media hype over so called "pink slime"

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Re: media hype over so called "pink slime"

Post by ScarletB »

clayp wrote:yup, live in amarillo, and work for bpi. but amm hyd is in half the foods made. even tofu! :o
(my smilies don't work........hmmmm..) theres a good representation on our website of amounts in everyday food we eat. (spam again??)
I'll be interested in seeing what else it's in, I'll stop eating those things too. :o
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

clayp wrote:yup, live in amarillo, and work for bpi. but amm hyd is in half the foods made. even tofu! :o
(my smilies don't work........hmmmm..) theres a good representation on our website of amounts in everyday food we eat. (spam again??)
Good luck, Clay.
I know we have been eating it for years.....don't think it has killed any of us yet.

UAHparrothead
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 3
Location: Standing at the fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Post by UAHparrothead »

msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

Everything "ClayP" has wrote is a bunch of "pink slime " lies. The name was made up by the industry, the one he is spamming every message board out there.

This is a parrothead board. GTFO

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkwUt-bqIo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ftiITYw ... re=related[/youtube]
Lake Erie Pirate scientist

pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

msu#1 wrote:Everything "ClayP" has wrote is a bunch of "pink slime " lies. The name was made up by the industry, the one he is spamming every message board out there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkwUt-bqIo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ftiITYw ... re=related[/youtube]
I respectfully disagree with your comments here. You have any proof that everything he's said is a lie?
I've heard from more then a few sources that the name was made up by someone in the media.
Yes this is a parrothead board so what? We talk about all kinds of things here not just Jimmy and his music.
ClayP is being respectful of our opinions, why can't we be so of his?
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Remember a few years back when Oprah told everyone that beef was the
worst food in the world? I'm living proof that you can d*m near eat anything
and not die. If you're worried about your hamburg, buy it at the farmer's
market. Jeeze! One more thing to fret over. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

smiller wrote:I have never heard of pink slime.

But I do like me some SPAM

fried SPAM
bbq SPAM
SPAM and eggs
SPAM and cheese

There's many uses for the SPecial hAM!
According to the people at Hormel, who produce the pink luncheon meat, SPAM got its name because it was originally made of Pork Shoulder meat and Ham ... although there are some others who claim the "SP" part of SPAM comes from "spiced".
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

msu#1 wrote:Everything "ClayP" has wrote is a bunch of "pink slime " lies. The name was made up by the industry, the one he is spamming every message board out there.

Fixed it for you, msu#1. When using the "youtube" tags, you don't have to enclose the entire URL, just the sections I've highlighted in red (see below).

youtube.com/watch?v=RBkwUt-bqIo
youtube.com/watch?v=0ftiITYwJkk&feature=related
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

Ragtop Girl
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Ragtop Day
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM DRINKS !

Post by Ragtop Girl »

Sorry but just the thought of pink slime turns my stomach and I can't eat any of it. I will only eat ground beef if it is fresh gound for someone I know.
Barb

Throw all our cares away, Its a ragtop day...

Great Woods - 7/19

Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

Ragtop Girl wrote:Sorry but just the thought of pink slime turns my stomach and I can't eat any of it. I will only eat ground beef if it is fresh gound for someone I know.
I'm with you...

It's not as big a problem here in Canada. I'll be very careful where I order my next cheeseburger when I get to the US.
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

pair8head wrote:Yes this is a parrothead board so what? We talk about all kinds of things here not just Jimmy and his music.
ClayP is being respectful of our opinions, why can't we be so of his?
Thank you, Don.

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

Left Field ParrotHead wrote:
Ragtop Girl wrote:Sorry but just the thought of pink slime turns my stomach and I can't eat any of it. I will only eat ground beef if it is fresh gound for someone I know.
I'm with you...

It's not as big a problem here in Canada. I'll be very careful where I order my next cheeseburger when I get to the US.
No Slime at GW :D
Dave

clayp
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: come monday
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by clayp »

msu#1, i personally am only blogging on this site. my unemployed co-workers are def blogging on other sites. scarletb there is a link on the different foods that contain ammonia beefisbeef.com.
as far as jamie oliver's utube rendition of our process?, wow i was blown away. it's ironic that at the moment he is overseas, while 3 of his restaurants on the east coast have recently been connected to food poisonings with E.coli.
even more ironic that we are closed and have never been linked to any foodborne illness...

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

clayp wrote:msu#1, i personally am only blogging on this site. my unemployed co-workers are def blogging on other sites. scarletb there is a link on the different foods that contain ammonia beefisbeef.com.
as far as jamie oliver's utube rendition of our process?, wow i was blown away. it's ironic that at the moment he is overseas, while 3 of his restaurants on the east coast have recently been connected to food poisonings with E.coli.
even more ironic that we are closed and have never been linked to any foodborne illness...

First of all, I want to apologize for anyone here who's been rude, not generally a Parrothead trait.
I guess I don't understand why your company and any company like it who processes meat of any sort can't just start NOT doing it this way and stay in business. I know that's probably a dumb, oversimplified question but there's a lot of ground meat out there and I'm assuming a lot of it does not involve this process.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

clayp
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by clayp »

that answer is not simple, but processes like ours recover about 15 lbs of pure lean beef from every head of cattle that are produced daily in the US. about 100,000 a day. we aren't (or weren't in this case)the only producers of LFTB, just the largest. FTB won't evaporate with our company, just yesterday Cargill offered a label to USDA for approval that will say "contains FTB" for their ground beef.

Ragtop Girl
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Ragtop Day
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM DRINKS !

Post by Ragtop Girl »

gunthermoose wrote:
Left Field ParrotHead wrote:
I'm with you...

No Slime at GW :D
Thank you.
Barb

Throw all our cares away, Its a ragtop day...

Great Woods - 7/19

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

clayp wrote:that answer is not simple, but processes like ours recover about 15 lbs of pure lean beef from every head of cattle that are produced daily in the US. about 100,000 a day. we aren't (or weren't in this case)the only producers of LFTB, just the largest. FTB won't evaporate with our company, just yesterday Cargill offered a label to USDA for approval that will say "contains FTB" for their ground beef.
Thanks (((Clayp)))
Having lived in the Amarillo area, I understand what you are saying and dealing with.

It is amazing that we have all eaten 'pink slime' long before it had a name and didn't know it.
And I don't think it hurt any of us.....

~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by ~Hippolyte~ »

clayp wrote:msu#1, i personally am only blogging on this site. my unemployed co-workers are def blogging on other sites. scarletb there is a link on the different foods that contain ammonia www.beefisbeef.com
Here's the first video information I found from the beef is beef website, that I found interesting:

I'll also mention that I used to work with a few of the Human Resources people at BPI (in my last job) that were great people. I'm not going to claim that the beef business is great like they are, but we can't say that about most businesses today.

As a Jimmy fan and Saints fan, I like that Jimmy has been seen wearing a 'Save Sean Payton' t-shirt. But when I think about what all was involved in the 'bounty' program and what it entails....maybe it's not a great idea for Jimmy to wear that. Perhaps he could just silently stand by his friend during a tough time.

I'm not one to step away just because I don't want to ruffle feathers....but I will say that when I first heard, "pink slime" I jumped on the bandwagon of ASSuming it was terrible and wanted nothing to do with it....until today I hadn't taken the time to actually LOOK into what it is exactly and learn that ammonia and ammonium hydroxide come from natural substances that I'm ingesting or living with in other ways.

Perhaps I'm just trying to say that anyone that loses their job over 'media hype' (whether that's all this is or not) is in a tough situation. I've been unemployed since January 2011....and it $ucks!!

Thanks Clay for coming and making a post that led me to actually learn something :D
Frisco Feeding Frenzies I-V (+16 other shows)

clayp
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by clayp »

Thanks H, hope you find work soon..and for the record, double,double, animal style is my FAVORITE in-n-out burger! Need to build one in the tx panhandle!

msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

First, no one is allowed to apologize for me because I meant everything.

Second , you're not a parrothead you probably know nothing about Jimmy Buffett but because you're being paid for a viral marketing campaign to help your TAINTED MEAT product you are spamming multiple boards.

If I buy ground beef at the store I expect it to be beef not "70% recovered beef" to use your terms. Recovered beef stands for ecoli and tainted guts of the cow that are processed with AMMONIA and put back into small pieces to make "meat".

Nice you didnt deny Jaime Oliver but instead claimed he has ecoli in his places..................uh so what if he did(i dont believe it). I would surely take a few spoiled fillets in the freezer over MY ENTIRE BUSINESS IS BASED ON USING TAINTED MEAT CLEANED WITH AMMONIA.

So Ammonia isnt dangerous or poison???? How about you combine it with bleach and breathe it in for awhile then tell us what happens.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist