outrageous birthday presents

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

thebeachbumm33
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

outrageous birthday presents

Post by thebeachbumm33 »

So my bday falls on Thanksgiving this year and my wife finally :roll: asked me what I wanted :lol: I naturally asked for the usual, bottle of Captain, a little bud, and 8) So what's the most outrageous thing you ever asked for on your big day :wink:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do So throw off the bowlines Sail away from the safe harbor Catch the trade winds in your sails Explore Dream Discover
momsrule27
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita!

Re: outrageous birthday presents

Post by momsrule27 »

In 2006 my birthday had past but I found a 2005 Harley 883XL Sportster on Craigslist. I emailed the link to my hubby and he replied "when do you want to go look at it"? I had a 1984 Suzuki 450 that was on it's way out and really needed a new ride but I didn't think he would agree to go look at it....well it was in mint condition and he bought it! Two year later he got me a custom paint job - candy apple red with ghost flames for our Anniversary! It was gray which was wayyy to boring for me! It really was the best gift ever!
Ciao!
Char

--------------------

MOTM 2011, 2009, 2008, 2005
land_shark3
Here We Are

Post by land_shark3 »

thebeachbumm33 wrote:...I naturally asked for the usual, bottle of Captain, a little bud...
I don't know what the most outrageous gift I've asked for was, but I'm visiting you for Turkey Day. :pirate:

BTW if you like Captain, you should try Sailor Jerry.
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

When I turned the big FIVE-O earlier this year, I informed my wife that I was due a little middle-aged crazy ... and I planned on either A) buying a motorcycle B) buying a jeep wrangler or C) having an affair. Told her it was her choice which.

Damb woman said "Yeah right ..... *an affair*. Good luck with THAT", and she then laughed herself silly.

She called my bluff and I got none of the 3 for my birthday. She knows me too well.
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

surfpirate wrote:When I turned the big FIVE-O earlier this year, I informed my wife that I was due a little middle-aged crazy ... and I planned on either A) buying a motorcycle B) buying a jeep wrangler or C) having an affair. Told her it was her choice which.

Damb woman said "Yeah right ..... *an affair*. Good luck with THAT", and she then laughed herself silly.

She called my bluff and I got none of the 3 for my birthday. She knows me too well.
Did you post that request on Craigslist, or even on BN? You never know!
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

49 years.. I am the only one who has ever given me a decent Birthday gift..

Chirstmas su@#s too...
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

ragtopW wrote:49 years.. I am the only one who has ever given me a decent Birthday gift..

Chirstmas su@#s too...
in the words of a guy I used to work for, "always get yourself a good present. that way you are guaranteed one." anything beyond that, is gravy.
pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

land_shark3 wrote:
thebeachbumm33 wrote:...I naturally asked for the usual, bottle of Captain, a little bud...
I don't know what the most outrageous gift I've asked for was, but I'm visiting you for Turkey Day. :pirate:

BTW if you like Captain, you should try Sailor Jerry.
I agree with the Sailor Jerry. Better then the Captain or the Admiral. Matter of fact the lower the rank the
better the Rum. :D
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

This year hubby is asking for a new wedding ring because he just lost his. He was chucking a snowball across the parking lot at our son's school and because he's lost about 50lbs, his wedding ring has been loose. It slid of his finger and we haven't been able to find it. It doesn't help that it could be lodged in a snowbank somewhere. :lol:
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

buffettbride wrote:This year hubby is asking for a new wedding ring because he just lost his. He was chucking a snowball across the parking lot at our son's school and because he's lost about 50lbs, his wedding ring has been loose. It slid of his finger and we haven't been able to find it. It doesn't help that it could be lodged in a snowbank somewhere. :lol:
Since one of the students might possibly locate the ring as they are walking/playing in the area the first thing you should do is let it be known at the school that the ring is missing (possibly in a snowbank nearby) and offer a reasonable reward for its return. Either that, or contact someone with a metal detector and have them scan the snowbanks in the area for you. My mother lost her ring working in the yard a few years back, and the next-door neighbor with a metal detector turned it up within about 15 minutes (of course, we did have a smaller area to search than an entire parking lot).

As far as that goes, a lost-and-found ad in the paper wouldn't cost very much and might do the trick for you.

Good luck, and may the Phin-power be with you!!
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
krusin1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: loaded Corona

Post by krusin1 »

Hmmmm.... great birthday gifts? Truthfully.... nothing comes to mind except the "chopper" bicycle with flame decals that I got for my 10th birthday.

Brings up a question, though....

My 40th is in about six months. Dear wife (bless her heart) mentioned having a party, but as a concert-attender-but-usually-under-protest, probably will just do the standard black balloon thing. Probably invite family, will get me some golf balls for a present (I play 3-4 rounds a year.)

Not to be an ingrate, but think I'm gonna want to rip it up a little more than that....

Any suggestions for.... interesting.... things to do/places to go/presents to self? :pirate:
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" ~ Satchel Paige

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
buffettbride wrote:This year hubby is asking for a new wedding ring because he just lost his. He was chucking a snowball across the parking lot at our son's school and because he's lost about 50lbs, his wedding ring has been loose. It slid of his finger and we haven't been able to find it. It doesn't help that it could be lodged in a snowbank somewhere. :lol:
Since one of the students might possibly locate the ring as they are walking/playing in the area the first thing you should do is let it be known at the school that the ring is missing (possibly in a snowbank nearby) and offer a reasonable reward for its return. Either that, or contact someone with a metal detector and have them scan the snowbanks in the area for you. My mother lost her ring working in the yard a few years back, and the next-door neighbor with a metal detector turned it up within about 15 minutes (of course, we did have a smaller area to search than an entire parking lot).

As far as that goes, a lost-and-found ad in the paper wouldn't cost very much and might do the trick for you.

-"BB"-
It's a Catholic school, so I HOPE someone will turn it in when/if it is found. The director already sent an e-mail to everyone to keep an eye out for it. We'll probably do something nice for the finder, I'm sure.
Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo

Post by Joetown Parrothead »

On November 5th this year, my wife Sheryl surprised me with a trip to VEGAS with some friends and family for my 50th. Told me we were going to Kansas City to eat out, had the Limo with our friends, the Bar was loaded and we were partying a lot on the way to KC, next thing I knew the Limo Driver said he had to stop for a package at KCI and we were at the Skycap at Southwest with our Luggage there and I was told get out and get on the plane we was heading to VEGAS. Got to the Motel and more people showed up. It was awesome, a total surprise. I had NO CLUE about any of it, my VP of our Company flew in and spent a couple of days and my best friend took us All out to Hugo's Cellar for Dinner.

Then the down side, on November 6th after partying most of the night we got the phone call that my Dad had passed away at the Breakfast Table. We stayed another day because my Dad would of wanted me to, then headed to Arkansas for the services... It will be a Birthday that I will always remember because of the great things that did happen and my Dad knew about it for 3 months and never let on. He was never real good about keeping a secret.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

krusin1 wrote:Hmmmm.... great birthday gifts? Truthfully.... nothing comes to mind except the "chopper" bicycle with flame decals that I got for my 10th birthday.

Brings up a question, though....

My 40th is in about six months. Dear wife (bless her heart) mentioned having a party, but as a concert-attender-but-usually-under-protest, probably will just do the standard black balloon thing. Probably invite family, will get me some golf balls for a present (I play 3-4 rounds a year.)

Not to be an ingrate, but think I'm gonna want to rip it up a little more than that....

Any suggestions for.... interesting.... things to do/places to go/presents to self? :pirate:

one of my Best ever Birthdays.. driving down A1A to Key West..
Alabama Jack's
No Name Pub.
Mallory Square for sunset.
Conch Republic for a Dark and Stormy
dinner at Sloppy Joe's
(here is the part the wife might not go for) a stop at the Red Garter
and one at Teasers..

the rest of the week was quite a trip
meeting Creeky
playing Fireman in my PJ's
rooming with R2..
I met Kevin Montgomery.. 8) 8)
MOTM rocked.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

I really wanted/needed a few things, so I ordered them and when they came in, I handed them unopened to my husband, who will wrap them and give them to me for my birthday. Bing bam boom.....JUST WHAT I WANTED !!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
-"BB"-
Hubby found it yesterday! It had been lodged in the snow, but it melted during the day so he was able to spot it easily when he picked up her son.
IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

thebeachbumm33 wrote:So my bday falls on Thanksgiving this year and my wife finally :roll: asked me what I wanted :lol: I naturally asked for the usual, bottle of Captain, a little bud, and 8) So what's the most outrageous thing you ever asked for on your big day :wink:
I would have asked for a little trip to Key West to find your BURIED TREASURE!!!! Two gifts for the price of one!!!! :wink:
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

buffettbride wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:
Hubby found it yesterday! It had been lodged in the snow, but it melted during the day so he was able to spot it easily when he picked up her son.
Glad to hear it. Now take it to a jeweler and get it properly resized.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!

Post by VanillaGrl »

Hmmm... my birthday is just another day to me so I've never asked for ... anything really. And most times, if there is something I really want, outrageous or not, I just end up getting it for myself.
KK :wench:
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

I got a birthday bus trip to a Yankee's game one year thrown by my boyfriend at the time and one of my friends....40 people on a charter bus, listening to Buffett on the way in, having jello shots and beers...VERY FUN!!!! [smilie=battingeyes.gif] :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain