Be Careful What You Wish For"...meant. Nice twist.

Enjoyed the book thoroughly! It was sort of like Factual Fiction or Fictional Facts. :wink:
Thanks Nancy :D
tikiwoman
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by tikiwoman »

Wowl looks great, will definitely check it out- congratulations!
Val
Thank God the Tiki Bar is Open!

Val