Pillows

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

What kind of pillows do you prefer?

Poll ended at September 3, 2014 11:26 pm

Foam / firm
21%
Feather / soft
29%
None
No votes
Boobies
50%

Total votes: 14

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Pillows

Post by SMLCHNG »

First world problems. :lol: But E and I went out of town this weekend, and they had 6 feather pillows on the king sized bed. Hated them. Mushed down into a flat mess, and they didn't stay in place. What do you prefer?

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Re: Pillows

Post by Tiki Torches »

SMLCHNG wrote:First world problems. :lol: But E and I went out of town this weekend, and they had 6 feather pillows on the king sized bed. Hated them. Mushed down into a flat mess, and they didn't stay in place. What do you prefer?
These type of contour pillows. I have tended to get a crick in my neck from using other kinds of pillows but not the contour ones.

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

What are they filled with?

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

SMLCHNG wrote:What are they filled with?
Foam.

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

one of the Few things that my Grandmother did for me was to make my (now ex) wife and I pillows for our wedding
goose down/feathers and just the best..... until 20+ years later when the down was crushed. (they were heavy sons-a-guns)
now it's foam

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Tiki Torches wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote:First world problems. :lol: But E and I went out of town this weekend, and they had 6 feather pillows on the king sized bed. Hated them. Mushed down into a flat mess, and they didn't stay in place. What do you prefer?
These type of contour pillows. I have tended to get a crick in my neck from using other kinds of pillows but not the contour ones.

and my neck is so sensitive that I have never been able to use any of these, despite their reputation as great for neck relief. I have two old, beaten down foam pillows that I stack (neither is very thick) and most of the time those do fine. But travel is awful because I can never find a pillow that works for me elsewhere.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Tiki Torches wrote:

That's what I use and I love it. I use the smaller end when I'm laying on my back and turn it around to the thicker end for when I go to sleep on my side (along with a knee pillow which helps with my back problem).
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

ejr wrote:
Tiki Torches wrote:

and my neck is so sensitive that I have never been able to use any of these, despite their reputation as great for neck relief. I have two old, beaten down foam pillows that I stack (neither is very thick) and most of the time those do fine. But travel is awful because I can never find a pillow that works for me elsewhere.
I don't use any other kind of pillow anymore if I can help it.

balcony girls

Post by balcony girls »

. . oooo . . this is a major issue with me . . . I never travel for more than 1 day without my pillow . .

. .those 6 inch tall bricks they have at hotels . . not for me . . . . . in fact, I will throw those on the floor, take off the pillowcase, fold a towel inside, and sleep like a baby . . . . . I probably could just use only the pillowcase . . . :o

. . mine are soooper soft goose down (?) . . . I've had them for years, and will probably insist on being buried with it . .

. . :D
. . " and I finally disappear . . . . BUT NOT YET ! ! "

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Amazon really does have everything. :lol:
http://www.amazon.com/Hott-Place-Boobs- ... oob+pillow
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

I have a memory foam pillow and I like it a lot. Not a fan of feather. Too smushy.

Hubby uses a contoured memory foam pillow and I like to steal it.

Boobies.

spark26981
I have found me a home

Post by spark26981 »

I use this...Jimmy makes the most comfy pillows...

:wink:

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

I chose Boobies because I like both and use both. I have a pillow that I call my scrunchy pillow that pretty much goes everywhere with me now. I can wad it up into a ball, I can hug it and feed it and call it George......
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.

I lost my cat :cry: Nevermind I found her!!! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

goreds2
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Day Dreamin'
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer then shot of Mango Rum

Post by goreds2 »

I just bought a MyPillow to keep at my girlfriends house. I bought her one also.
I was there when the term "Parrot Head" was coined in 1985 at the Timberwolf Amphitheater in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I was Buffett when Buffett wasn't cool.

myke212
Hoot!

Post by myke212 »

I got a My Pillow last year. I love it!
Life rewards the ones that got it down..
The difference between your ass and a hole in the ground! www.myspace.com/myke212