Biggest Movie Blunders............

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Biggest Movie Blunders............

Post by pair8head »

You've all seen em, what is the one blunder made in a movie that just gets on your nerves the most?

Mine is from Star Wars.

"You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?…It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. " ― Han Solo ...

What's wrong with it?

A Parsec is a unit for measuring distance not speed.
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.

popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Re: Biggest Movie Blunders............

Post by popcornjack »

In the movie "Anaconda" at one point the boat they're on gets stuck on a sand bar (or maybe just runs aground, I can't exactly remember) and in the background there is a waterfall. Later in the movie the boat frees itself. Now instead of filming that, they simply run the film backwards. How can you tell?

The waterfall goes up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Any movie starring Madonna
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

LIPH wrote:Any movie starring Madonna
* DING DING DING * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are correct, sir. :lol:
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

Damnit Larry!!! It's too early for me to throw up in my mouth a little. [smilie=beadygrinner.gif] :lol:
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.

I lost my cat :cry: Nevermind I found her!!! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

Any movie that takes place in Washington DC. They always get something wrong. In No Way Out (with Kevin Costner), he's running though an underground Metro station in DC and when he gets to the street, he is in Baltimore. Or someone gives some directions to streets that don't exist or don't intersect. Stuff like that. It really doesn't bother me though, it's just sort of funny. 8)
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...

smiller
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: The Wino and I Know
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by smiller »

I can't remember with James Bond movie it is, but there are bad dudes chasing Bond on 3 wheelers. Then you see one of their tires rolling accross the screen. In the next sceen, they are all chasing him again. Makes me laugh everytime.
"wishing every month of the year could be June" - JB So TRUE!

backstreets77
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate\Redemption Song
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Steel Bottom
Location: I left NEPA for the sweetest place on earth Hershey

Post by backstreets77 »

In Dazed and Confused you can see in the back ground shots some modern day cars. The movie is suppose to take place in 1976. Same thing in Goodfellas.

Tarheel Tail-Gator
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40, Migration, Cowboy in the Jungle,,,,,,
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Zaya, with Lime and 1 ice cube

Post by Tarheel Tail-Gator »

Hockey Mon wrote:Any movie that takes place in Washington DC. They always get something wrong. In No Way Out (with Kevin Costner), he's running though an underground Metro station in DC and when he gets to the street, he is in Baltimore. Or someone gives some directions to streets that don't exist or don't intersect. Stuff like that. It really doesn't bother me though, it's just sort of funny. 8)

In Night at the Museum 2, the continuity is terrible. They skip around the Mall and the Monuments like they are all within a block of each other.

Sanjuro's tequila
Favorite Buffett Song: Recently: Tin Cup Chalice
Favorite Boat Drink: Today: Extra dry martini

Post by Sanjuro's tequila »

pair8head wrote:You've all seen em, what is the one blunder made in a movie that just gets on your nerves the most?

Mine is from Star Wars.

"You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?…It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. " ― Han Solo ...

What's wrong with it?

Actually, The Kessel Run was an 18-parsec route used by smugglers to move glitterstim spice from Kessel to an area south of the Si'Klaata Cluster without getting caught by the Imperial ships that were guarding the movement of spice from Kessel's mines. A parsec was a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance. By moving closer to the black holes, Solo managed to cut the distance down to about 11.5 parsecs.

Per this thing

NERD!

Sanjuro's tequila
Favorite Buffett Song: Recently: Tin Cup Chalice
Favorite Boat Drink: Today: Extra dry martini

Post by Sanjuro's tequila »

backstreets77 wrote:In Dazed and Confused you can see in the back ground shots some modern day cars. The movie is suppose to take place in 1976. Same thing in Goodfellas.

That drives me absolutely batty... People in period clothes and a highway in the background with 2008 Honda Civics driving back and forth.

SkoolGrl<3
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: today: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: if it's got rum or tequila, gimme it!!!

Post by SkoolGrl<3 »

pair8head wrote:You've all seen em, what is the one blunder made in a movie that just gets on your nerves the most?

Mine is from Star Wars.

What's wrong with it?

Oh, now you've done it!!! And I see the Senor Smokinballz already found this and responded!
"She's cute when she drunk dials - odd combination of cute, sappy sweet, and curse like a sailor all in one." -Surfpirate

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

Hockey Mon wrote:Any movie that takes place in Washington DC. They always get something wrong. In No Way Out (with Kevin Costner), he's running though an underground Metro station in DC and when he gets to the street, he is in Baltimore. Or someone gives some directions to streets that don't exist or don't intersect. Stuff like that. It really doesn't bother me though, it's just sort of funny. 8)

That's pretty much any TV show or move that takes place in a city one is familiar with.
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.

I lost my cat :cry: Nevermind I found her!!! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

Sanjuro's tequila wrote:

Mine is from Star Wars.

What's wrong with it?

Actually, The Kessel Run was an 18-parsec route used by smugglers to move glitterstim spice from Kessel to an area south of the Si'Klaata Cluster without getting caught by the Imperial ships that were guarding the movement of spice from Kessel's mines. A parsec was a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance. By moving closer to the black holes, Solo managed to cut the distance down to about 11.5 parsecs.

Per this thing

NERD!
The real life answer is George Lucas didn't know a parsec was a measure of distance, not time. So, he used a cool sounding word and got called on it. A story was made up to cover it (there are many such cases) and everybody was happy. Except of course me.
SAVE THE EARTH

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

pair8head wrote:
Sanjuro's tequila wrote:

Mine is from Star Wars.

What's wrong with it?

Per this thing

NERD!
The real life answer is George Lucas didn't know a parsec was a measure of distance, not time. So, he used a cool sounding word and got called on it. A story was made up to cover it (there are many such cases) and everybody was happy. Except of course me.
Don, I'm sorry you are not happy. You should go to a concert. There is one next in VA. You'd have fun. 8)

pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

Hockey Mon wrote: Don, I'm sorry you are not happy. You should go to a concert. There is one next in VA. You'd have fun. 8)
Sorry, got too many other things going right now.
But thank you for your concern. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SAVE THE EARTH

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

ph4ever wrote:

That's pretty much any TV show or move that takes place in a city one is familiar with.
Yeah, that's true. So it's not necessarily a blunder that everyone would recognize.

TropicalTroubador
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in front of me.

Post by TropicalTroubador »

pair8head wrote:
Sanjuro's tequila wrote:

Mine is from Star Wars.

What's wrong with it?

Per this thing

NERD!
Well, *I* had heard, a long time ago, that Lucas *did* know what a parsec is; he gave Han the line to show that Han was a lot about bluster and bluff, and capable of making up something that sounded impressive just because, regardless of whether it made sense or not.

But speaking of Star Wars blunders...there are a *lot* of odd continuity glitches, etc., but one of my favorite is near the end of the original movie ("A New Hope"), where they've come back from the Death Star run. Luke gets out of his X-Wing and runs over to hug Leia (actress Carrie Fisher). She shouts "Luke!" He shouts "Carrie!"
Living my life on Island Standard Time...
Island Standard Time - the new Trop Rock album from Loren Davidson - now available!

http://www.lorendavidson.com

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

In Die Hard II ... taking place supposedly at Dulles Airport outside of Washington D.C.,
John McClain (Bruce Willis) uses a payphone with the logo of Pacific Bell on the phone.

Jack Bauer's entire romp a season ago in *24* through and under
(we have a sewer/tunnel system that runs from the river somehow to the White House ???),
is a complete factual mess.

Of course in every *24* the speed they get from point A to point B through non-existent traffic
and then easily find a parking space in the middle of the city right in front of whatever building they
are heading into is ridiculous.

But one thing I noticed. Apparent on the west coast, highway systems are referred to as "the" number,
e.g. "the 405", "the 110"

Jack Bauer refers to the Washington DC Beltway and Interstate as "the 495" and "the 95". We call it "495" and "I-95".

Jack's cell phone service is also impeccable.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

jmartin71
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son of a Sailor
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark/Corona with a Lime

Post by jmartin71 »

Days of Thunder, When Cole Trickle(Tom Cruise) goes to visit Rowdy, Rowdy's wife calls Tom Cruise "Tom" instead of Cole and it never got cut!!