2014 NFL Season

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174736
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by SMLCHNG »

Really can't stand the word hate/haters.
Good teams were in this game.
Neither were flawless.
Neither excelled.
Refs got most of the calls right.
A few exceptional plays.
Most of the commercials were probably lost on the NFL audience.
Really missed having the humorous commercials of years past.
There were a few, thank goodness, cause I didn't like either of the teams.

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Haters gonna hate. :lol:

Great performance by Tom Brady. 37 - 50 (record setting), 328 yards. 4 touch downs. Where is the excuse now? He drove his team down the field and won the game.

The game doesn't come to one play. Seattle didn't lose the game because they didn't hand Lynch the ball. They lost the game because the footballs were properly inflated and Bellichick and Brady and co. made the greatest post salary cap defense, who made Aaron Rogers and Peyton Manning look foolish, look like Jests.

Enough.

You got nothing on this. Don't even try.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

SMLCHNG wrote:Really can't stand the word hate/haters.
Good teams were in this game.
Neither were flawless.
Neither excelled.
Refs got most of the calls right.
A few exceptional plays.
Most of the commercials were probably lost on the NFL audience.
Really missed having the humorous commercials of years past.
There were a few, thank goodness, cause I didn't like either of the teams.
Tom Brady had Super Bowl record setting performance. What are you talking about? Didn't excel especially after the media fabricating stories based on non evidence? Yes, one team did excel and it is because Tom Brady. After what Seattle did to Peyton Manning last year this is especially gratifying.

All said with respect, Penny. You are wrong, though. No team or player could have excelled more. No way. Not tonight.

crickets.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174736
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by SMLCHNG »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote:Really can't stand the word hate/haters.
Good teams were in this game.
Neither were flawless.
Neither excelled.
Refs got most of the calls right.
A few exceptional plays.
Most of the commercials were probably lost on the NFL audience.
Really missed having the humorous commercials of years past.
There were a few, thank goodness, cause I didn't like either of the teams.
Tom Brady had Super Bowl record setting performance. What are you talking about? Didn't excel especially after the media fabricating stories based on non evidence? Yes, one team did excel and it is because Tom Brady. After what Seattle did to Peyton Manning last year this is especially gratifying.
All said with respect, Penny. You are wrong, though. No team or player could have excelled more. No way. Not tonight.
crickets.
Crickets are hibernating. It's cold. Brady didn't excel beyond belief with those interceptions. Broncos/Manning are not factor as the Broncos weren't even in the game. I never mentioned the deflated football crap - and I'm not sure what I'm wrong about. It's MY opinion, and that's all. Carry on.

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

SMLCHNG wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote:Really can't stand the word hate/haters.
Good teams were in this game.
Neither were flawless.
Neither excelled.
Refs got most of the calls right.
A few exceptional plays.
Most of the commercials were probably lost on the NFL audience.
Really missed having the humorous commercials of years past.
There were a few, thank goodness, cause I didn't like either of the teams.
Tom Brady had Super Bowl record setting performance. What are you talking about? Didn't excel especially after the media fabricating stories based on non evidence? Yes, one team did excel and it is because Tom Brady. After what Seattle did to Peyton Manning last year this is especially gratifying.
All said with respect, Penny. You are wrong, though. No team or player could have excelled more. No way. Not tonight.
crickets.
Crickets are hibernating. It's cold. Brady didn't excel beyond belief with those interceptions. Broncos/Manning are not factor as they weren't even in the game. I never mentioned the deflated football crap - and I'm not sure what I'm wrong about. It's MY opinion, and that's all. Carry on.
When a QB sets a record for completions in a Superbowl (and touchdowns for all time Superbowls) that is an exceptional performance by a team, especially considering how legitimately great the Seahawks defense is and further especially after the "deflate gate" (thank you, Penny, for not brining that up). You are not wrong about anything but, again, I respectfully disagree about your "neither team excelled" statement. Patriots owned the moment. It was a huge victory with more than the Seahawks against them. It was a great game. I am proud of what Tom Brady did. Last thing I will say about it.

Best Super Bowl I ever watched.

Thank you.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27382
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Haters gonna hate. :lol:

Great performance by Tom Brady. 37 - 50 (record setting), 328 yards. 4 touch downs. Where is the excuse now? He drove his team down the field and won the game.

The game doesn't come to one play. Seattle didn't lose the game because they didn't hand Lynch the ball. They lost the game because the footballs were properly inflated and Bellichick and Brady and co. made the greatest post salary cap defense, who made Aaron Rogers and Peyton Manning look foolish, look like Jests.

Enough.

You got nothing on this. Don't even try.
week 13 Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers throws for over 350 yards and two touchdowns in a 26-21 win.....so your wrong on The Aaron Rodgers looking foolish , Manning I agree with. Brady had a great game , every Patriot fan that was watching with me , thought the game was over when they got to the 1. They weren't going to stop Lynch , he just ran 5 yards on them the play before. Pitchers and Catchers in 2 weeks.

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 63305
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Haters gonna hate. :lol:
Were you dancing around lip synching to Taylor Swift after you typed that?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27382
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by TommyBahama »

How Many Pats fan's were having David Tyree or Mario Manningham flash backs when Kearse made that incredible catch. Amazing concentration, reminded me of the Lynn Swann catch against the Cowboys

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4579
Joined: February 1, 2009 2:28 am
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!
Location: La Crosse (actually Onalaska) WI

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by Bicycle Bill »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Too soon?

http://i.imgur.com/MNKOY1M.gif
"Les sanglots longs des violons de l’automne
Blessent mon cœur d'une langueur monotone."


Personally, I don't think so.
Image
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Posts: 33010
Joined: April 12, 2003 12:16 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 30
Location: Elena's house
Contact:

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by CaptainP »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote:Really can't stand the word hate/haters.
Good teams were in this game.
Neither were flawless.
Neither excelled.
Refs got most of the calls right.
A few exceptional plays.
Most of the commercials were probably lost on the NFL audience.
Really missed having the humorous commercials of years past.
There were a few, thank goodness, cause I didn't like either of the teams.
Tom Brady had Super Bowl record setting performance. What are you talking about? Didn't excel especially after the media fabricating stories based on non evidence? Yes, one team did excel and it is because Tom Brady. After what Seattle did to Peyton Manning last year this is especially gratifying.
All said with respect, Penny. You are wrong, though. No team or player could have excelled more. No way. Not tonight.
crickets.
Crickets are hibernating. It's cold. Brady didn't excel beyond belief with those interceptions. Broncos/Manning are not factor as they weren't even in the game. I never mentioned the deflated football crap - and I'm not sure what I'm wrong about. It's MY opinion, and that's all. Carry on.



When a QB sets a record for completions in a Superbowl (and touchdowns for all time Superbowls) that is an exceptional performance by a team, especially considering how legitimately great the Seahawks defense is and further especially after the "deflate gate" (thank you, Penny, for not brining that up). You are not wrong about anything but, again, I respectfully disagree about your "neither team excelled" statement. Patriots owned the moment. It was a huge victory with more than the Seahawks against them. It was a great game. I am proud of what Tom Brady did. Last thing I will say about it.

Best Super Bowl I ever watched.

Thank you.
When a Super Bowl QB sets a record for most completions and attempts, it doesn't mean it was because he was the best QB in a Super Bowl, it means that he was in a situation where he was playing from behind. The QB who had the record before him was the LOSING QB in a blowout. In fact, the 2 interceptions that Mr. Perfect threw were a big reason that the Patriots were losing at that stage, and that he had to throw so often. Not the best performance ever. Sorry, not even close.
Last edited by CaptainP on February 2, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Posts: 33010
Joined: April 12, 2003 12:16 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 30
Location: Elena's house
Contact:

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by CaptainP »

As for the Saggy Balls issue? (Sorry, have to get this out, I've been absent for about a week). I think that the fact they won with legal balls makes me wonder why they felt the need to deflate them in the first place. And Jon, you talk about "no evidence". You mean no evidence other than the DEFLATED BALLS???? Sorry, but you keep choosing to ignore that. The balls were deflated. Was it a big deal? No. Which is why I wonder why they felt they needed to do it. From the article I posted earlier, it seems it was more about preventing fumbles. Either way, don't talk about lack of evidence when the footballs themselves are evidence. And yes, I find it suspicious that the ball boy would take the balls into the bathroom, where there are no security videos. But then again, you are the guy who still thinks Aaron Hernandez is innocent because they didn't find the gun. Did Brady and Belichek know about the deflated balls? Absolutely! They just didn't believe it was a big deal because a lot of teams do it. Jon, you point out the Panthers in November, you point out Terry Bradshaw. But one thing you can't get away from....neither the 2014 Carolina Panthers or the 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers were on the field on that cold January day. So they do not matter one bit. Quit using them as your proof that it's OK that the balls were deflated. If this were a court of law, you'd be laughed out of it.

The reason I believe 100% that Brady/Belichek knew about it is that I have studied psychology. One of the first things taught in Psychology 101 is how to listen to people. And listen for conflicting statements.
-Brady, in one press conference said 2 things...first, "I like the balls to be at the lower end of the range, 12.5 PSI". He later said, "I can't tell the difference between an underinflated ball and a legal one". Really? Then why mention how you like them? Because you are dancing around the truth. On top of that, Brady is usually Mr. Smooth, and he looked completely uncomfortable answering those questions. Is this proof? No. But it is a big reason my opinion is that Brady was fully aware.
-Belichek, in his first press conference (not the "My Cousin Vinnie" one), also said 2 things. First, he said that in practice, he likes to deflate balls, inflate balls, use dirty balls, and if the guys complain, he makes them worse. Then later he said, "I don't even know if an underinflated ball makes a difference". He said one thing, then he said another. He knew as well, in my opinion.

You've also mentioned that D'Qwell Jackson made a comment that he couldn't even tell. Yep, but as it turns out, he wasn't the one who alerted the refs. In the previous matchup against the Colts in the regular season, a Patriot's ball ended up on the Colt's sideline and their equipment manager noticed it was low on air. So when Jackson brought him the ball he intercepted in the AFC Championship, the same equipment manager alerted the refs.

And about those refs? Maybe they didn't properly log in the PSI of the balls. But that doesn't mean that the balls weren't illegal. Quit citing non-evidence as evidence that nothing happened. The balls are the evidence.

In the end, it won't matter. They have their title. They probably win it anyway (although the Baltimore game comes into question, if the balls were illegal then). The ball boy will take the fall, he'll get fired, and a year from now, he'll find $10 million in an anonymous bank account to keep quiet (and the NFL and the Patriots will both be paying him because they both want this issue to disappear).
Image
Image

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Posts: 33010
Joined: April 12, 2003 12:16 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 30
Location: Elena's house
Contact:

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by CaptainP »

Personally, I'm glad the Patriots won. The way the Seahawks acted after the kneel down tells me everything I already knew. The Seahawks are a bunch of classless losers. Sorry to their fans here, but that's the team you're rooting for. A bunch of punks who pretend to crap on the ball, who start throwing punches when things don't go their way, and who spent the entire post-game blaming each other for the lost (except Carroll, who at least owned up).
Image
Image

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27382
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by TommyBahama »

CaptainP wrote:Personally, I'm glad the Patriots won. The way the Seahawks acted after the kneel down tells me everything I already knew. The Seahawks are a bunch of classless losers. Sorry to their fans here, but that's the team you're rooting for. A bunch of punks who pretend to crap on the ball, who start throwing punches when things don't go their way, and who spent the entire post-game blaming each other for the lost (except Carroll, who at least owned up).
the end of the game would of never happened if the right play was called , but agree with you on both , The Baldwin thing was classless.

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

CaptainP wrote:As for the Saggy Balls issue? (Sorry, have to get this out, I've been absent for about a week). I think that the fact they won with legal balls makes me wonder why they felt the need to deflate them in the first place. And Jon, you talk about "no evidence". You mean no evidence other than the DEFLATED BALLS???? Sorry, but you keep choosing to ignore that. The balls were deflated. Was it a big deal? No. Which is why I wonder why they felt they needed to do it. From the article I posted earlier, it seems it was more about preventing fumbles. Either way, don't talk about lack of evidence when the footballs themselves are evidence. And yes, I find it suspicious that the ball boy would take the balls into the bathroom, where there are no security videos. But then again, you are the guy who still thinks Aaron Hernandez is innocent because they didn't find the gun. Did Brady and Belichek know about the deflated balls? Absolutely! They just didn't believe it was a big deal because a lot of teams do it. Jon, you point out the Panthers in November, you point out Terry Bradshaw. But one thing you can't get away from....neither the 2014 Carolina Panthers or the 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers were on the field on that cold January day. So they do not matter one bit. Quit using them as your proof that it's OK that the balls were deflated. If this were a court of law, you'd be laughed out of it.

The reason I believe 100% that Brady/Belichek knew about it is that I have studied psychology. One of the first things taught in Psychology 101 is how to listen to people. And listen for conflicting statements.
-Brady, in one press conference said 2 things...first, "I like the balls to be at the lower end of the range, 12.5 PSI". He later said, "I can't tell the difference between an underinflated ball and a legal one". Really? Then why mention how you like them? Because you are dancing around the truth. On top of that, Brady is usually Mr. Smooth, and he looked completely uncomfortable answering those questions. Is this proof? No. But it is a big reason my opinion is that Brady was fully aware.
-Belichek, in his first press conference (not the "My Cousin Vinnie" one), also said 2 things. First, he said that in practice, he likes to deflate balls, inflate balls, use dirty balls, and if the guys complain, he makes them worse. Then later he said, "I don't even know if an underinflated ball makes a difference". He said one thing, then he said another. He knew as well, in my opinion.

You've also mentioned that D'Qwell Jackson made a comment that he couldn't even tell. Yep, but as it turns out, he wasn't the one who alerted the refs. In the previous matchup against the Colts in the regular season, a Patriot's ball ended up on the Colt's sideline and their equipment manager noticed it was low on air. So when Jackson brought him the ball he intercepted in the AFC Championship, the same equipment manager alerted the refs.

And about those refs? Maybe they didn't properly log in the PSI of the balls. But that doesn't mean that the balls weren't illegal. Quit citing non-evidence as evidence that nothing happened. The balls are the evidence.

In the end, it won't matter. They have their title. They probably win it anyway (although the Baltimore game comes into question, if the balls were illegal then). The ball boy will take the fall, he'll get fired, and a year from now, he'll find $10 million in an anonymous bank account to keep quiet (and the NFL and the Patriots will both be paying him because they both want this issue to disappear).
I can't believe you got me to respond to this, Jim. :D Well played.

You are wrong.

You have no evidence that the balls were deflated. None.

I am not ignoring anything. The refs never checked them and logged the psi. Yes, the Patriots played with footballs that were never inflated by the refs (which is the league rule, by the way). You keep saying that the Patriots footballs were at a legal psi and THEN they were deflated. Wrong. Again, they were simply never inflated to begin with.

Show me evidence that 1. The refs checked the footballs. 2. Logged a specific psi 3. The Patriots deflated the footballs after this occurred (absurd media creation). You can't. The refs didn't do their job. It is that simple.

Now back to this:

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/20 ... tos-11.jpg

8) :D

Best. ever.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

CaptainP wrote:Personally, I'm glad the Patriots won. The way the Seahawks acted after the kneel down tells me everything I already knew. The Seahawks are a bunch of classless losers. Sorry to their fans here, but that's the team you're rooting for. A bunch of punks who pretend to crap on the ball, who start throwing punches when things don't go their way, and who spent the entire post-game blaming each other for the lost (except Carroll, who at least owned up).
Everyone keeps talking about Lynch not getting ball at the end of the game. Lynch wasn't even on the field which is just crazy! At least have him out. I can't wrap my head around this. Its like the New York Yankees not bunting against a crippled, bloody sock Curt Schilling in the 2004 ALCS. Why wouldn't you? There is no answer.

But what is more crazy to me is the fight. If the Seahawks didn't act like such as$hole punks (which they are - at least some of them. I don't care where you went to college. A punk is a punk is a punk) then the Patriots would have had to move the ball out of the end zone. Tom Brady couldn't take a knee. With the penalty for being a punch of ass%hole punks (which they are) Brady was afforded enough room to take a knee and end the game.

The Seahawks could have got a safety which would have made it a two point game then get the ball back. 50 yard + field goals for Hauschka are not unheard of. If they didn't fight they could have still easily won the game!!!!

Crazy.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27382
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by TommyBahama »

CaptainP wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote:Really can't stand the word hate/haters.
Good teams were in this game.
Neither were flawless.
Neither excelled.
Refs got most of the calls right.
A few exceptional plays.
Most of the commercials were probably lost on the NFL audience.
Really missed having the humorous commercials of years past.
There were a few, thank goodness, cause I didn't like either of the teams.
Tom Brady had Super Bowl record setting performance. What are you talking about? Didn't excel especially after the media fabricating stories based on non evidence? Yes, one team did excel and it is because Tom Brady. After what Seattle did to Peyton Manning last year this is especially gratifying.
All said with respect, Penny. You are wrong, though. No team or player could have excelled more. No way. Not tonight.
crickets.
Crickets are hibernating. It's cold. Brady didn't excel beyond belief with those interceptions. Broncos/Manning are not factor as they weren't even in the game. I never mentioned the deflated football crap - and I'm not sure what I'm wrong about. It's MY opinion, and that's all. Carry on.



When a QB sets a record for completions in a Superbowl (and touchdowns for all time Superbowls) that is an exceptional performance by a team, especially considering how legitimately great the Seahawks defense is and further especially after the "deflate gate" (thank you, Penny, for not brining that up). You are not wrong about anything but, again, I respectfully disagree about your "neither team excelled" statement. Patriots owned the moment. It was a huge victory with more than the Seahawks against them. It was a great game. I am proud of what Tom Brady did. Last thing I will say about it.

Best Super Bowl I ever watched.

Thank you.
When a Super Bowl QB sets a record for most completions and attempts, it doesn't mean it was because he was the best QB in a Super Bowl, it means that he was in a situation where he was playing from behind. The QB who had the record before him was the LOSING QB in a blowout. In fact, the 2 interceptions that Mr. Perfect threw were a big reason that the Patriots were losing at that stage, and that he had to throw so often. Not the best performance ever. Sorry, not even close.
To me the best QB performance in a Super Bowl was Phil Simms against Buffalo , he was 22 -25 in the game only 3 incompletions 88% completion percentage

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5978
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by Dr.Corona »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
CaptainP wrote:Personally, I'm glad the Patriots won. The way the Seahawks acted after the kneel down tells me everything I already knew. The Seahawks are a bunch of classless losers. Sorry to their fans here, but that's the team you're rooting for. A bunch of punks who pretend to crap on the ball, who start throwing punches when things don't go their way, and who spent the entire post-game blaming each other for the lost (except Carroll, who at least owned up).
Everyone keeps talking about Lynch not getting ball at the end of the game. Lynch wasn't even on the field which is just crazy! At least have him out. I can't wrap my head around this. Its like the New York Yankees not bunting against a crippled, bloody sock Curt Schilling in the 2004 ALCS. Why wouldn't you? There is no answer.

But what is more crazy to me is the fight. If the Seahawks didn't act like such as$hole punks (which they are - at least some of them. I don't care where you went to college. A punk is a punk is a punk) then the Patriots would have had to move the ball out of the end zone. Tom Brady couldn't take a knee. With the penalty for being a punch of ass%hole punks (which they are) Brady was afforded enough room to take a knee and end the game.

The Seahawks could have got a safety which would have made it a two point game then get the ball back. 50 yard + field goals for Hauschka are not unheard of. If they didn't fight they could have still easily won the game!!!!


Crazy.
It was an offsides penalty on the play previous to the play where the scrap started that gave the Pats breathing room. Lynch went into the left flat on the Seahawks final play. If Seahawks didn't fight could have easily won the game???? I would counter with Brady could EASILY sneak forward to at least hold the line of scrimmage if not gain a bit. Hate to say it but your credibility took a hit with your post game comments & observations. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Last edited by Dr.Corona on February 2, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Re: 2014 NFL Season

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Dr.Corona wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
CaptainP wrote:Personally, I'm glad the Patriots won. The way the Seahawks acted after the kneel down tells me everything I already knew. The Seahawks are a bunch of classless losers. Sorry to their fans here, but that's the team you're rooting for. A bunch of punks who pretend to crap on the ball, who start throwing punches when things don't go their way, and who spent the entire post-game blaming each other for the lost (except Carroll, who at least owned up).
Everyone keeps talking about Lynch not getting ball at the end of the game. Lynch wasn't even on the field which is just crazy! At least have him out. I can't wrap my head around this. Its like the New York Yankees not bunting against a crippled, bloody sock Curt Schilling in the 2004 ALCS. Why wouldn't you? There is no answer.

But what is more crazy to me is the fight. If the Seahawks didn't act like such as$hole punks (which they are - at least some of them. I don't care where you went to college. A punk is a punk is a punk) then the Patriots would have had to move the ball out of the end zone. Tom Brady couldn't take a knee. With the penalty for being a punch of ass%hole punks (which they are) Brady was afforded enough room to take a knee and end the game.

The Seahawks could have got a safety which would have made it a two point game then get the ball back. 50 yard + field goals for Hauschka are not unheard of. If they didn't fight they could have still easily won the game!!!!


Crazy.
It was an offsides penalty on the play previous to the play where the scrap started that gave the Pats breathing room.
True. Meant to include that. Thanks.

Still, Lynch not getting the ball and the fight are things I can't wrap my head around considering the circumstances.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

Post Reply