2013 NFL Season

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: 2013 NFL Season

Post by LIPH »

I wonder how much money Las Vegas lost on the Denver game? If I were a betting man, I would have given the points. There's no way I thought the Jags would be within 30 points of the Broncos.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

LIPH wrote:I wonder how much money Las Vegas lost on the Denver game? If I were a betting man, I would have given the points. There's no way I thought the Jags would be within 30 points of the Broncos.
The site I check frequently said the percentage of bets was 50/50. In other words, Vegas took their 10% and came out ahead on that game.

And in case you missed it... http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat ... -red-zone/
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Left Field ParrotHead wrote:
LIPH wrote:I wonder how much money Las Vegas lost on the Denver game? If I were a betting man, I would have given the points. There's no way I thought the Jags would be within 30 points of the Broncos.
The site I check frequently said the percentage of bets was 50/50. In other words, Vegas took their 10% and came out ahead on that game.

And in case you missed it... http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat ... -red-zone/
Looks like the Thursday night game spared Ellie from being the brunt this week...
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I would of bet the Jag's , to many points not to. I'm surprised it was 50/50 , seemed like the line came down , telling me , more were betting the Jag's.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

enuf said.... (this is special, just for Bob :wink: )

SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

that is called the "middle" 8) 8) 8) 8)
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I was watching NFL Live on ESPN this afternoon. They said the guy who's going to start at QB for Houston this week (can't remember his name) when they play KC will be the 7th QB to get his first NFL start against an Andy Reid-coached team. "Three of the last 5 lost the game." If he's the 7th, that means there have only been 6 others. If 3 of the last 5 lost, the first one probably won. What's the point of that stat? It's meaningless.
Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

ragtopW wrote:

that is called the "middle" 8) 8) 8) 8)
They set those lines in NFL, and then move them, every game in the best interest of even wagering.
Where they lose there "asses" is on boxing matches.
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I'm at Sin City Brewing at the Flamingo in Vegas. Lots of people wearing NE Patriots shirts, really loud and obnoxious. They got very, very quiet a little while ago. I wonder what happened?
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

LIPH wrote:I'm at Sin City Brewing at the Flamingo in Vegas. Lots of people wearing NE Patriots shirts, really loud and obnoxious. They got very, very quiet a little while ago. I wonder what happened?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

So, all of the Patriots fans, and Bill Belichek, are whining about a call against their team. A rule that is in the rule book that very few people knew about, and is rarely enforced.

I, for one, think they have every reason to be upset. This kind of thing never effects the outcome of a game **COUGH COUGH TUCK RULE COUGH COUGH**
Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

CaptainP wrote:So, all of the Patriots fans, and Bill Belichek, are whining about a call against their team. A rule that is in the rule book that very few people knew about, and is rarely enforced.

I, for one, think they have every reason to be upset. This kind of thing never effects the outcome of a game **COUGH COUGH TUCK RULE COUGH COUGH**
This was a rule that the players wanted , it was presented to the rules committee to protect them from injuries. Also , last week against the Saints , on the last TD pass to win the game , there was a obvious holding call right in Front of Brady. The picture was all over Facebook.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

After two disappointing seasons with Sanchez at the helm, Gang Green is now 4-3 and one game behind the Patriots in the AFC East with rookie Geno Smith running the offense.

Sanchez, on the other hand, hasn’t played a snap in 2013, and is out for the season after undergoing shoulder surgery on October 8.

But even though he’s turned into a bit of a sympathetic figure, the former first-round pick still does not have many supporters.

Forbes released its list of the most disliked players in the NFL on Monday, and the 26-year-old came in fifth.

According to the magazine, “these 10 bring out the most negative heat among fans.” E-Poll Market Research surveyed 1,100 people aged 13 and older, Forbes disclosed in its online slideshow.

40 percent of those who were surveyed dislike the signal caller, according to the magazine. On Forbes’ website, the blurb underneath Sanchez’s picture read: “Has never seemed unlikable, just began taking heat for his own and the Jets’ regression last year. With rookie QB Geno Smith now showing promise, Sanchez, out with an injured shoulder, is even easier to dump on.”

So there’s that.

Below are the 10 most disliked players in the NFL.

Enjoy…

10) Lions running back Reggie Bush

9) Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer

8) Patriots quarterback Tom Brady

7) Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo

6) Bears quarterback Jay Cutler

5) Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez

4) Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger

3) Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh

2) Chargers linebacker Manti Te’o

1) Eagles quarterback Michael Vick
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Off to watch the Giants beat the Vikings.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote:Off to watch the Giants beat the Vikings.

1st time on MNF ..... 2, 0-6 teams playing each other.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote:
lime rickie wrote:Off to watch the Giants beat the Vikings.

1st time on MNF ..... 2, 0-6 teams playing each other.
Vikes snuck out a win vs. Pittsburgh in London few weeks back....1-4. Still expect G-Men to get the W!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Josh Freeman looked awful tonight, and it's not as if the Giants have a top 5 defense.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

LIPH wrote:Josh Freeman looked awful tonight, and it's not as if the Giants have a top 5 defense.
Both teams looked awful...what an embarrassment. But an ugly win is still a win.

Gooo, Big Blue! :lol: :lol: :lol: