Grandma Duped by Stranger's Seeds

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Grandma Duped by Stranger's Seeds

Post by bravedave »

UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - A southwestern Pennsylvania grandmother says she's no marijuana grower, just a woman who wanted something that would look pretty next to her tomatoes.
A Fayette County jury cleared 67-year-old Alberta Kelley of drug possession and manufacture charges on Wednesday after she told them she simply tossed a handful of seeds into her garden after a bearded stranger gave them to her.
Connellsville police charged Kelley a year ago after receiving a tip about Kelley's garden. Investigators say they found seven well-cultivated, four-foot marijuana plants behind her home.
But Kelley claimed she didn't know what she was growing. She said she'd been given the seeds by a stranger in a pointy hat who told her they were flower seeds.
Kelley tells WTAE-TV that to her, "weeds are weeds."

Was it Gandalf, or just some roving gnome who provided Grandma with the seeds of her undoing? No word on the whereabouts of the cow, believed to have been part of the bargain.

Skibo
Hoot!

Re: Grandma Duped by Stranger's Seeds

Post by Skibo »

Yeah, this isn't the first time I've heard of a pot growing grandma not know what she was growin'
Rub yours on me and I'll rub mine on you

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Reminds me of police storming a home in Houston for growing marijuana, but it was a flower called a Texas star hibiscus.

http://www.chron.com/news/bizarre/artic ... 971665.php

http://plantnative.blogspot.com/2009/07 ... -star.html

jayparrot46
Hoot!

Post by jayparrot46 »

yea there a lot of plants that look like pot out there :D