NFL 2012 Season

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: NFL 2012 Season

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:I watched a couple of shows on ESPN today and all the talking heads could talk about was whether the officials should have called a penalty on the 49ers last play. Pass interference, defensive holding, illegal contact, whatever. But nobody said anything about the kickoff return for a touchdown. There was a guy from the 49ers, I think it was #49, being blocked by 2 Ravens and both of them were holding him. It was right in the middle of the field, couldn't have been 5 yards from Jacoby Jones as he was going up the middle, and somehow all 7 officials missed it. I'm sure if you went back and looked at every play there were penalties missed on both teams, but that was so obvious it was ridiculous they missed it. And when they had that big pileup along the sidelines and the guy from the Ravens shoved an official when he got up, that's supposed to be an automatic ejection and he didn't even get a penalty. I understand the concept of letting the teams play because you don't want the officials to affect the game, but when they don't call obvious penalties they are affecting the game.
the receiver ran into the defender, and never made a football move for the ball..also he had his hands on the defender... the ball wasn't even catch-able, it landed so far out of bounds.....i thought it was a good non call....that said , the officials really didn't have a stellar game.
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

Hockey Mon wrote:
Left Field ParrotHead wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:I guess the NFC East will be gunning for the Super Bowl next year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh now...but the last four years the Super Bowl was won by whatever team faced the Eagles in their home opener. So it could easily be an NFC East (Giants :P ) Super Bowl again. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
The last 7 NFC representatives in the Super Bowl have played the AFC East. Could be a good year to be Falcons, Saints, Panthers or Buccaneers fan.
The Redskins have beaten the last 3 Super Bowl Champs during the regular season those teams won the Super Bowl. Good news for anyone playing the Redskins this coming year.
I think Giants fans are hoping that they play and lose to the Redskins in Week 15. The last two times this happened, the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. And the scores were almost identical.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

lime rickie wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:I guess the NFC East will be gunning for the Super Bowl next year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh now...but the last four years the Super Bowl was won by whatever team faced the Eagles in their home opener. So it could easily be an NFC East (Giants :P ) Super Bowl again. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
The last 7 NFC representatives in the Super Bowl have played the AFC East. Could be a good year to be Falcons, Saints, Panthers or Buccaneers fan.
Ummm, do you mean NFC East?
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

aeroparrot wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
No. I mean the AFC East.

Without going into a complex explanation of how the NFL schedule works, but if anyone wants it, I will gladly take the time and explain it.
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

TommyBahama wrote:
LIPH wrote:I watched a couple of shows on ESPN today and all the talking heads could talk about was whether the officials should have called a penalty on the 49ers last play. Pass interference, defensive holding, illegal contact, whatever. But nobody said anything about the kickoff return for a touchdown. There was a guy from the 49ers, I think it was #49, being blocked by 2 Ravens and both of them were holding him. It was right in the middle of the field, couldn't have been 5 yards from Jacoby Jones as he was going up the middle, and somehow all 7 officials missed it. I'm sure if you went back and looked at every play there were penalties missed on both teams, but that was so obvious it was ridiculous they missed it. And when they had that big pileup along the sidelines and the guy from the Ravens shoved an official when he got up, that's supposed to be an automatic ejection and he didn't even get a penalty. I understand the concept of letting the teams play because you don't want the officials to affect the game, but when they don't call obvious penalties they are affecting the game.
the receiver ran into the defender, and never made a football move for the ball..also he had his hands on the defender... the ball wasn't even catch-able, it landed so far out of bounds.....i thought it was a good non call....that said , the officials really didn't have a stellar game.
I agree with everything you said, except the "un-catchable" part. I thought so at first, but then I saw this photo. It was more catchable than the one that Santonio Holmes caught a few years back...and he actually did catch it.

I do still agree, they were right in not making the call, but not because it was uncatchable.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

aeroparrot wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
No. I mean the AFC East.

Without going into a complex explanation of how the NFL schedule works, but if anyone wants it, I will gladly take the time and explain it.
I understand. The schedule "rotates" who your alternate-conference opponents are. One year, the NFC North plays the AFC South. Next year, they would play the AFC East, then AFC North, then AFC West.
Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm

CaptainP wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
No. I mean the AFC East.

I understand. The schedule "rotates" who your alternate-conference opponents are. One year, the NFC North plays the AFC South. Next year, they would play the AFC East, then AFC North, then AFC West.
Exactly!! [smilie=asa.gif]
Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm

maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

Video NSFW

Some guy secretly filmed his friend (Eagles fan), friend's brother (Seahawks fan) and friend's dad (Cowboys fan) over the course of last season.

I am easily the dad on any given game day.

I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

#1 pick, Eric Fisher, from that football factory Central Michigan! 8)

LiveandletLiver
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: I'll get back to you on this
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Diet Coke (sucks don't it)

Post by LiveandletLiver »

Congrats. He seems like a nice kid and will be a good player. It was a weird first round with a lot of reaches and guys getting drafted on spec.
Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

chippewa wrote:#1 pick, Eric Fisher, from that football factory Central Michigan! 8)

Just what I was thinking last night when they announced his name...
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...
CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

Mantei T'eo drafted by Chargers.

Perfect! He can now live in Southern California, and finally be close to his girlfrie....oh, yeah.
Tequila Revenge
Lester Polyester
Favorite Boat Drink: cubra libre

Post by Tequila Revenge »

Patriots' signing of QB Tim Tebow could be coach Bill Belichick's latest masterstroke

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--patri ... 18894.html
got to stop wishin' got to start fishin'....
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Tequila Revenge wrote:Patriots' signing of QB Tim Tebow could be coach Bill Belichick's latest masterstroke

i think the QB label will be dropped.....the signing tells me , he's agreed to position change!!!.....he's not signing as a back up to Brady!!!
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

I may just have to hold my nose and cheer for the Patriots this year.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

What is the over under for positions played by Tebow this coming season for the Pats? He will get at least 1 snap at QB, RB, WR, probably TE . . . perhaps FB; wouldn't be surprised to see him in secondary either . . . If he wants to play then be must whore himself to both god and Bellichick which really are the same thing - at least on Sundays and an occasional Monday nite.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Tequila Revenge
Lester Polyester
Favorite Boat Drink: cubra libre

Post by Tequila Revenge »

drunkpirate66 wrote:What is the over under for positions played by Tebow this coming season for the Pats? He will get at least 1 snap at QB, RB, WR, probably TE . . . perhaps FB; wouldn't be surprised to see him in secondary either . . . If he wants to play then be must whore himself to both god and Bellichick which really are the same thing - at least on Sundays and an occasional Monday nite.
Tebow's fantasy value just skyrocketed :P Fantasy Geeks all over are re-working their drafts tonight.
got to stop wishin' got to start fishin'....
CaptainP
Last Man Standing

Post by CaptainP »

Tequila Revenge wrote:Patriots' signing of QB Tim Tebow could be coach Bill Belichick's latest masterstroke

Oh, Goody.

ESPN today: Tebow, Tebow, NBA Finals, Tebow, Baseball, Tebow, Baseball, NBA, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, NFL Preview, Tebow, Tebow, Top Ten List, Tebow, Baseball, Baseball, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Stanley Cup Finals, Tebow.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Tebow.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .