BN Server Move Sunday 9/16 (you are on the NEW server)

Read here first before posting messages.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona »

Still having problems with email notifications.

I'm getting notified of PM's immediately, but thread notifications can come anywhere from a few hours to a day or two after the post was made. :-?
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I'm having issues on 2 different computers (vista and xp) with not showing as logged in when I first come back to the site. It seems that I am not logged in, but if I click "profile" all of the sudden I appear as logged in. Although it could be a problem with my computers, it started exactly the same day that I got the new server message. Never had a problem before that. I always select the "stay logged in" option when I do have to sign in, so it's definately not that. I've cleared cookies, etc. to no avail. Minor inconvenience, but I thought I would mention it.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

FunkHouse9 wrote:I'm having issues on 2 different computers (vista and xp) with not showing as logged in when I first come back to the site. It seems that I am not logged in, but if I click "profile" all of the sudden I appear as logged in. Although it could be a problem with my computers, it started exactly the same day that I got the new server message. Never had a problem before that. I always select the "stay logged in" option when I do have to sign in, so it's definately not that. I've cleared cookies, etc. to no avail. Minor inconvenience, but I thought I would mention it.

Same thing here.

Debbie
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

FunkHouse9 wrote:I'm having issues on 2 different computers (vista and xp) with not showing as logged in when I first come back to the site. It seems that I am not logged in, but if I click "profile" all of the sudden I appear as logged in. Although it could be a problem with my computers, it started exactly the same day that I got the new server message. Never had a problem before that. I always select the "stay logged in" option when I do have to sign in, so it's definately not that. I've cleared cookies, etc. to no avail. Minor inconvenience, but I thought I would mention it.
To DNW and anyone else who might be having my problem, I did figure out a fix that helps me with this problem. I was coming to BN with a bookmark directing me to http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/ and I don't show up as logged in. I changed the bookmark to http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/index.php and I show up as logged in immediately. I don't understand why it would be different when directing to the topic url instead of the content item url, but it is.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.